Jordan Retro 1 '85 Black/Red Feb 14th 2025

Unsubbed, y’all can have it…

1721744881074.gif

sorry, I would pass on these and every other release until that last sentence wasn't factual
I cant even hate on that, you probably right lmaoo, but its nothing crazy to fix I just got some home owner goals and stuff like that these next few years. I just got to be more picky with what I buy these next couple of years.

Really wish the consumer would step up here and let these rot like the retros 1’s that are currently in retail stores and becoming fodder on outlet shelves. Unless something happens, I’ll be doing my part.

I cant even hate on that, you probably right lmaoo, but its nothing crazy to fix I just got some home owner goals and stuff like that these next few years. I just got to be more picky with what I buy these next couple of years.
House >>>> shoes. And once you move into that house and you gotta move all of your shoes, and then start paying for everything associated with a house (new furniture, tools, landscaping, lawnmower, decor, etc), you’re going to hate your shoe collection.

Focus on the big picture here, and start buying your shoes after you’ve moved in after you’ve taken care of all the initial house expenses. Retros will always be available, but the earlier you can get into a house means a bigger return on your investment

House >>>> shoes. And once you move into that house and you gotta move all of your shoes, and then start paying for everything associated with a house (new furniture, tools, landscaping, lawnmower, decor, etc), you’re going to hate your shoe collection.

Focus on the big picture here, and start buying your shoes after you’ve moved in after you’ve taken care of all the initial house expenses. Retros will always be available, but the earlier you can get into a house means a bigger return on your investment
I appreciate that big dawg :emoji_100: I'm definetly getting into that sacrifice mindset right now. Im still gonna say cop or drop on releases though even if I'm not coppin fr lol. My opinion still matters lmao

Makes sense, even it's not financially convenient for many. If I'm Nike I'm raising price to near what these kids will charge after buying the shoes up. So yeah the arrogance of the modern resellers, the OG "sneakerheads" and "enthusiasts" not checking them, and even lauding them in many cases, and Nike (and it's shareholders as someone mentioned) feeling stiffed out of money, is what got us here today. I don't see how anyone is surprised. And honestly this cuts out the small time fledging resellers, which sucks for small time bright-eyed would-be entrepeneurs. I guess. But yeah....this was def coming. I honestly feel like this is later than I expected something like this to happen.

And I'll most likely be in for one pair. Mayyyybe two. But as I age...I'm getting over that "one to rock one to stock" mentality; the fake scarcity is a contributing factor this very price point. So I might just get one pair.

The upside to the price raise is that it squeezes out the resellers.

The downside to it is more people rocking fakes.

ADVERTISEMEN​

Given how badly Nike's stock has tanked as of late, it is counterintuitive to raise the price of retros again, especially to such an egregious amount. Maybe they're trying to gauge the response to these and see if they can get away with the price increase. Or, maybe they're trying to treat these like a holiday 11, raising the price a bit over normal releases and mass producing them to really make bank. Or, lastly and the most likely, these are dumb limited and crazy good quality so if you do get a pair, they're worth it. Who knows?

Last edited:
$250 ???? What kinda special packaging and premium materials justify that price.......we must be getting some apparel or another shoe with it :rofl:

At $250 they def not making a lot 🤦🏼‍♂️.
Yup

Prob top tier leather
$250 ???? What kinda special packaging and premium materials justify that price.......we must be getting some apparel or another shoe with it :rofl:
2011 banned leather would be nice

Never happening tho and would probably look weird on these

Then and only then I’d say it would be worth 250

Y’all can keep that dumb *** SBB leather yall keep talking about when it’s wrinkly thin ball sack leather

If only this wasn’t in my top 5 I’d pass but Nike doesn’t know that this $250 price tag will only make the majority that’s not anti reps to get the reps. Before it was reps over resale and retail over reps, but it will soon be reps over retail. :smh:

If only this wasn’t in my top 5 I’d pass but Nike doesn’t know that this $250 price tag will only make the majority that’s not anti reps to get the reps. Before it was reps over resale and retail over reps, but it will soon be reps over retail. :smh:
Here is what I don’t understand.

For $250, they should manufacture these in the USA.. Literally NONE of the rep manufacturers are doing this so this would totally make these stand out. Instead we are getting the same old manufacturing/quality from Asia but now with an increased $250 price point for some reason.

Yea and outside of maybe OG collectors those are a horrible color way with zero appeal to most

Let’s be honest
lol how are they a “horrible color way with zero appeal” when they are a plain white, decent quality leather shoe with a red outsole and swoosh?

Boring af design? Sure, but it’s not like they’re some hideous design like the Brotherhoods or Lettermans or something lol

Back
Top Bottom