Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Just look how mad ppl got when they took leather royals and made them suede: no one wants suede basketball shoes
Speak for yourself cause I do. I mean none of these are actually basketball shoes at this point. But I definitely enjoy a nice pair of suede Jordans. Just freshened these up for duty today
IMG_9156.jpeg

No denial, we just prefer OG classics to be left in OG form. The leather is nice, but it’s not the same shoe relatively speaking. Only reason you here is because of the shape, take that away then what do you have….another pointless JB troll release.

That’s my dilemma in a nutshell. I like the shape so much, but I also hate this endless manipulative trolling Nike and JB do, and I don’t really want to participate in their BS :lol:

That's why the "I told you so" and "These are better than the OG" posts got me crying.
One thing about Niketalk, when a shoe is finally done well, the takes are astronomically hot :lol:.
We will revisit in 8 years or so when the true to OG durabucks inevitably drop :lol:

I seriously doubt it’ll be as long as eight years.

these leather reimagined are better (to me) than the original suede and nubuck. It’s probably why I preferred the cements over the breds until this drop

Just look how mad ppl got when they took leather royals and made them suede: no one wants suede basketball shoes

IMG_8021.jpeg

I wouldn’t conflate suede jordan 1 royals not being popular with folks not liking suede on Jordan’s in general.

4 raffles entered.

Has anyone had luck with the JD sports app? Would appreciate a DM with instructions on how to get this done. Thanks in advance.
not a JD/FNL pro these days but in store reservations go out tuesday/wednesday mornings around 9am est, make sure your logged in with preferred stores saved & if you get access to the drop in your status rewards page you need to spend like 2k points to lock them in. then the following day same thing but for ship to me. on RD any extra pairs go online fcfs

hope this helps

Last edited:
Why don’t we just call them an unreleased sample. Yes they’re black cements but JB always has some gimmick that doesn’t make sense. The 2016 black concords were labeled spacejams and had a 45. But the movie pair is different. I think JB started using Nike air because we asked for it. Imo opinion it’s a money grab at this point. Honestly I think Jordan likes his jumpman logo more.

Different shoes. Reimagined series aren’t meant to replace the OGs. Just a new take on them. You ain’t gotta like them, but disliking them because they’re not “OG” is absurd, especially if you have another reimagined model in your collection. Hell, if you’ve got a retro + colorway in your collection, those aren’t OG either.

But again, if you wanna skip em, have at it.

Last edited:
My snkrs pair came in! They're super dope in hand and very nice quality. I didn't notice any flaws on my pair which is good because the last pair of 4's I had was the FR's from 2020 and those were terrible quality and had so many manufacturing issues.

A few things to say after trying these on is the fit is pretty much the same as previous 4's I wore where I went up half a size. There's a bit of space in the front but its just the right amount that I like. The problem I noticed immediately when I put these on my feet, is I could feel the pinky toe rubbing on both feet which is strange because I usually only felt it on one foot with the previous 4's I wore. This may or may not have a very painful break in period for my feet to the point I don't think I'm gonna take chances wearing them all day, probably to the movies and local spots until they become more comfortable.

IMG_8222.jpeg
IMG_8223.jpeg
IMG_8224.jpeg
IMG_8225.jpeg

I don't think anyone would have a problem with doing OGs in different ways. That's been done over the course of the retro business. What's frustrating is re-imagining for a whole decade rather than having parallel paths. I think it's another 4-5 years of this personally.

Brace yourselves.

The success of these will soon bring leather playoff 8s, leather metallic 5’s, leather black infrareds, leather charcoals, etc.

It’s a matter of time now.
The next 5 and 6 blacks I can see for sure. But they better leave the 7 alone for the next release.

Brace yourselves.

The success of these will soon bring leather playoff 8s, leather metallic 5’s, leather black infrareds, leather charcoals, etc.

It’s a matter of time now.
At-least these were done with respect. If Nike gonna mess with legit history in the future, then please keep up with the good craftsmanship and materials as on these IVs. :emoji_pray:

Back
Top Bottom