Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

Thought these were called the black toes btw?? Not too sure~
200w.webp

This will probably be the big Back to School shoe Jordan brand has every year . I love this being early August. My 2013’s were beat and not the greatest quality . I need two pairs of these . One month and counting .

Yeah I stil have my 2013 model in really good shape just wondering if there is going to be a big difference between this years and the ones I got

Uh, that's what people used to call them

Hmmm...I know that.

They called them the “panthers” in the east coast nyc. Items not get worked over a nickname just need my size 10 and I’m good.

Y’all can call it “Jesus slippers” I’ll still get mines.

Last edited:
cbt2 is 100% right no OG jays 1 thru 14 had nick names when they released, and first non OG to get nicknames were 2000 Olympic 6 and space jams

They need to fix the shape. These have looked very off since last year

Since 2012 actually lol maybe even 2011. 2010 13s were fine shape wise (IMO).

I still have my OGs which i purchased in October 1997 in my local footlocker store.

Back then, we simply said white/black Air Jordan 13, no nicknames were used.
Period.

Take a look at pages 5-6 for the nickname breakdown. As for back in the day?? We just called them the 'New Jordans' .. we knew the number but never called them by numbers.

"Yo, you seen the new Jordans b?"
"Yeah, you like em?"
"Hell yeah!"
"Nah son, them joints is ugly!"

Later that year after a 3-4 colorways dropped:

"Yo you seen the new Jordans"
"Which ones? The black and red ones?"
"Nah, the ones Devon got"
"Oh the blue and grey ones.. yeah I like those! My moms says I cant get em.. they cost too much so I just got these" *points at air force 1s*

This was life :lol: :lol:

Since 2012 actually lol maybe even 2011. 2010 13s were fine shape wise (IMO).

Take a look at pages 5-6 for the nickname breakdown. As for back in the day?? We just called them the 'New Jordans' .. we knew the number but never called them by numbers.

"Yo, you seen the new Jordans b?"
"Yeah, you like em?"
"Hell yeah!"
"Nah son, them joints is ugly!"

Later that year after a 3-4 colorways dropped:

"Yo you seen the new Jordans"
"Which ones? The black and red ones?"
"Nah, the ones Devon got"
"Oh the blue and grey ones.. yeah I like those! My moms says I cant get em.. they cost too much so I just got these" *points at air force 1s*

This was life :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that were the good old days when MJ was still playing for the Bulls and the retros were not relevant yet. The aj 1, 2 and 3 retros in 1994 were not popular and the aj 1 retros went on sales for only 10 bucks in some foot locker stores in europe.

The Air Jordan 12 white/black-taxi which came out in the eco look Nike box in November 1996 were the first one when rhe label had the numbering "XII" on the box.
Then the 13 white/black-true red which came with the silver/red jordan brand box, only said "Air Jordan", while my black/white-true red (aka ASG or playoffs) had "Air Jordan XIII" on the box.
Since then the numbering has been ongoing for all flagship models, except for 2009 to 2012.

Then the 13 white/black-true red which came with the silver/red jordan brand box, only said "Air Jordan", while my black/white-true red (aka ASG or playoffs) had "Air Jordan XIII" on the box.
Don't mean to be a "Picky Paul", but since we're talking about the old days I figured I would point out that they were more strict and consistent with the color order back then as well, Base/Logo-Accent. So the two Jordan XIII colorways you just listed were actually listed as white/true red-black and black/true red-white, even though they were mostly white and black respectively. As well as the "white and red" colorway being listed white/black-true red-grey (remnant from the sample pair). Base/Logo-Accent

Game time decision. My favorite 13’s have always been flints but HGG’s are so sexy.

Back
Top Bottom