Jordan Luka 2

About time we got some official stuff at news.nike.com for a basketball release!

What to know​

• The Luka 2 is created with nonlinear movements in mind, highlighting Luka Doncic’s crafty game and his talent for creating separation. Doncic continually mentioned “balance” as what he needed in a shoe to keep him locked in.
  • To help create space on the court, designers evolved the combined use of full-length Formula 23 and the IsoPlate — both Jordan-only innovations — that work together with a new medial Cushlon 3.0 wedge foam to help keep the foot in control.
  • A Luka 2 colorway with at least 20 percent recycled material by weight will release each season, each inspired by his home country of Slovenia.

Luka Doncic has a playing style that’s one of a kind: He’s always under control, quick to separate from his defender, and possesses a court vision that allows him to see the play before it happens. The Jordan design team has studied him closely to evolve the second installment of his signature shoe, the Luka 2. Through a highly collaborative process, Jordan Brand designed the Luka 2 to meet the needs of Doncic as well as the needs of the next generation.
The goal of the design process was to study his multidirectional play in hunting down space, maximize those movements, and help create separation through the shoe’s technology. The shoe is created with the step-back in mind, embracing one of the key moves that epitomizes Doncic’s game.
To help Doncic create space on the court, designers evolved the combination of full-length Formula 23 and the IsoPlate — both Jordan-only innovations. These features work together with a medial wedge of Cushlon 3.0 foam to help keep the foot at a proper banking angle, which helps the player efficiently push off their forefoot.
The midsole is comprised of four parts. The Formula 23 foam rests directly underneath the foot, surrounded by a firm foam carrier. A soft foam wedge on the medial side helps the foot sink in slightly so it sits at a proper angle for pushing off the court. Finally, the latest version of the IsoPlate raises the lateral sidewall against the carrier foam to help keep the player on balance during lateral changes of direction.
The Luka 2 releases in the Luk.AI colorway July 5 for select Nike Members globally and July 11 on Jordan.com and at select retailers.

010_fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-dx8733-001-on-body-ldoncic-stmt-top-scanning-cf-re.jpg

011_fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-dx8733-001-on-body-ldoncic-jamsuit-lukavslukai-cf-v2-re.jpg
012_fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-dx8733-001-on-body-ldoncic-stmt-top-stepback-cf-re.jpg

007_luka2-final-fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-nebula-product-superiority-detail-1-2688x1400-sg-dx8733-005.jpg

008_luka2-final-fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-matador-product-superiority-detail-1-2688x1400-sg-dx8733-300.jpg

009_luka2-final-fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-lake-bled-product-superiority-detail-1-2688x1400-sg-dx9013...jpg

006_luka2-final-fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-q54-product-superiority-detail-1-2688x1400-sg-fq1153-100.jpg

005_luka-2-lukai-3.jpg

004_luka-2-lukai-2.jpg

003_luka-2-lukai-4.jpg

About time we got some official stuff at news.nike.com for a basketball release!

What to know​

• The Luka 2 is created with nonlinear movements in mind, highlighting Luka Doncic’s crafty game and his talent for creating separation. Doncic continually mentioned “balance” as what he needed in a shoe to keep him locked in.
  • To help create space on the court, designers evolved the combined use of full-length Formula 23 and the IsoPlate — both Jordan-only innovations — that work together with a new medial Cushlon 3.0 wedge foam to help keep the foot in control.
  • A Luka 2 colorway with at least 20 percent recycled material by weight will release each season, each inspired by his home country of Slovenia.

Luka Doncic has a playing style that’s one of a kind: He’s always under control, quick to separate from his defender, and possesses a court vision that allows him to see the play before it happens. The Jordan design team has studied him closely to evolve the second installment of his signature shoe, the Luka 2. Through a highly collaborative process, Jordan Brand designed the Luka 2 to meet the needs of Doncic as well as the needs of the next generation.
The goal of the design process was to study his multidirectional play in hunting down space, maximize those movements, and help create separation through the shoe’s technology. The shoe is created with the step-back in mind, embracing one of the key moves that epitomizes Doncic’s game.
To help Doncic create space on the court, designers evolved the combination of full-length Formula 23 and the IsoPlate — both Jordan-only innovations. These features work together with a medial wedge of Cushlon 3.0 foam to help keep the foot at a proper banking angle, which helps the player efficiently push off their forefoot.
The midsole is comprised of four parts. The Formula 23 foam rests directly underneath the foot, surrounded by a firm foam carrier. A soft foam wedge on the medial side helps the foot sink in slightly so it sits at a proper angle for pushing off the court. Finally, the latest version of the IsoPlate raises the lateral sidewall against the carrier foam to help keep the player on balance during lateral changes of direction.
The Luka 2 releases in the Luk.AI colorway July 5 for select Nike Members globally and July 11 on Jordan.com and at select retailers.

010_fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-dx8733-001-on-body-ldoncic-stmt-top-scanning-cf-re.jpg

011_fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-dx8733-001-on-body-ldoncic-jamsuit-lukavslukai-cf-v2-re.jpg
012_fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-dx8733-001-on-body-ldoncic-stmt-top-stepback-cf-re.jpg

007_luka2-final-fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-nebula-product-superiority-detail-1-2688x1400-sg-dx8733-005.jpg

008_luka2-final-fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-matador-product-superiority-detail-1-2688x1400-sg-dx8733-300.jpg

009_luka2-final-fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-lake-bled-product-superiority-detail-1-2688x1400-sg-dx9013...jpg

006_luka2-final-fa23-jd-bbrev-luka2-q54-product-superiority-detail-1-2688x1400-sg-fq1153-100.jpg

005_luka-2-lukai-3.jpg

004_luka-2-lukai-2.jpg

003_luka-2-lukai-4.jpg

Okay JB, you got me there! Count me in for these..

Like the look of these and would hope they would upgrade to some sort of Air cushion. Out again with these bottoming out foams only.

Quai 54 pair available on Nike Europe, so therefore it should also be available on Nike Canada too since they share the same stock.

I got access, but not sure if I’m interested…the Luka 1’s did’t quite get the job done for me

Gonna hold off on the BPs for a couple weeks to see if a little discount comes along 🤷

Might have the .40 going too.

I'm surprised nobody cares about these. I mean they have their issues but damn I didn't think they were that bad. I remember there were so many people every time Zion got anything for himself, they were in his thread ****ting on him and wondering why it wasn't Luka getting it. Never saw this coming where Luka's 2nd shoes essentially shock drop, and not one person posted about getting them or being excited for them. Strange days.

Luka is that you? 👀

Lol nah jk man… these aren’t bad but not paying retail for that mediocre Formula 23 cushioning.

:lol:

Luka is probably the guy in the nba I play the least like. His form is weird but he makes his shots, does stepbacks, he's huge, he complains all game. My form is ray allen esque but I'm a terrible jump shooter most days, I've probably done one stepback my entire career (missed a game winner in pickup), and I'm almost never complaining about calls. I know you were joking but I just thought it was funny.

This next week til summer league starts is gonna be long. Then the wait til training camp and while the NFL gets a bunch of press. I don't know why they stuck Luka with some absolutely weird colorways but if this thread is any indication these things are gonna be on disco with the back to school sales at this rate.

Aesthetically these aren’t as streamlined as the first iteration. Clunkier (at least from a visual standpoint) and the much critiqued toe split don’t seem to be endearing fans. Additionally the launch colorway to start this model was rather lackluster. Finally the lack of cushion seems to have all spurned off Luka fans. My take is as a whole this sneaker isn’t going to be as well received as the 1st.

JS”

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody cares about these. I mean they have their issues but damn I didn't think they were that bad. I remember there were so many people every time Zion got anything for himself, they were in his thread ****ting on him and wondering why it wasn't Luka getting it. Never saw this coming where Luka's 2nd shoes essentially shock drop, and not one person posted about getting them or being excited for them. Strange days.

I didn't get access, or I probably would've bought them.

Nike app has this whole "Luk.AI" thing on there where they deconstruct the shoe. It's matrixy. I mean it's not nearly as cool as that but at least they tried something. At the end of it, the "Luk.AI" asks you to post your highlights in the Lukas and tag Luka.

Back
Top Bottom