Jordan quality vs. Nike quality?

Does anyone else think there is a difference in the level of quality between Jordan brand and Nike?

It sounds weird since they are the same main company, but from my experience the quality on Jordans is pretty hit and miss, while the Nikes I have are a lotmore consistant favoring good quality shoes.

If you also notice a difference, why is there one? Are the production or management that different between the two?

Say there is a family owned coffee shop that has been around for 30 years. The dad let's the son start his own store because he's worked hard and beenvaluable to the business. Son starts off great but gets greedy and starts watering down the coffee to save money....... you see were I'm going withthis?
laugh.gif

Quality is not really that bad as people say.

I just got the new baseball jordan 1's the white/black pair and I must say the quality of the leather is great.

Also the shoe is made in a different sweatshop as the other 1's released this past year.

Originally Posted by Spellunking

but from my experience the quality on Jordans is pretty hit and miss,

^ Suddenly people who bought a some shoes are now EXPERTS in shoe industry QA/QC. Sure....
eyes.gif

What other worthless topics can we bring up??

Originally Posted by fc1114

^ Suddenly people who bought a some shoes are now EXPERTS in shoe industry QA/QC. Sure....
eyes.gif

You got a rod up your butt or somethin'?

Originally Posted by fc1114

Originally Posted by Spellunking

but from my experience the quality on Jordans is pretty hit and miss,

eyes.gif

Sorry to bother you.

You must have misread my question. I did not ask "Could some idiot please post a rude comment?"

I was just seeking to compare my experience with others here.

Jordan quality have declined over the year as every body knows!!

Nike quality has been consistent over the years.

But damn as much as jordans cost! but I really can't complain I still cop on the regular.

I'm addicted!!!

i think the quality of nike/jordans really depends on the shoe... some are just made better than others...

PERFORMANCE QUALITY:

Nike outperforms Mikey everytime.

Today's J's are just for the style cows, resellers, and Ray Allen. Other than that, those of us serious about performace shoes not named Ray Allenlaugh at J's today.

Note: I only buy athletic shoes for athletic purposes, restricting myself solely to Nike. Other than that, its Tevas, Chuck Taylor All-Star lows, andPalladiums all day for me.

Nike's 2k3, 2k4, 2k5, Lebron 2, Zoom BB, and Zoom BB II have hands down beat anything Jordan has put out performance-wise since the OG AJ XIII. Shoot, theT-Mac line beats anything Jordan has put out since the OG XIII, and I don't even like adidas. Ha.

I LOVE MY ZOOM FLIGHT 95 VERY MUCH!
2007 Retro XI I.E. made me angry, and I punished it by sitting on the rack till it turns yellow.

Retro Jordan product is very poorly made - but the other products (Team, Sandals, etc.) are quite well made.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Say there is a family owned coffee shop that has been around for 30 years. The dad let's the son start his own store because he's worked hard and been valuable to the business. Son starts off great but gets greedy and starts watering down the coffee to save money....... you see were I'm going with this?
laugh.gif

Good analogy. Actually, there have been a couple good analogies today. This as well as Dinnezert from the Spizikes post.

I think their the same quality between them. My 5 year old Air Jordan 12's i bought through ebay a little less then a year ago lasted for 1/2 a yearthrough var. basketball. Same with the nike basketball shoes i have played in. Usually, the first thing to start ripping or tearing away is the part where theupper meets the sole.

Originally Posted by clkru

Today's J's are just for the style cows, resellers, and Ray Allen.

True, but they were about styling in the 80's and 90's then, too. After all, people were getting beat-down and murdered over them.

Btw, Ebay and global widespread internet wasn't around back then or else the hype/reselling over Air Jordans would have been even more crazy than it isnow.

I guess everone loved Ray Ray breakin out those st pattys 23s (gold ones) and immediatly slipping falling and hurting his ankle in the first quarter of thegame. Ovcourse that was his second time gaming those shoes and we all know he got robbed of an mvp first time he wore them. (last night he went 1-8 from deepwearing them against philly)

He was always wearing ankle braces before his recent surgery's.

I tend to appriciate shoes from a asthetic(craftsmanship) and performance standpoint and I can credit ray for making me love my first pair of jordans (IX) backat Uconn.

I think the quality of the numbered shoes really dropped with the XVIII. Toe box was large, shoes felt as cheap as ever and did not perform that well. Aroundthat same time they began skimping with the retros as well. the XIII retros came out fine and I thought the slew of XIV's that came were of good quality aswell. I thought most of the VII's were all around very poorly done, I certainly cant stand them oncourt. The recent IV's were bad and the militaryswere quite possibly the worst quality shoe jordan ever made.

the GR V's were better than the IV's but they did not come close to what I would have wanted, however I thought they did a nice job with all the LSV's(grapes ect.) even though the olive and burgundy colors were an interesting choice.

III's were slept on save cool greys which were decent and the VIII's were simply decent as well.

As far as these packs go, I was very disapointed with the X/XIII for that kind of money and that has subsequently led to more than 40 pairs of the IX/XIV packin all sizes still being available on finishline.

XX2's were not impressive at all.

XX3's were satisfactory and I might grab all the colors, forget about the packs, and see what Jordan has to say about Retros next year.

I know I am not the only one who is truly dissapointed in the demise of jordan brand quality. I really didnt come to terms with it until last week when Ireceived my pair of WEARABLE og fire red 4s from 1989 from an awesome ebayer(thanks homie) and just held them in my hands and for a moment it felt like I wasback in middle school...I then compared them to the slew of ds 4's in my posession(mars,lasers,mili's and black cats) and then to ok 99 bred 4'sand I was straight disgusted with Nike for the inferior crap that they have been feeding us and charging top dollar for!!!! Does anyone here think that thisrubbish we have in our closets will stand the test of time as Ogs have and will they be anything rather than dust in 15 years?

Sorry for the long read and hope my punctuation and spelling is satisfactory for the NT grammer squad..I just felt I should vent and it has been a great runJB, thanks for all the wonderful memories over the years. Unfortunatly I wont be coppin anymore of your kix unless its something thats a must have and I willbe beatin what I already have into the ground before they desinagrate. Mabye we should ask ol MEN OF OREGON why the shoes they put out quality is such crap ordoes he only pop up for counterfeit topics?

Back
Top Bottom