Jordan IV RM

Yeah idk why so many people like fusions/take down models when the real thing those shoes are based off of exists but to each their own, I suppose.
It's mostly people who

1. Don't have the connection to the OG models like we do. To them it's a cool shoe 🤷🏿‍♂️. They don't see the bastardization that we tend to see due to little to no familiarity with the source material.

2. Don't have connection to the previous fusion/take downs that have soured our taste towards anything takedown/fusion related

i.e. regular people 😂

No extended sizing smh. If they made these woman’s releases up to a 12.5 W instead of 13 I’d have a lot more sneakers lol

I think I’m going to pick up the black/bone pair though
I am really interested in the cream pair that's a women's exclusive. Have a white party coming up and don't want to be yet another person in a pair of white Adidas or Air Force 1s. I'm an 11 and often have to do a half size up but the reimagined 4s were doable at half size down for me. I went ahead and snagged a women's 12/men's 10.5 🤞🏿.

I tried a 10.5 on in the black and white men's release at a local Footlocker and they actually worked. I know women's sneakers are often a little slimmer so we shall see.

It's mostly people who

1. Don't have the connection to the OG models like we do. To them it's a cool shoe 🤷🏿‍♂️. They don't see the bastardization that we tend to see due to little to no familiarity with the source material.

2. Don't have connection to the previous fusion/take downs that have soured our taste towards anything takedown/fusion related

i.e. regular people 😂
Haha this all makes sense

It’s funny because, if price is an option, I could find much better pairs, even by Nike for the $140-$160 these and other fusions go for.

EDIT: Unfortunate autocorrect typo 😂

Last edited:
Haha this all makes sense

It’s funny because, if price is an option, I could find much bette rabies, even by Nike for the $140-$160 these and other fusions go for.

Most of us aren’t in an either/or situation. When I got the Nigel’s, I didn’t suddenly off the bred reimagineds because I think the RMs have wholesale replaced the retro 4.

Personally I think it’s refreshing and a great time for something new considering JB hasn’t really been doing anything particularly revolutionary or exciting with the regular retro 4 silhouette these days either. I don’t think every pair is going to be a hit or even my cup of tea. Some of the changes in the life style version I’m not a huge fan of either like the obnoxious jumpman branding on the tongue. But in this very moment open to new, especially at a considerably lower price.

They might not be hugely popular now because style has greatly changed but i felt the same way about dub zeros in 2006-2007 and again about the 6 rings in 2009. While those were all true fusions, I think some of y’all let the fact that they are takedowns do most of the heavy lifting for how you feel about them. But if I’m being honest most of your post regarding anything Jordan brand these days are more on the negative side than anything (for some valid reasons) but I think the well is already poisoned for you.

And personally, if JB released regular 4s with some of the materials and colorways that they’ve putting on the RMs instead of rehashing another [insert color] Thunder I’d be buying way more 4s. This black/bone color way on a retro 4 would be an instant cop for me.
IMG_1717.jpeg

Personally I think it’s refreshing and a great time for something new considering JB hasn’t really been doing anything particularly revolutionary or exciting with the regular retro 4 silhouette these days either. I don’t think every pair is going to be a hit or even my cup of tea. Some of the changes in the life style version I’m not a huge fan of either like the obnoxious jumpman branding on the tongue. But in this very moment open to new, especially at a considerably lower price.

They might not be hugely popular now because style has greatly changed but i felt the same way about dub zeros in 2006-2007 and again about the 6 rings in 2009. While those were all true fusions, I think some of y’all let the fact that they are takedowns do most of the heavy lifting for how you feel about them. But if I’m being honest most of your post regarding anything Jordan brand these days are more on the negative side than anything (for some valid reasons) but I think the well is already poisoned for you.
I mean JB is such a big company that releases so much stuff, inevitably there are going to be some awesome releases but also a lot of trash.

Hell, I just spent $225+ on AMM 3s today lol

I digress though, my issue with RMs is that the AJ4 is perfect as it is-there was never a need to try and “reimagine” the entire silhouette.

Maybe Gen Alpha and younger Zoomers don’t really care or have any attachment to the AJ4 model so perhaps these are perfect for them and I’m (along with a lot of other NTers) too old for the target RM market anyways given I remember watching MJ play basketball live lol

I digress though, my issue with RMs is that the AJ4 is perfect as it is-there was never a need to try and “reimagine” the entire silhouette.

I guess that’s where we compartmentalize things differently. You’re viewing them as a Jordan 4 “Lite” or like a Jordan 4 alternative. To not like the design is for sure valid. But like I alluded to in the other post, a lot of people’s opinions of this shoe are largely carried by the fact that it’s in the takedown/fusion category. For me they’re a whole other shoe. They’re cheaper, they’re a low cut silhouette, and the uppers are pretty different to regular 4s. They’re a 4 in name and marketing only for me. Functionally it’s a completely different shoe. Do I think they’re as good as the original 4? Probably not but I own a ton of shoes that I objectively like less than 4s that I enjoy and wear regularly. But I feel the same way about buying ajkos and airships while having a higher affinity for Jordan 1s.

Ultimately anyone can feel anyway they want about a shoe. The whole “these don’t need to exist because the original Jordan 4 is good enough” doesn’t resonate for me because they both bring something different my closet.

These are the actually reimagined 4s 😂. I didn't like them at first. But, in an old school fashion, the marketing, storytelling (even if contrived), and execution seen in hand and on foot, convinced me to give these a try.

Take down models don't equal bad. There's a reason C Class and 3 Series exist. And it won't be everyone's cup of tea but, to insinuate that it's inherently bad is misguided imo. 574 New Balances got me into New Balances and every now and again I go back to that model even though my exposure and taste level has since expanded. I won't clown the model or those that rock it.

TLDR....MAKE FUSIONS GREAT AGAIN

These are the actually reimagined 4s 😂. I didn't like them at first. But, in an old school fashion, the marketing, storytelling (even if contrived), and execution seen in hand and on foot, convinced me to give these a try.

Take down models don't equal bad. There's a reason C Class and 3 Series exist. And it won't be everyone's cup of tea but, to insinuate that it's inherently bad is misguided imo. 574 New Balances got me into New Balances and every now and again I go back to that model even though my exposure and taste level has since expanded. I won't clown the model or those that rock it.

TLDR....MAKE FUSIONS GREAT AGAIN

I might grow out of them the same way I grew out of the spizikes and dubzeros back in the day. But for now, I ain’t mad at them.

Take down models don't equal bad. There's a reason C Class and 3 Series exist. And it won't be everyone's cup of tea but, to insinuate that it's inherently bad is misguided imo.
Lol good example-I would NEVER be caught dead in a C class or 3 series but they are the most popular vehicles those respective manufacturers make for a reason (same with model 3s as well).

Branding sells at the end of the day and JB has built the branch value up with MJ’s on court legacy and Nike/JB’s run of various classic models (especially the OG I-XIV run).

I guess that’s where we compartmentalize things differently. You’re viewing them as a Jordan 4 “Lite” or like a Jordan 4 alternative. To not like the design is for sure valid. But like I alluded to in the other post, a lot of people’s opinions of this shoe are largely carried by the fact that it’s in the takedown/fusion category. For me they’re a whole other shoe. They’re cheaper, they’re a low cut silhouette, and the uppers are pretty different to regular 4s. They’re a 4 in name and marketing only for me. Functionally it’s a completely different shoe. Do I think they’re as good as the original 4? Probably not but I own a ton of shoes that I objectively like less than 4s that I enjoy and wear regularly. But I feel the same way about buying ajkos and airships while having a higher affinity for Jordan 1s.

Ultimately anyone can feel anyway they want about a shoe. The whole “these don’t need to exist because the original Jordan 4 is good enough” doesn’t resonate for me because they both bring something different my closet.
I’m viewing them this way because it’s in the name and they use the exact same tooling as them as well.

I love OG High AJ 1s but, to this point, don’t own/wear any AJ 1 Mids, even though they have AJ 1 in their name and use the same tooling as OG Highs (since 85s have different tooling). Probably similar to how I feel about these and Mids have more in common with AJ 1 OG Highs in their design than these takedown 4s have with AJ 4s.

I do agree with the aforementioned that normal people would see these RM 4s and not care about the design differences though since they likely still see them both the as the same “Jordans” lol

I’m viewing them this way because it’s in the name and they use the exact same tooling as them as well.

I love OG High AJ 1s but, to this point, don’t own/wear any AJ 1 Mids, even though they have AJ 1 in their name and use the same tooling as OG Highs (since 85s have different tooling). Probably similar to how I feel about these and Mids have more in common with AJ 1 OG Highs in their design than these takedown 4s have with AJ 4s.

I do agree with the aforementioned that normal people would see these RM 4s and not care about the design differences though since they likely still see them both the as the same “Jordans” lol

I can understand not wanting/needing Jordan 1 mids if your into the high for a bunch of reasons. Most of them centering around the aj1 high being objectively a better product dispite 1s and mids being virtually identical aesthetically. Strip down the marketing, cultural influence, and the lore you’ve got 2 shoes that occupy the same space.

Even with the same midsole tooling, the RM sets itself a part from the J4 pretty radically even considering the parts they share. But like I said they way we compartmentalize is very different
IMG_1561.jpeg

I can understand not wanting/needing Jordan 1 mids if your into the high for a bunch of reasons. Most of them centering around the aj1 high being objectively a better product dispite 1s and mids being virtually identical aesthetically. Strip down the marketing, cultural influence, and the lore you’ve got 2 shoes that occupy the same space.

Even with the same midsole tooling, the RM sets itself a part from the J4 pretty radically even considering the parts they share. But like I said they way we compartmentalize is very different
IMG_1561.jpeg
All that being said, if these count as the AJ4 low....for me it goes:

1. AJ1 Low (OG or 85)
2. AJ2 Low
3. AJ4 Low/RM
4. AJ11 Low/IE
5. AJ13 Low

All other lows can kick rocks although the 8s were a nice try especially in the brown/pink colorway. And yes, that includes AJ11 Low patents 😂 and I stand on that.
1000008873.gif

All that being said, if these count as the AJ4 low....for me it goes:

1. AJ1 Low (OG or 85)
2. AJ2 Low
3. AJ4 Low/RM
4. AJ11 Low/IE
5. AJ13 Low

All other lows can kick rocks although the 8s were a nice try especially in the brown/pink colorway. And yes, that includes AJ11 Low patents 😂 and I stand on that.
1000008873.gif

hot take, im putting the 13 low over modern non IE 11 lows. might be the over all shape changes, material changes, and the lack of icey blue sole that ive seen over the years but all patent leather 11 lows post early 2000s all look like GS shoes to me regardless of the size lol

2001 snake skins are a work of art
1724335644403.png

hot take, im putting the 13 low over modern non IE 11 lows. might be the over all shape changes, material changes, and the lack of icey blue sole that ive seen over the years but all patent leather 11 lows post early 2000s all look like GS shoes to me regardless of the size lol

2001 snake skins are a work of art
1724335644403.png
If they stopped at the snake skins or at least kept them at that shape/quality and eased up on the releases they would have made my top 5. 01 snake skins were 🔥. And they wore better becUse creasing and scuffs didn't show as much. Typically lows look better than mids or highs of the same sneaker. More streamlined and less room for error so you have to optimize real estate and keep it simple. 11 lows don't look better than mids. There isn't one other than the OG snake skins that I'd prefer over any high, yes even the platinum tints or the electric self laving joints. I'll take those over any low but the OG snakes

Back
Top Bottom