Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

It was common in the OG era where/when I grew up. Nobody could really afford/makes sense of dropping $100+ on OG VI's so they sat. I was 16/17 when the OG XIII He Got Games dropped. My co worker copped a week before they dropped and I remember buying my pair a few weeks later. I got my XIV indiglos in 99 on sale from Nordstroma after I swapped by beat up Timbs. It was not for every release but shoes used to sit.
I miss those days man, the days where if you wanted a shoe.........you can get them literally a month after it is released once you get your money right.

Was born in 87 so I didn't really get shoes like that but can an og head tell me during the actual years they dropped did all the colors drop at once or were they all spread out till the next model came out

Last edited:
retros were sitting not too long ago, at least where Im from.. 2011 cement 3s, bordeaux, varsity red 6s and most retros from that yr were available a while after release

You'd never thought you'd see where a classic colorway and OG Nike Air branding on the shoe would actually be sitting on the shelf like as if it was a normal release........it feels nice, doesn't it?

It's bittersweet bcuz of QA issues (bloody ankles) n price but it seems like JB made us pay a lil more to destroy bot/ATC markets making it an easy cop. Hopefully this continues on future releases but time will tell how it affects the resell trade.

Question... anybody get shipping notification from dtlr of maroon 6 ..them customer service deadbeats still said processing. Its been a few days now. Anybody know please reply to this , thanks!

retros were sitting not too long ago, at least where Im from.. 2011 cement 3s, bordeaux, varsity red 6s and most retros from that yr were available a while after release

That may be true. Most of my experience with J's is from OG/Early retro era. I just re-entered the game a few years ago.

I'm not a historian but I remember the releases being spread out over time. We would get one release and if the next cw/new model dropped and they had the old models left. The old would go on sale. Jordan would debut the new model in the game 1st, have us drooling, drop a commercial then they would drop the shoe. Can't recall a time multiple CW's dropped at once like the XX9 etc...Was usually a Wht/Blk/Red, All Star/ Maybe a Spring/Summer CW, then Playoffs Blk/Red. Not always in that order too.

Yea it's a lil diff 4 sum OG heads they gotta b clean. New style is too b tacky/mismatch n wear pants so tight that I could wear them underneath my old HS football pants. Think they call it SPANDEX.

Cats gotta find somethin other than a maroon tee or hoody to rock with these :lol:

Every fit I've seen has just about been the same :smh:

Step outside the box bros.

Classic case of:

img-thing

anyone else here not planning to wear there maroon 6s till next year?

i like waiting a while before i rock them, also it's my first 6s so not sure how to lace them, anyone has pics of them laced up ?

i have my pair ,, i said post where you see on shelfs for ppl that hasn't got there pair, thanks

its not rocket science man. do we need to hold dudes hands while they take a piss too?

alot of niketalkers need to pick up a phone and search.

if you want them they arent hard to find

alot of guys be lacking social skills these days man

and like guy said above they are online still. you dont even have to leave your house to get a pair.

We're it not for a blessing from the Most High. I would b in d same boat. JB still can put a hurting on your pockets if you let him but to some it's worth it in the long run. Others not so much.

Just received mine today. Although the quality is good, my insole was placed a little to the right of the shoe and I can feel the upward curve of the insole on the bottom of my heel. The left side of the insole doesn't line along with the inner wall of the shoe. The insole is also glued down and I don't want to peel it off to shift it. Going to have to return mine :/

Back
Top Bottom