Jordan quality vs. Nike quality?

nike makes shoes with a purpose. JB knows they can put out "basketball sneakers" that will never touch the hardwood and still be consumed, so theycreate em like casual shoes. nike makes sneakers built for performance.

Actually, IMO the quality has fallen off all around the board. Don't really mess w/nike anymore either. The leather they use is junk, no more true nubuck,and the paint they use bites. Midsole paint cracking with less than a handful of wears is unnaceptable. I can spend my money more wisely elsewhere.

If you don't like it, boycott them. It's simply strength in numbers, and then they'll listen. Like Queen Latifah said, "U-N-I-T-Y"

digitalO22 wrote:The leather they use is junk, no more true nubuck, and the paint they use bites. Midsole paint cracking with less than a handful of wears is unnaceptable.

Far as i can remember it's a long time since either Nike or Brand Jordan used real Nubuck or Leather. Quality on Air Jordan Retros seems to varya little. It's like they do it deliberately: Let it slide for a few releases, then when they think they may loose us they bring the quality back up forone release.

Jordan's "Everytime we make a shoe that's the best we can do" comment really ticked me off. He doesn't seem to care what he puts hisname to.

All the Nike shoes i've bought in the the last year or so seem decent quality to me. Even the Air Penny 1 Retro. The Air Force 25s seem bomb proof to, butmaybe i've just gotten lucky.
With the Dollar on the weak side it wouldn't be surprising if they're cutting a few corners here and there.

Originally Posted by damnneardeadstock

nike makes shoes with a purpose. JB knows they can put out "basketball sneakers" that will never touch the hardwood and still be consumed, so they create em like casual shoes. nike makes sneakers built for performance.

I agree with this post.
I just can't take any Jordan product seriously anymore.

...Their is glue sticking out of my XIV soles...
smh.gif

As far as the JB company goes....well.... take this for instance, I was just checking out the jumpman23.com site and came upon a picture of the six rings inthe release dates august section. Check out the pic and notice the dirty marks on the white portion of the sole near the front of the sneaker. I mean, when wasthe last time you saw a company advertise a dirty product?!?!?!? This takes the cake! A company obviously does not care what they put out or what people thinkof their company when they're advertising dirty products. This is pathetic.... They are so full of money that they could give two $%$++ about showing us anew sneaker online, that's already scuffed up hahaha.... Wow! JB, you hit a new low... Now I know that there's a high chance all the sneakers I'vepurchased this year and last year, that were already dirty, were probobly scuffed up at the factory, and not at the retailers I purchased them from. JB, havesome respect for yourself as a company.

^"why did you need to do that?" You don't know how many times I just said that out loud to myself.... Anyways, I didn't need to. Happy.

im planning on coppin some zk3's, anyone mind tellin me how they perform??? they feel real light and sturdy so i was wondering

JB can sell regardless. so why put out better quality and sacrifice more profit when they can put out what they do and stack more chips? makes sense if i ranJB. kills me that i'm only another consumer that pays top dollar for less. oh well, these are the facts life. you can live with it, or live without it.

Don't really mess w/nike anymore either. The leather they use is junk, no more true nubuck, and the paint they use bites. Midsole paint cracking with less than a handful of wears is unnaceptable. I can spend my money more wisely elsewhere.
I had posted earlier in this topic and I'd like to chime in that both Nike & JB Retro quality is bad in general. AM90s, AF1s, etc.. are onpar with retro Jordan product. It makes you wonder if Nike actually goes to great lengths to find shoddy manufacturers.

JB has dont well with the II, XII,XIII, XVII and XXIs other than that not so well. Nikes are better quality and last much longer. But collecting jordans is toaddicting.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Say there is a family owned coffee shop that has been around for 30 years. The dad let's the son start his own store because he's worked hard and been valuable to the business. Son starts off great but gets greedy and starts watering down the coffee to save money....... you see were I'm going with this?
laugh.gif

that exactly represents what JB is now...greedy!!

Originally Posted by Jaddict23

Jordan quality have declined over the year as every body knows!!

Nike quality has been consistent over the years.

But damn as much as jordans cost! but I really can't complain I still cop on the regular.

I'm addicted!!!

This is the exact reason why we get the quality we do. They will sell regardless because of people like Jaddict.

If you compare retros made 03 and before, to retros 04 to now, you see and feel the difference. Hell, the foam used for the III IV and V is not as cushionednow as it used to be. This is on top of the fact, especially on the IV's, how stupid the midsole and Air Unit looks now compared to the IV's of 99 and00.

Back
Top Bottom