Jordan Luka 2

Got my pair today, here's my first impressions of them after wearing them three hours:

Nice packacing, Quai54 sticker and double wrapping paper included, second paper with Quai54 printing.

Laces are super long, atleast for sz 12. Probably could have went with my TTS 11.5, but then again no since I usually double sock with occasional Zamst ankle brace usage. Nice padding around the ankle collar. Seems semi-wide foot friendly, lateral side Isoplate digs a bit into my foot but I think that will go away while these are breaking in. Also have flat feet, no problems there.

Cushlon 3.0 under big toe feels significantly softer than rest of the foam midsole. These also feel lot more forgiving in cushion department than Luka 1's. Gonna comment on this later, next time I get to play is on sunday afternoon. Support seems nice, that Isoplate makes for a real nice torsional support and that combined with the uppers keeps your foot really nicely contained on the footbed with A LOT OF torsional support. I'm a chronic ankle sprainer, so to me this seems liie heaven. Haven't had this kind of feeling since Zoom GP Retros.

That camel toe looks way worse in pictures, very minor gap in the toe area that you barely even notice. Extra lace loops in the middle of tongue kinda annoying, but I can understand the purpose of those.

Materials are nothing to write home about, but they seem to do their work with no complaints. Synthetic leather and fuse, reminds me of PG6 uppers. Synthetic leather parts make a weird noise when walking in them or when tightening the laces, but I think that will also go away when these break in more.

Just walking around in them at the house, the traction sticks to every floor surface. Hopefully this is a good sign regarding on-court performance. Comparing these to 1's traction, I think these will perform atleast the same in the traction department.

Like I said before, I'm gonna play in these sunday afternoon and comment on cushion and support then better when I have more hands on experience with these.

If anyone have questions on these, feel free to ask! :smile:

Mine came in, these joints glow! ✨✨
IMG_3426.jpeg

Thanks for the details! How did the weight feel? Clunky at all? Extraordinarily light? Or pretty much just how you'd expect them to feel looking at them 🤔

Definetely heavier than the first ones, someone could describe them as bit clunky. To me that doesn't seem like a big deal, since I'm a big and heavy dude anyways and my playstyle does not rely on explosiveness or shifty moves.

I think they are kinda 1:1 weightwise how they look, around 460 grams for an size 12.

Edit: to compare them, I also got the Tatum 1's this week and they came at 380 grams at size 12.

Got my pair today, here's my first impressions of them after wearing them three hours:

Nice packacing, Quai54 sticker and double wrapping paper included, second paper with Quai54 printing.

Laces are super long, atleast for sz 12. Probably could have went with my TTS 11.5, but then again no since I usually double sock with occasional Zamst ankle brace usage. Nice padding around the ankle collar. Seems semi-wide foot friendly, lateral side Isoplate digs a bit into my foot but I think that will go away while these are breaking in. Also have flat feet, no problems there.

Cushlon 3.0 under big toe feels significantly softer than rest of the foam midsole. These also feel lot more forgiving in cushion department than Luka 1's. Gonna comment on this later, next time I get to play is on sunday afternoon. Support seems nice, that Isoplate makes for a real nice torsional support and that combined with the uppers keeps your foot really nicely contained on the footbed with A LOT OF torsional support. I'm a chronic ankle sprainer, so to me this seems liie heaven. Haven't had this kind of feeling since Zoom GP Retros.

That camel toe looks way worse in pictures, very minor gap in the toe area that you barely even notice. Extra lace loops in the middle of tongue kinda annoying, but I can understand the purpose of those.

Materials are nothing to write home about, but they seem to do their work with no complaints. Synthetic leather and fuse, reminds me of PG6 uppers. Synthetic leather parts make a weird noise when walking in them or when tightening the laces, but I think that will also go away when these break in more.

Just walking around in them at the house, the traction sticks to every floor surface. Hopefully this is a good sign regarding on-court performance. Comparing these to 1's traction, I think these will perform atleast the same in the traction department.

Like I said before, I'm gonna play in these sunday afternoon and comment on cushion and support then better when I have more hands on experience with these.

If anyone have questions on these, feel free to ask! :smile:

Really comprehensive. Thanks!!
Looking forward to your thoughts after hooping in them.
Surprised (in a good way) to hear the cushioning seems better than the 1 as it seemed to the same type of cushioning. Maybe they figured out how to implement formula23 in a better way.

JS”

I get that video is for marketing the brand but they say a lot of crap that doesn’t make sense.

Most notably they make shoes for luka for speed??? His game is slow

They wanna make the best shoe possible yet they put cheap foam in the product over proven tech (zoom)

Luka 2 Luk.AI-8.jpg

Luka 2 Luk.AI-9.jpg

Luka 2 Luk.AI-14.jpg

Luka 2 Luk.AI-15.jpg

Only played in them once for the first time this morning, in comparison. I would say they are a bit bulkier and slightly heavier than the 1st one. But the cushion is def better, or has more of it.

Wouldn't take much to make them heavier OR bulkier than the Luka 1 haha. Those do look REALLY good on foot, though.

Really comprehensive. Thanks!!
Looking forward to your thoughts after hooping in them.
Surprised (in a good way) to hear the cushioning seems better than the 1 as it seemed to the same type of cushioning. Maybe they figured out how to implement formula23 in a better way.

JS”

Sorry, was really tired last night after being away from town all weekend and playing for two hours after coming home. But to my first impressions playing in these, here goes:

Just like junjdm junjdm said, these feel like and bulkier amd more cushioned version of Luka 1's. A lot more padding all over, makes ankle brace using much more comfortable.

That slab of Cushlon 3.0 at the toe feel good, and they incorporated that Formula 23 foam more nicely in these than in 1's.

Support is basically the same as 1, wide base with small outrigger, sturdy heel counter under all those overlays and the Isoplate takes care of all the rest that my wobbly *** feet could ever want.

Traction is definetely on par with 1's, crazy bite even on a semi-dusty floor. Had to wipe some, but I bet these will break in nicely and have a crazy bite. Haven't probably felt this kind of bite in JB shoes after CP3 XI's. Gonna cimment later on the traction when yhwy break in more.

Overall, I am very pleased with these! The Q54 pairs materials just are not my cup of tea, I hate that squeaky synthetic leather sound.

Sorry, was really tired last night after being away from town all weekend and playing for two hours after coming home. But to my first impressions playing in these, here goes:

Just like junjdm junjdm said, these feel like and bulkier amd more cushioned version of Luka 1's. A lot more padding all over, makes ankle brace using much more comfortable.

That slab of Cushlon 3.0 at the toe feel good, and they incorporated that Formula 23 foam more nicely in these than in 1's.

Support is basically the same as 1, wide base with small outrigger, sturdy heel counter under all those overlays and the Isoplate takes care of all the rest that my wobbly *** feet could ever want.

Traction is definetely on par with 1's, crazy bite even on a semi-dusty floor. Had to wipe some, but I bet these will break in nicely and have a crazy bite. Haven't probably felt this kind of bite in JB shoes after CP3 XI's. Gonna cimment later on the traction when yhwy break in more.

Overall, I am very pleased with these! The Q54 pairs materials just are not my cup of tea, I hate that squeaky synthetic leather sound.

Thanks man!! Much appreciated. I may actually give these a whirl if the cushioning is better.

JS”

Disappointed about the cushioning, but expected.. I'll swap the insole with a full length zoom one as I mentioned in the Luka 1 thread. Not in a rush to get these seeing as how the 1's sat and were easily obtainable on a discount.

Back
Top Bottom