Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

also, he wasn't even complaining or tripping. he had a legitimate question
Nope, I was not complaining.  Was just curious as to what those "creases" turn out to be with wear.  As you said, they dont appear like a crease, more like pocket of air underneath the leather.  I'm all for lovely creasing, especially on my 13 shadows, horween new balance's etc.  

Nope, I was not complaining.  Was just curious as to what those "creases" turn out to be with wear.  As you said, they dont appear like a crease, more like pocket of air underneath the leather.  I'm all for lovely creasing, especially on my 13 shadows, horween new balance's etc.  

It's not a pocket

Down the line it won't turn into anything of concern. My cyber mondays came creased way worse than that on the inside panel.

I'm sure there's a pic in the thread somewhere because I remember posting it.

It's not gonna affect the shoe since down the line even if it's smooth it's gonna eventually crease with wear and tear

yeah I am thinking they put some type of film over the crappy side panel leather to color/protect it, and somehow air got trapped inside so it's not smooth

to me it's a sign of really low quality leather

It's not a pocket

Down the line it won't turn into anything of concern. My cyber mondays came creased way worse than that on the inside panel.

I'm sure there's a pic in the thread somewhere because I remember posting it.

It's not gonna affect the shoe since down the line even if it's smooth it's gonna eventually crease with wear and tear
it is a pocket though. you can even push it in and deflate it.

it's hard to tell in Rabmo's pic but look at NikeOtaku's above, you can see it better.

Remember when people bought a shoe and were excited about it, because it was cool to them regardless of what anyone else may have thought?

That need to break it down to the point it made them unhappy about spending the money didn't exist except in rare circumstances. Now, those rarities back then, the same guys buy the next one and that attitude continues to grow like a cancer, until all they do is put things under a microscope to find one cell that is abnormal.

I guess that creates more people who see that and feel it's necessary to do the same, almost as to prove a point. It's like watching everyone else to see what their move is gonna be before you make yours.

Don't get me wrong, criticism is great for conversation and gaining knowledge, especially for people who only see small sample sizes. I just think more should appreciate the fact that you bought something you enjoy for yourself first and foremost. Without that, why even buy any shoes?

It's not like JB/Nike have been putting out Louis and Gucci quality materials and then made a switch to Payless materials. Sure the quality was a little better back then, but there was still plenty of glue spots, off threads, scuffs, unstraight labels, height differences, cuts that weren't perfect by any means.

The thing was, if it was bad enough, you didn't buy it. Otherwise it was scooped up with a smile. Maybe that's all I'm trying to say, it's cool to criticize and compare, but be happy with what you have or move on (some people would be more than grateful to trade places).
Thats all valid, but the leather was leather, back in the 80's and 90's, now one issue gets a great leather (Cyber Monday lll's) and almost all the rest get the plastic, crap synthetic leather. I can live with glue stains, smudges and the rest of the imperfections, because that was common in the past, but materials man, materials have to be as close as possible to the original. They dont even care anymore, another example, releasing the Jumpman Pro, not only its a plastic leather, but shamelessly they put a fake colored TPU plates instead of the real carbon fiber, why even bother releasing this kinda of a version, when you know even the few people that love the models will not going to buy it because of that.  

Last edited:
Yes.
But tell me when complaints and returns are related again?
People complain all the time, almost everyday. But folks don't return something almost everyday.
minor complaints are one thing, but youve got people acting as if the quality isnt something weve come to expect from JB and its as bad as the TB3 release where there were alot of returns

"major" quality issues and returns go hand in hand

Last edited:
minor complaints are one thing, but youve got people acting as if the quality isnt something weve come to expect from JB and its as bad as the TB3 release where there were alot of returns

"major" quality issues and returns go hand in hand

The TB release cannot be compared to "quality issues". There was one simple answer, cost. Folks didn't want to choke down that 220 pill, 250 with tax. So they found any little imperfection to return the product. Sure, if they released at 160, there would be little to no complaints and far few returns.

The TB release cannot be compared to "quality issues". There was one simple answer, cost. Folks didn't want to choke down that 220 pill, 250 with tax. So they found any little imperfection to return the product. Sure, if they released at 160, there would be little to no complaints and far few returns.
You're wrong. All of the Air Jordan 1s I own have been purchased thru resell and around the $300 mark so price has nothing to do with it. I have no problem purchasing what I like if I'm not deceived. Now if all the issues had of been disclosed before I purchased then it's my fault if I buy after the fact for twice the price. Like BabyJ stated I need to buy from eBay so I can make sure I get the shoes pictured which is what I will be doing from now on.

You're wrong. All of the Air Jordan 1s I own have been purchased thru resell and around the $300 mark so price has nothing to do with it. I have no problem purchasing what I like if I'm not deceived. Now if all the issues had of been disclosed before I purchased then it's my fault if I buy after the fact for twice the price. Like BabyJ stated I need to buy from eBay so I can make sure I get the shoes pictured which is what I will be doing from now on.

Price has everything to do with it. You have no one to blame but yourself paying resell prices.

Look at Dunk prices. The msrp is low, and diehards "wait" for them to hit the sales racks. Why!? They know, the quality isn't there, nor the craftsmanship. But do they complain when they catch them on the low? No.

I certainly get that. The resell boom greatly affected things.
Point being, if you spend too much on something and don't like it, either return it or buy something more in your price range to where it doesn't make you angry that it isn't flawless. Hell, resell it even, since it's so easy nowadays anyways.

I use to mess with eBay heavy, but have really slowed down since it became frustrating with quality issues, fakes, bad communication with sellers, etc. I didn't need to complain about it to make the change. I did it from within, and just walked it not talked it.
I love that this year has changed more than previous years with plenty of stock everywhere. That way we can finally go in store and check things out before deciding to buy them. Even during times I found something online and was willing to pay resale, I tried to track down a pair somewhere in a store or that someone I knew had in hand, just so I could judge the quality and colors in person first. I also was not thinking I was going to get an exact clone of that specific shoe if I decided to pull the online trigger, just wanted to make sure I didn't get a fugazi.

I honestly understand being critical of how we spend our hard earned money. I do plenty of research before I buy anything, so reading reviews on anything is a must to me. Flaws are everywhere in all industries, not just kicks. It's just sad when the same people leave bad reviews and then do the same for every single product they purchase for the most part. It's like they could care less to learn from the mistakes they make or how certain things affect their mindset. Some people just complain to complain, and that negative attention just frustrates me.
The true blues and those royals I feel like have just put it on another level. I'm just waiting for someone to talk about a thread on their mf'ing shoelace to be off and taking them back because its like JB doesn't even try to get it right. Getting a lemon is one thing, but whining because you want perfection from something that has never been just that, is ignorance. Just my opinion, its all love for the shoes from me.
100% agree.

on my pair they weren't creases though. hadn't even tried it on yet and already the black side panel had these wrinkles in the leather that looked like lines of air bubbles. like the pic from NikeOtaku above, but worse.

those aren't creases as far as I know. it looks like some sort of manufacturing defect, like maybe air gets in between the actual leather and the material used to blacken it? idk much about it to be honest.

to me that's a valid complaint, because it looks crappy already and we don't know if it's going to get even worse when you wear them.

there was a pic about a week ago of a guy's who had huge bubbles in his side panel. don't tell me that wasn't a valid complaint. I'll try to find the pic later or take a pic of my pair if I have time
Won't matter. Dudes blindly defend for no reason even when you can provide evidence.

Thats all valid, but the leather was leather, back in the 80's and 90's, now one issue gets a great leather (Cyber Monday lll's) and almost all the rest get the plastic, crap synthetic leather. I can live with glue stains, smudges and the rest of the imperfections, because that was common in the past, but materials man, materials have to be as close as possible to the original. They dont even care anymore, another example, releasing the Jumpman Pro, not only its a plastic leather, but shamelessly they put a fake colored TPU plates instead of the real carbon fiber, why even bother releasing this kinda of a version, when you know even the few people that love the models will not going to buy it because of that.  

I agree, at the same time we aren't forced to purchase anything. We can always find the old shoes or find others with better materials. The power of the buyers is strong, they just have to be strong enough to quit buying or accept what changes have been made. It would be different if they were labeling it falsely.

TB III had A LOT of issues.

People spent the money and sent them back. You're reasoning for the retail price makes no sense because a lot paid that price but actually returned them because of crappy QC and what not

Sometimes I wonder why Nike is making so much trash nowadays when they could have just focused on quality and craftsmanship while slimming down the line-up. I guess that's greed and more money to be had with pumping out more trash from the 3rd world.

Jordan Brand releases had A LOT of issues.

People spent the money and sent them back. You're reasoning for the retail price makes no sense because a lot paid that price but actually returned them because of crappy QC and what not

Back
Top Bottom