Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Man so here is my whole ordeal with this drop

like a lot of people here i was able to secure a pair on SNKRS pretty much immediately when they dropped there. i copped everything was all well and good....until i got payment notification from paypal. I noticed that the shipping address was wrong. From time to time i get discount codes from nike that i never use. and since theyre useable on nike reserves i usually hook up NTers with the reserve plus discount if its something I'm not interested in and just have nike ship directly out to them. Well before ordering I didnt realize that default address was the last NTer i hooked up, and thats whos address was on my paypal confirmation. Before completely freaking out i hit up the NT homie and gave him a heads up that he may be getting my royals and of course he had no issue sending them to me once they got to him but in the mean time i get nike customer service on the phone to see if theyll change the delivery address on the order. I get a nice dude that assures me 10 times that they can do it no problem and that my order wouldnt be canceled because of it, so he pushes it through but  because i'm always skeptical of everything any customer service rep tells me i call back the following day to see if all was good and that the address was changed and id get my order. Well this customer service rep say that I can only get an address change if the new address is in the same state because UPS would just hold the package at a local UPS center. And since the center would be in a different state it would be returned to sender and i'd be refunded. So of course I tell him to cancel the address change and just let it go to the NT homie as is and id get it shipped to me afterwards. He assures me everything is okay and that the shoes will be delivered like the order originally stated. The next day I get shipping confirmation and i think everything is all good. Well a day after that I look at the tracking info and it says "The sender requested a delivery change for this package. / The package will be returned to the sender." So i call nike immediately and they tell me that the customer service rep never cancelled the address change and they called for the package back. Luckily i was able to talk to a supervisor that escalated my address change and once the warehouse gets the package they will reship it to me and my original address. The shoes are scheduled to be delivered to nike today and after speaking to another supervisor this morning he confirmed that the shoes will be shipped out to me in 1 or 2 days and ill have my shoes early next week. 

tldr; shoes shipped to wrong address, nike customer service reps fumbled on trying to get the address changed, shoes were shipped and then returned to sender, and now theyre reshipping the shoes out to me.

View media item 2402121
Man get like a 50% disco, get your royals

Yea you gotta keep it simple and not expose yourself to a possible returned order.
apparently because its a "high heat item" (their words not mine) theyre authorized to jump through hoops to get you your item. you just have to make sure you follow up each and everyday because a lot of customer service reps will drop the ball.

like a lot of people here i was able to secure a pair on SNKRS pretty much immediately when they dropped there. i copped everything was all well and good....until i got payment notification from paypal. I noticed that the shipping address was wrong. From time to time i get discount codes from nike that i never use. and since theyre useable on nike reserves i usually hook up NTers with the reserve plus discount if its something I'm not interested in and just have nike ship directly out to them. Well before ordering I didnt realize that default address was the last NTer i hooked up, and thats whos address was on my paypal confirmation. Before completely freaking out i hit up the NT homie and gave him a heads up that he may be getting my royals and of course he had no issue sending them to me once they got to him but in the mean time i get nike customer service on the phone to see if theyll change the delivery address on the order. I get a nice dude that assures me 10 times that they can do it no problem and that my order wouldnt be canceled because of it, so he pushes it through but  because i'm always skeptical of everything any customer service rep tells me i call back the following day to see if all was good and that the address was changed and id get my order. Well this customer service rep say that I can only get an address change if the new address is in the same state because UPS would just hold the package at a local UPS center. And since the center would be in a different state it would be returned to sender and i'd be refunded. So of course I tell him to cancel the address change and just let it go to the NT homie as is and id get it shipped to me afterwards. He assures me everything is okay and that the shoes will be delivered like the order originally stated. The next day I get shipping confirmation and i think everything is all good. Well a day after that I look at the tracking info and it says "The sender requested a delivery change for this package. / The package will be returned to the sender." So i call nike immediately and they tell me that the customer service rep never cancelled the address change and they called for the package back. Luckily i was able to talk to a supervisor that escalated my address change and once the warehouse gets the package they will reship it to me and my original address. The shoes are scheduled to be delivered to nike today and after speaking to another supervisor this morning he confirmed that the shoes will be shipped out to me in 1 or 2 days and ill have my shoes early next week. 

tldr; shoes shipped to wrong address, nike customer service reps fumbled on trying to get the address changed, shoes were shipped and then returned to sender, and now theyre reshipping the shoes out to me.

Pretty much me too but it shipped to an old address that I was subleasing. No biggie I thought because the dude staying there isn't into sneakers and he could just forward it to me.

Little did I know he is clueless and sent it 2-3 day air via UPS (not USPS) and that junk cost me $65!!!!!He figured since it was sent UPS it should be forwarded the same way. I only knew when he sent me the receipt with tracking.

i would call back and keep my foot on nikes throat about that. the same thing happened to me with NDC for a pair of olympic foams. due to delivery issues that was the fault of UPS they sent my package back to nike by mistake. i called nike as soon as i got that same UPS status telling me that my package was returning to sender. i spoke to a lady who assured me a million times that once they get the shoes back, they will reship out to me, everything is good blah blah blah. cust service reps will sometimes tell u whatever u wanna hear to get you off the phone.

a few days later, i got a refund email saying my shoes were accepted back and they would process a refund for me. if you let it get to THIS point, its over. i called back and theres nothing they can do since olyms were sold out and they claim they cant get in contact with the warehouse to find my pair that shipped back.

Last edited:
Yea you gotta keep it simple and not expose yourself to a possible returned order.
apparently because its a "high heat item" (their words not mine) theyre authorized to jump through hoops to get you your item. you just have to make sure you follow up each and everyday because a lot of customer service reps will drop the ball.

Yea but because it's a "high heat" item, I would have just let them deliver to the homie and paid the shipping vs going through what you went through. Most of us know not to trust Nike reps to handle special cases.
And time is money. The $10-20 shipping >>>> me calling and holding their hands to do the process.

Yea but because it's a "high heat" item, I would have just let them deliver to the homie and paid the shipping vs going through what you went through. Most of us know not to trust Nike reps to handle special cases.
And time is money. The $10-20 shipping >>>> me calling and holding their hands to do the process.

This.
You should've let it play out. Get the shoes from homie, then call and change your address.

This.
You should've let it play out. Get the shoes from homie, then call and change your address.

He doesn't even need to call and change his address. Just set the proper default address in his profile.

yeah time is money, but by making his friend forward it to him instead of trying to take care of it through the reps, he's pretty much saying his time is more valuable than his friend's

I mean the friend would probably be glad to help, but that's kind of crappy to make someone waste their free time fixing your mistake because you're too lazy to try to handle it yourself

i would call back and keep my foot on nikes throat about that. the same thing happened to me with NDC for a pair of olympic foams. due to delivery issues that was the fault of UPS they sent my package back to nike by mistake. i called nike as soon as i got that same UPS status telling me that my package was returning to sender. i spoke to a lady who assured me a million times that once they get the shoes back, they will reship out to me, everything is good blah blah blah. cust service reps will sometimes tell u whatever u wanna hear to get you off the phone.

a few days later, i got a refund email saying my shoes were accepted back and they would process a refund for me. if you let it get to THIS point, its over. i called back and theres nothing they can do since olyms were sold out and they claim they cant get in contact with the warehouse to find my pair that shipped back.
That was my expirience as well. I was told that it was all good That would ship back out the same day then a refund :frown:

Glad you got it handled, I probably would've just let it go to the NT'er as well especially since yall have a good rapport.. also don't be afraid of the enter key; that thesis was not easy on the eyes lol.

true at the time my only thought was ill see if i can change it. if not id let it go as ordered. wasnt really a saving money thing to me

Glad you got it handled, I probably would've just let it go to the NT'er as well especially since yall have a good rapport.. also don't be afraid of the enter key; that thesis was not easy on the eyes lol.
noted 
laugh.gif

yeah time is money, but by making his friend forward it to him instead of trying to take care of it through the reps, he's pretty much saying his time is more valuable than his friend's

I mean the friend would probably be glad to help, but that's kind of crappy to make someone waste their free time fixing your mistake because you're too lazy to try to handle it yourself

Making him? Dude said he was cool with it so there is no issue there.
I would hope that jdbruhman wouldn't be looking out for dudes that have issues helping out.

Making him? Dude said he was cool with it so there is no issue there.
I would hope that jdbruhman wouldn't be looking out for dudes that have issues helping out.
that was no issue at all, i absolutely could have let it play out with no issues dude was cool with it and the only worry was that he had ordered a pair for himself as well and i def didnt want to see his get cancelled for multiple pair shenanigans but he got his pair no problem. nike just got me into that false sense of security telling me ish could be changed because it hadnt been shipped out and there would be no risk to my order. i know better for next time

either way im going to keep calling to make sure theyre on top of things

Last edited:
Wearing my pair first time today wish i had a phone that take good pics might ask my coworker to take some

Just got my ZK pairs in

100% legit [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

One pair was totally smooth :pimp:

Other mismatched sadly

These def fit a bit more snug than others but I'm not complaining becuz I know they will stretch/give with wear. Love the Jordan 1 silhouette. Glad I was able to secure my pair even tho I wasn't home to pick up raffle win.

Only one of my 3 pairs match and are tumbled like my 16 banneds. One's smooth, which I prefer and is the pair I plan on UNDS'ing 1st . The other has 1 very tumbled and 1 slightly. I feel like as long as shops list the manufacturing differences are not a basis for return and they wont piece together matching sets there shouldnt be all this fretting over it. 

To me they fit the same as the rest of my post '13 1s

BW pair came in tumbled with a slightly smooth inner right foot Swoosh. These are personal #3. I'm all set for the next 15 years. :nthat:

Last edited by a moderator:

WALL OF TEXT

Back
Top Bottom