Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

I can't wait for Nike/Jordan Brand to troll everybody, for the next 5 to 7 years with the reimagined series. It's gonna be epic complaining and crying on this site, especially when we get Black/Metallic 5,s in Leather, Black/Cement 3,s with improved shape and lower elephant print, but made with Nubuck. Black/infrared 6,s in Leather, White/Cement 4,s with improved shape, but made out of white Nubuck. Black/Aqua 8,s with improved shape, but made with all leather. They going to do the same with the 7,s too.

The writings on the wall, but everybody on here is going to act brand new over and over and over and over again. I actually love what they're doing with the reimagined theme. Everybody loves familiarity, but don't like change, then they can start retroing the reimagined series 20+ years from now, which is smart in my opinion.

The waxed coated look hit different.

20240123_033725.jpg
20240123_101954.jpg
20240123_101934.jpg
20240123_102039.jpg

Attachments

• 20240123_033725.jpg
    20240123_033725.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240123_102039.jpg
    20240123_102039.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240123_101934.jpg
    20240123_101934.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240123_101954.jpg
    20240123_101954.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 14
I can't wait for Nike/Jordan Brand to troll everybody, for the next 5 to 7 years with the reimagined series. It's gonna be epic complaining and crying on this site, especially when we get Black/Metallic 5,s in Leather, Black/Cement 3,s with improved shape and lower elephant print, but made with Nubuck. Black/infrared 6,s in Leather, White/Cement 4,s with improved shape, but made out of white Nubuck. Black/Aqua 8,s with improved shape, but made with all leather. They going to do the same with the 7,s too.

The writings on the wall, but everybody on here is going to act brand new over and over and over and over again. I actually love what they're doing with the reimagined theme. Everybody loves familiarity, but don't like change, then they can start retroing the reimagined series 20+ years from now, which is smart in my opinion.
Reimagined series can be good (Lost and Founds, WC3, Black 4s) or they can be bad (Suede black/Royals, Patent black/red 1s). Seems like there is no in-between. Polarizing line for sure.

BC3s in nubuck or suede will be ok so long as the shape is good. I own a pair of the black/green 3s in nubuck, and while they’re a pain in the *** to keep from looking ashy, I still dig em because they’re Celtics colors. I’d feel the same about the BC3 - love the colorway enough to cop a pair even if it’s not my favorite material.

Nubuck or durabuck is fine for retros of anything that originally had it, but keep it off of anything else. I'll take a decent suede over nubuck/durabuck every time, and keep patent leather and satin all the way out of my retros (except for 11s, which I don't buy anyway).

Curious if that extra padding will make them even snugger. I *have* to go up .5 size on 4s, even then I still sometimes get pinky toe pain. Had to sell my AMM4s because they hurt so bad in .5 size up. Do I…. Need to go full size up in these? 👀
I would stick with your TTS in most Jordan 4’s. If that’s a .5 size up, run it. A full size would be extreme imo.

We already got blk metalic 5s in leather few years ago

Growing up all of the black Jordans were Durabuck but the GS size was leather sometimes, Jordans 4 through 10.

This all happened during peak Jordan hysteria, the early 90s. It's a big part of the history that's underrated.
I got a GS size Bordeaux and a Toddler size playoff 7, both OG that I bought for my kids when they were little. Both have leather accents separating the durabuck panels. Super dope.

Growing up all of the black Jordans were Durabuck but the GS size was leather sometimes, Jordans 4 through 10.

This all happened during peak Jordan hysteria, the early 90s. It's a big part of the history that's underrated.
Yes I had the playoff 7's in a youth size 6 1/2 back then and they used leather and durabuck while my brothers men's size 10 was all durabuck. Also remember the youth Jordan 6 infrareds were all leather as well. JB may use some of what they did back then for the reimagined series.

Calling these reimagined makes a lot of sense. Back in the day all other colorways were leather, and I bet there were mockups/samples of the BC in leather before they decided on durabuck. If you're going to do this reimagined thing, this makes sense. Yellowing, cracking, etc....well, that doesn't make much sense at all.

I can't believe the resell prices on these, they're legit going for double the retail price. I'm wondering what prices are going to be a week before release. I feel if the prices don't really drop much a week before release that's usually a sign the kicks are going to be a difficult cop.

I can't believe the resell prices on these, they're legit going for double the retail price. I'm wondering what prices are going to be a week before release. I feel if the prices don't really drop much a week before release that's usually a sign the kicks are going to be a difficult cop.
I don’t think they are gonna be a difficult cop, but I also don’t think it’s gonna be quite an easy one either. Some L’s are gonna get handed out for sure. I think it will be similar to the WC3. I’m gonna guess when the smoke clears resell is gonna stay over that 325 price range (depending on size of course.)

I mean it's still a month out. A month out from WC3s they was still going for $500 because for some reason people was thinking they was gonna be as sought after/elusive as the Lost and Founds (not the case). After release they sat around $260-270 and just recently started creeping up again after the holidays

By the time the shock drop hits and the official release happens these 4s will be in the mid to high $200s. People not gonna break the bank for these in this economy. It's not the go-go covid money days anymore where everybody and their grandma would be talking bout "Yo, I need at least 4 pairs". For what?!

The tongue is more accurate to an og model. Weartesters guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about

For the most part he knows his **** but he came off clueless about these attributing way too much to the sb model
He also said something about 2019 being the most true-to-og retro of the black cements. Cmon bro. First 3-4 minutes of that video was tough to watch but he knows his stuff for the most part. Just surprised to see him of all people spewing nonsense.

He also said something about 2019 being the most true-to-og retro of the black cements. Cmon bro. First 3-4 minutes of that video was tough to watch but he knows his stuff for the most part. Just surprised to see him of all people spewing nonsense.

Exactly. He was coming off like one of these kids who grew up on the 2012 shape and thinks the updated features are new for the sb. At the end of the day I enjoy his channel but very surprised at how he missed the mark with his breakdown on these

Back
Top Bottom