Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Here is a semi comparison. My “official” pair came in.

IMG_6305.jpeg
IMG_6311.jpeg

As you can see, the factory is “LN4”
The toe box being super slanted definitely makes these look superior.

Here is the comparisons.. Night and day…

IMG_6306.jpeg
IMG_6308.jpeg

The leather on the LN4 pair feels different too.
I think you have pretty good proof. Gotta escalate that matter further and send them these pics, and if they don’t resolve it, take it to social media. My buddy got sent some fake AJ1s and StockX wouldn’t even respond to him. Took it to Twitter and IG and he got a response within a day to send the shoes back for an exchange.

I really don’t see how anyone can prefer the look of the nubuck over the leather. And by looks alone, not based on nostalgia or just being a fan of the OG. *Insert Vince Carter, its over.
The matte black look has always been pretty unique to this shoe. Even the metallic 5’s, IR 6’s, charcoal 7’s, playoff 8’s all draw heavily off the success of that exact aesthetic and its popularity. None of which are executed as well as the IV.

This turned out to be a really good retro, but personally I don’t consider it the same shoe and it doesn’t convey the same design mindset to me. This is a side shoe to me. A very nice one at that.

I wish my two pairs had that extra-extreme slant, but they're solid. I think the reality is, once you really start wearing them and the toe boxes start getting flexed and creased, it's probably unlikely they can retain the slant to that extent, anyway.

I wish my two pairs had that extra-extreme slant, but they're solid. I think the reality is, once you really start wearing them and the toe boxes start getting flexed and creased, it's probably unlikely they can retain the slant to that extent, anyway.

this sounds like someone that is trying to convince themselves that things will be okay

Good shoe trees go a long way. Toss in another insole and unless you’re wearing these daily for weeks in a row they’ll retain shape very well.

The shoe looks doofy in the leather. Makes it look big and stiff (that's what she said).

I'm not sure why people have to convince themselves something is better just so they can keep spending money. I think we can all agree it's pretty obvious this isn't better than the OG. That's not to say you can't like it, there's tons of crap on the shelves these days. Just turn a logo backwards or make it look pre-worn and people will spend double. It's definitely a devolving marketplace right now.

This remastered line has been very nice to my wallet. There are still a few accurate OG releases I'd like to see them get to though, and it does pain me these are wasting space on the release schedule. We are still missing out on:

Grape V
Fire Red V
Black/Silver V
White/Infrared VI
Sport Blue VI
Black/Red VII
Charcoal IX
Steel X
Columbia X
Sacramento X
Columbia XI (coming - yay)
Taxi XII
Obsidian XII
Black pod XIII low
White/UNC XV
Flint XV
White/Royal XVII
Black/Red XVIII (yes the one from the countdown pack)
Any XXI

I'd also like another (but accurate):
Black/Red I
Black/Royal I
Black toe I
Red toe I
White/cement III
White/cement IV
White/Maroon VI
Olympic VII
Black/Red XII
Black/Red XIV

Also love it when they release old samples like some of the XIII's like the gray toes and black with red pods.

I have to check the tags when I get home…I thought I would be mix and matching with the two pairs but nope one pair was better than the other…so will keep the inferior pair DS for now…

Yeah I think the leather goes a long way for shape. My 2019’s creased across the toebox the first time I wore them and it was over

Got 2 pairs after some assistance. The SNKRS pair has more tumbled leather but the toes don’t match. It’s as if it wasn’t stretched over the last properly. It’s puffy.

IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0081.jpeg

My other pair has way less tumble, dents in the toe, but they have better toes.

IMG_0083.jpeg

I really don’t see how anyone can prefer the look of the nubuck over the leather. And by looks alone, not based on nostalgia or just being a fan of the OG. *Insert Vince Carter, its over.
Yea… I’m honestly a bit torn about what to do with my 2019s. Black Cement IV’s always been a top 2 Jordan for me and always wanted a Nike Air on the back pair so I was hyped when they finally did that then but after these right now, I’m not sure I’m gonna wear my 2019’s much at all if at all. I lowkey kinda wanna get rid of them but the only reason I want to keep them is because they’re the “original”, still feels like a bit of a waste though since i won’t wear them but it feels wrong to get rid of them.

The shoe looks doofy in the leather. Makes it look big and stiff (that's what she said).

I'm not sure why people have to convince themselves something is better just so they can keep spending money. I think we can all agree it's pretty obvious this isn't better than the OG. That's not to say you can't like it, there's tons of crap on the shelves these days. Just turn a logo backwards or make it look pre-worn and people will spend double. It's definitely a devolving marketplace right now.

This remastered line has been very nice to my wallet. There are still a few accurate OG releases I'd like to see them get to though, and it does pain me these are wasting space on the release schedule. We are still missing out on:

Grape V
Fire Red V
Black/Silver V
White/Infrared VI
Sport Blue VI
Black/Red VII
Charcoal IX
Steel X
Columbia X
Sacramento X
Columbia XI (coming - yay)
Taxi XII
Obsidian XII
Black pod XIII low
White/UNC XV
Flint XV
White/Royal XVII
Black/Red XVIII (yes the one from the countdown pack)
Any XXI

I'd also like another (but accurate):
Black/Red I
Black/Royal I
Black toe I
Red toe I
White/cement III
White/cement IV
White/Maroon VI
Olympic VII
Black/Red XII
Black/Red XIV

Also love it when they release old samples like some of the XIII's like the gray toes and black with red pods.
Definitely not better than OG. Definitely better than 2019 though, which differ more from the OGs than these do.

Also, are you referring to the Chicago 1s as “red toe”? First time seeing that as a nickname.

Back
Top Bottom