Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

that tongue 
sick.gif

got a feeling in a couple years this will be the shoe that made it to clearance that people regret sleeping in especially with all the crazy and sick customs all u guys are doing

Def a lot of people sleeping

Not sure I follow what you're saying. You want to paint the inside of the perforations black and toebox a different color?

I'd like to. If I don't, the bottom of the pit stays white, trying to finish a pair of breds. Example pic

350x700px-LL-11304852_photo4.jpeg

I'd like to. If I don't, the bottom of the pit stays white, trying to finish a pair of breds. Example pic

350x700px-LL-11304852_photo4.jpeg

Ok I get what you're saying. I mean you could paint the pits of the perforations black before painting the toeboxes red. The pits are barely even noticible imo. Def paint inside the perforations first.

shout out to n00bs on here asking for oops, then changing their mind after i take my time and effort to help them out. this why i don't do things like that for members i don't know. just a word of advice...

life is about relationships and without ur word, u have nothing but burnt bridges, lol good luck in the future tho. :lol:

shout out to n00bs on here asking for oops, then changing their mind after i take my time and effort to help them out. this why i don't do things like that for members i don't know. just a word of advice...

life is about relationships and without ur word, u have nothing but burnt bridges, lol good luck in the future tho.
laugh.gif
I'd ask for the money upfront to cut down on the shenanigans and riff raff 

life is about relationships and without ur word, u have nothing but burnt bridges, lol good luck in the future tho. :lol:

Air em out b. Drop them names and shame em. No tolerance for dudes asking for help and then backing out once youve spent your hard earned money and time on em. Cant stand dudes thay dont keep their word

i ain't eem gon be petty like that, but dudes know who they are and they def. know not to ask me for any help ever in the future. and for the record, i ain't eem mad. it's just the principal that cats always asking for handouts, for free at that, then back out once u take the time to help them.

then they wanna ask u to do extra like send the shoes to a customizer in another state u don't even know so they can save $10 on shipping and totally apathetic to the fact that that could potentially come back to bite me in the future if say the customizer says he never got the shoes.

cmon man, get some integrity about urself tho.

:smh:

Last edited by a moderator:
i ain't eem gon be petty like that, but dudes know who they are and they def. know not to ask me for any help ever in the future. and for the record, i ain't eem mad. it's just the principal that cats always asking for handouts, for free at that, then back out once u take the time to help them.

then they wanna ask u to do extra like send the shoes to a customizer in another state u don't even know so they can save $10 on shipping and totally apathetic to the fact that that could potentially come back to bite me in the future if say the customizer says he never got the shoes.

:smh:

:x

You're dealing with kids. :smh:

mean.gif
Wait so what's happening here? They sent you shoes for customs and didn't pay you after you finished them?

Bought a bottle of varsity red from ebay and it came before what I ordered from angelus even though I bought the varsity a day later. Anyways, this red looks kinda dark. Debating on adding a little bit of regular red that I ordered in the angelus starter kit when I start painting.

edit: Spread it on a piece of paper and I guess it isn't bad.

Last edited:
Bought a bottle of varsity red from ebay and it came before what I ordered from angelus even though I bought the varsity a day later. Anyways, this red looks kinda dark. Debating on adding a little bit of regular red that I ordered in the angelus starter kit when I start painting.

edit: Spread it on a piece of paper and I guess it isn't bad.

It definitely is a little darker. Idk if it's the color or the leather. Doesn't look bad in the pictures, but you can really tell up close. I'm not complaining or anything, just giving a heads up if people are using varsity
View media item 1554026

It definitely is a little darker. Idk if it's the color or the leather. Doesn't look bad in the pictures, but you can really tell up close. I'm not complaining or anything, just giving a heads up if people are using varsity
Hmm. I might do a first coat of varsity to see how it is and if it's too dark for me, I'll add in some regular red. Maybe it is the off color if the laser panels. Did you try repainting it like you said you were going to do?

Hmm. I might do a first coat of varsity to see how it is and if it's too dark for me, I'll add in some regular red. Maybe it is the off color if the laser panels. Did you try repainting it like you said you were going to do?

I might just leave it. Didn't wanna buy another color to mix and the wings are a PITA to do

I added orange to varsity red and it came out pretty close imo. Here are some iphone pix, I'll take better pix tonight

Custom on the left 2013 retros on the right:

http://s240.photobucket.com/user/kv...8-4021-A6BD-D4C5861776F3_zpsqkoqyppy.jpg.html

Same pic but in daylight:

http://s240.photobucket.com/user/kv...8-41E6-8491-658B06EF6624_zpsfgkgevk5.jpg.html

Overall pic (WIP):

http://s240.photobucket.com/user/kv...E-44A9-8703-B0988B6B3D20_zps8gheuwtv.jpg.html
That looks great. Think adding regular red would be good enough? I don't want to buy orange
laugh.gif

life is about relationships and without ur word, u have nothing but burnt bridges, lol good luck in the future tho.
laugh.gif
That sux, if they asked you to help them source some shoes, they should be prepared to pay for them asap. And then they had the audacity to ask you to forward the shoes to another address just to save a few bucks....meh that ain't cool at all.

the shoes look awesome after the acetone and leather preparer was applied and took away the brownish tinge leaving the silver. Suits the shoe much better

Back
Top Bottom