Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

if releases were “easy” everyone who wanted a pair would get one. So anyone who couldn’t, won’t find it “easy”. I got a shock drop pair. I tried to get a pair on release day and struck out. For me this release was in between easy and difficult, moderately easily tough, if that makes sense.

IMG_2519.jpeg
2019 >>>>>>2024

This is kinda how I see the Military Blues going. Resellers need to pay those bot fees. SMH.

Also, NT needs a solid definition of what an “easy” release is, because there are always 3-4 cats in every thread who scream out “You didn’t put the leg work in. I hit 3 times”

My definition of an easy release has always been the following - if there is a FSR 2 hours after the online release, then that to me is easy. We don’t all live in cities where you can enter 10-15 in-store raffles. SMH
Facts. And honestly I don't even trust the in store raffles for the boutiques, even the stores I generally trust and really rock with. And I get it. If you got a few guys buying all the blah stuff I don't want or a few guys willing to pay above retail on the back door to help you pay for your over head I get it 🤷🏿‍♂️. Sucks but I get it. So I expect these stores to go through the raffle list and seed pairs. Raffles at the major stores is more secure with more pairs but way more competition.

But yeah, easy cop usually means "I was able to hit". A truly easy cop is available hours after release online and/or at least until the end of the day at a physical store. If you gotta line up or enter a million raffles or have a thousand browsers open or rub n tug a leprechaun behind a Denny's, ain't nothin' easy about that.

NGL these were easy if you put enough work into em....not 15-20 raffles deep....but 4-5 plus SNKRS + keeping your eye peeled on this thread and possibly twitter and you would've cooked.
This doesn't sound easy. Easy=low to no effort. If you are manning the boards of multiple SNKRS accounts and a discussion thread that sounds like effort. Not "putting in work" but effort.

Anytime a shoe gets 400-500k pairs made it can’t be that hard. There aren’t 20 million people trying to get a shoe in your size 🤣
For every person that wants the shoe on a release like this there is an equivalent reseller who wants it. even if its 2 to 1, that 1 reseller likely has more time and a better setup with more accounts/bots.

If a sneaker was easy I don't see how it could have after market value. To me, aftermarket value is a direct reflection of if a sneaker was easy to get or not.

I tried on two local boutique websites to hit on the eggplant foams last week. Missed on one and hit (a half size smaller than preferred) on the other. I could say that was easy but I know people that tried harder and missed. No retailer in my local area had pairs when I got off work. And if I had my usual meeting that morning and it wasn't canceled I would likely have missed out.

I’m curious how many raffles you entered. I did 5 raffles, hit one. Hit on SNKRS release day. I didn’t try very hard cause I’m more interested in the MB’s but I thought this was no harder than Cherry 12’s or Playoff 8’s last fall. In fact, those had much lower release day stock than this one.
I walked into multiple stores and saw both of these at local retailers the week after the release. Saw multiple restocks of the Cherry's at a local Nike and Hibbets and other sits had playoff 8s in my size 11 until a few months ago and some sites still have small sizes 8 and below. Not nearly the case with the reimagined 4s.

Yes. The Mrs. Is not a sneaker head at all. And she likes the 2024 better because of the leather and it "looks a little less bulky". 🤷🏿‍♂️
I edited this to say, "...In real life, people *AREN'T examining the shape of the shoes."

When you're out and about, who is really saying, "The slope of that shoe doesn't go up all the way."?

Let's face it, NT are the only ones who really care about that stuff.

90% of the population only cares about how it looks from a design standpoint - Colors, do the materials resemble the OG.

With these leather 4s, yea the shape might be better, but that leather just doesn't do anything for me.

For every person that wants the shoe on a release like this there is an equivalent reseller who wants it. even if its 2 to 1, that 1 reseller likely has more time and a better setup with more accounts/bots.

If a sneaker was easy I don't see how it could have after market value. To me, aftermarket value is a direct reflection of if a sneaker was easy to get or not.

I tried on two local boutique websites to hit on the eggplant foams last week. Missed on one and hit (a half size smaller than preferred) on the other. I could say that was easy but I know people that tried harder and missed. No retailer in my local area had pairs when I got off work. And if I had my usual meeting that morning and it wasn't canceled I would likely have missed out.
I don’t agree with most of that. If you couldn’t get one pair you probably didn’t enter many raffles. And that’s on the individual. Especially knowing any extras would be easy to move.

Resellers definitely got in on this one cause they were desperate to find ANY shoe that is actually profitable but resale value doesn’t equate 1:1 how hard it was to obtain. More a reflection of how much product is left after on sale and who holds it.

Not going to convince me having double the raffle options due to production volume on this one, a shock drop, and on sale made this a particularly hard release.

And if this was a hard release what did you think about 8-12 years of much harder releases on much worse shoes? It’s all relative and this one was relatively easy for the EXACT reason I mentioned. I feel bad for no one missing out on a 550k production run in 2024 😂

I edited this to say, "...In real life, people *AREN'T examining the shape of the shoes."

When you're out and about, who is really saying, "The slope of that shoe doesn't go up all the way."?

Let's face it, NT are the only ones who really care about that stuff.

90% of the population only cares about how it looks from a design standpoint - Colors, do the materials resemble the OG.

With these leather 4s, yea the shape might be better, but that leather just doesn't do anything for me.
I agree 💯 with you. Shape/color/materials matter to regular people...just not the way that matters to us so youre definitely right. It's always funny when I ask my wife why she likes/dislikes certain shoes I have or think of getting.

I walked into multiple stores and saw both of these at local retailers the week after the release. Saw multiple restocks of the Cherry's at a local Nike and Hibbets and other sits had playoff 8s in my size 11 until a few months ago and some sites still have small sizes 8 and below. Not nearly the case with the reimagined 4s.
lol it’s been 2 weeks, but again if they produced 2-3x as many of this shoe it makes sense. Hibbetts = Nike and both shoes restocked there but both were just as hard at on sale. The SNKRS release on playoffs was a joke, there was no stock!

So yeah I’ll go with the one with double the stock available every time. Praying for a restock ain’t it

I don’t agree with most of that. If you couldn’t get one pair you probably didn’t enter many raffles. And that’s on the individual. Especially knowing any extras would be easy to move.

Resellers definitely got in on this one cause they were desperate to find ANY shoe that is actually profitable but resale value doesn’t equate 1:1 how hard it was to obtain. More a reflection of how much product is left after on sale and who holds it.

Not going to convince me having double the raffle options due to production volume on this one, a shock drop, and on sale made this a particularly hard release.

And if this was a hard release what did you think about 8-12 years of much harder releases on much worse shoes? It’s all relative and this one was relatively easy for the EXACT reason I mentioned. I feel bad for no one missing out on a 550k production run in 2024 😂
I guess I'm gauging this by what I understand "easy" to mean and that's where we differ. Would it seem like alot to a non sneaker head. Black cat 4s. Lightning 4s. Thunder 4s. Even the 2019s. I was able to walk into a store and buy them after work or at least a week after in addition to any online hits. Unless these start to trickle into stores like the Orlando Penny 1s I will continue to classify these as at least a medium effort release.

Last edited:
Shape on the '24s is WAY better; not even a question. Are they a replacement for the '19s....nah. If I didn't have my Oreos these would be great to have in addition to the '19s. For those who don't have the '19s, it's not worth getting at today's prices. And for those who only want the recent better shapes in your collection, I can understand not getting, or not wanting to keep the '19s.

These are just diff shoes; one cannot replace the other.

Shape on the '24s is WAY better; not even a question. Are they a replacement for the '19s....nah. If I didn't have my Oreos these would be great to have in addition to the '19s. For those who don't have the '19s, it's not worth getting at today's prices. And for those who only want the recent better shapes in your collection, I can understand not getting, or not wanting to keep the '19s.

These are just diff shoes; one cannot replace the other.
Well said.

Different shoes.

I haven’t entered a raffle in atleast 15 years.

Snkrs or resell.

If I hit on SNKRS, I tend to call it easy.
That's just easy to you. For every person that hit there's several others that didn't. That's just luck of the draw. Now if you log into sneakers an hour after the release or later that day and still hit. That's easy. Apparently I'm the easy police today 😂

That's just easy to you. For every person that hit there's several others that didn't. That's just luck of the draw. Now if you log into sneakers an hour after the release or later that day and still hit. That's easy. Apparently I'm the easy police today 😂
If you enter 20 raffles and don’t hit ONE odds really didn’t work in your favor and you had bad luck on this one but to say these couldn’t be obtained is obscene.

We suffered years of underproduced releases only meant to leave people with L’s to drive the hype. Then they give you one of the largest production runs on any shoe ever and it’s tough? Nah, there’s a spectrum and your take is way off it on this one.

Definitely different perspectives on "easy".

There is normal person with a life outside of sneakers "easy" - wake up the day of release, eat breakfast with your family at 10am, check Nike.com between 11am and noon and buy them online or go to the mall.

Then there is sneakerhead "easy." Create 10 different log ons to sneakers sites, enter 30 raffes, buy 3 bot programs, then wait by the computer refreshing every 5 seconds for the release at 10am. Also, make sure that you do not have any obligations like work or family so you can sit by the computer waiting for the shoes to drop.

Aren’t you on team LN4 tho, the far less superior ones?

Y’all need to just accept that people have opinions on what they like :lol:

That leather just doesn't hit. The suede is what gives the shoe its swag.

In real life when you're walking and moving around, people aren't examining the shape of the shoe lol.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom