Cop or Drop?

• Cop

Votes: 148 64.1%
  • Drop

Votes: 83 35.9%

• Total voters
Currently
02D53C3B-3236-4D41-A552-2520BFCC113F.jpeg

How does a shoe that isn’t selling well/selling out on this list? Would’ve made more sense to put the Bred FK 1s on there.

Not trying to flame u homie, but this thought process is a huge problem with what’s wrong with sneaker “culture” today. Just because a shoe doesn’t sell out doesn’t mean it’s trash.

I own both regular royals and flyknits, the flyknits (same with breds). The flyknits are a dope iteration of a classic shoe. Royals ones could drop 100X over and I’d always put them as a top ten release for that year, seeing a new take on them (sellout or not) deserves an accolade.

Sneaker awards are bs in general anyways tho.

Last edited:
But it means that there isn’t as much demand for the shoe itself vs other cws that sold out... It’s basic economics, Bred FK 1s should have been on there instead.

I mean to be fair there were a ton of Royals that dropped this year alone, then we got a flyknit pair. There are also way more pairs of royal flyknits than there are breds from my understanding.

It is certainly basic economics in terms of supply and demand but that doesn’t merit whether a shoe is good or not.

White AF1s have had damn near a limitless supply for damn near the last 2 decades. It’s still a classic siloutte and colorway (plus one of the best selling shoes of all time). They will always “appear” to rot on shelves but they are doing very very well.

I mean to be fair there were a ton of Royals that dropped this year alone, then we got a flyknit pair. There are also way more pairs of royal flyknits than there are breds from my understanding.

It is certainly basic economics in terms of supply and demand but that doesn’t merit whether a shoe is good or not.

White AF1s have had damn near a limitless supply for damn near the last 2 decades. It’s still a classic siloutte and colorway (plus one of the best selling shoes of all time). They will always “appear” to rot on shelves but they are doing very very well.

By this logic Adidas Superstars (#1 sneaker sold this past year) should always be on a Top 10 sneakers of the year list. At a certain point, hype for a sneaker combined with limited supply is what makes it an aspirational good because you can’t easily (or cheaply, if you have to pay resale) acquire it. That said, there are limited releases that sit because they have designs that consumers don’t really care too much for, so it’s a definitely a balancing act on the brand’s part as well. Flyknit Royals have 0 hype on them and can easily be found under retail-clearly the demand for them isn’t as much as OG Royals or even the AS 1s that also dropped this year.

Do the Shadows have a confirmed RD yet? I'm itching for another pair but not sure I want to go back for Breds and still torn on the wolf grey.

Go half size down in my opinion. I’m a 9.5 and a 9 is perfect. 9.5 in these is huuuge

Back
Top Bottom