Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

Knowing turnaround time on video production theres a decent chance that was shot before general release as well, could have been a team early cop. Beyond that, like others have said, he is def not sweating the extra bread on a pair of shoes haha.

if the Maroons worth $400 to me, i would drop that on them if need be but they're not and I was able to cop for retail. #BlessUp

Plus Ross wanted to stunt for the camera. He can´t be like "yo, let me check if these are still on NDC, I got a coupon code..", he has to be the rich player to keep his image up.

If I was a celeb, my convenience to shop would still be online. lol.

I'd think that if you shop at a boutique long enough, the owner would hook you up, regardless. You're a loyal customer.

I still wouldn't pay those ridiculous prices at FC if I was making millions. Maybe for Yeezy 2s...But that's it lol.

.....especially since we've seen so many entertainers and athletes go bankrupt.....from TLC, to Antoine Walker and Warren Sapp.

It's obviously not like Rick would be sitting in front of his computer on release day waiting to get these. But most celebrities have personal assistants who are hired to handle stuff exactly like this. And really well-connected celebs should be able to hit Nike up for free pairs. But maybe that's not an option for Rick because of the Reebok deal he used to have?

But as others have mentioned, I guess there are stunting opportunities to going into a store and overpaying for a sneaker without even thinking twice about it. In fact, he's probably just bolstering his image as a baller, which is a valuable image for a rapper......so I guess it's almost like an investment in his own brand.

If I was a celeb, my convenience to shop would still be online. lol.

I'd think that if you shop at a boutique long enough, the owner would hook you up, regardless. You're a loyal customer.

I still wouldn't pay those ridiculous prices at FC if I was making millions. Maybe for Yeezy 2s...But that's it lol.
I would go to Rif or SS before FC.

If I was a millionaire I would still be cheap af
laugh.gif
an image.
Same!

(Minus my Nissan GT-R purchase
nerd.gif
)

Plus Ross wanted to stunt for the camera. He can´t be like "yo, let me check if these are still on NDC, I got a coupon code..", he has to be the rich player to keep his image up.

Exactly. When these guys are recorded at FC and other spots they're just showing off. It's all about image. People get rich and stay rich by saving and being smart. You could have millions like Scott storch and blow it all away. I saw one with 50 were he did say he wouldn't pay those prices haha. That man is smart with his $$$ no matter what bankruptcy ish you see on tv.

mean.gif

$400 (not like he cares)

Flight Club just robbed this man. Must have been an early release or something. These jaunts is sittin. Really fighting hard not to cop these at $220, but they might win out...

That's nearly a student loan payment to Navient itchbay *****.

joe from complex already cleared it up on twitter and said that episode was shot long before the maroons dropped. so no, he didnt pay $400 for a shoe that was sitting at the time. still a bad move lol.

FC will sell theirs at said price though.
Celebs shop there for convenience and supply. If you KNOW it's in stock @FC, you're paying the grip and saving the store to store trips, you pay the extra $bill or so and keep your time
Personally one of the reasons why I think Flight Club's prices are high because celebrities are know for going there to buy shoes and some people who carry the shoes there set the prices for said shoes.  So you know they're going to charge a high price if they know celebrities are known for shopping there.  Even though some celebrities will not hesitate to pay but some celebrities know the game and know that there are several prices for the same shoe so they could possibly buy the shoe at the cheapest price available.
celebs arent dropping in there everyday. and theyre def not dropping in there often enough to affect how FC prices their kicks. if they priced shoes based solely on that, theyd go bankrupt. FC prices are high because they do mostly consignment. so they have to raise the price to compensate for the % fee they are charging for selling people's kicks. that way, FC makes a profit and the owner of the shoe doesnt get screwed in their profit.

only the person buying the shoes get screwed lol.

Last edited:

joe from complex already cleared it up on twitter and said that episode was shot long before the maroons dropped. so no, he didnt pay $400 for a shoe that was sitting at the time. still a bad move lol.

celebs arent dropping in there everyday. and theyre def not dropping in there often enough to affect how FC prices their kicks. if they priced shoes based solely on that, theyd go bankrupt. FC prices are high because they do mostly consignment. so they have to raise the price to compensate for the % fee they are charging for selling people's kicks. that way, FC makes a profit and the owner of the shoe doesnt get screwed in their profit.

I still dont know why, or how, people don't understand this.

FC isn't a retail boutique. It's a consignment shop.

I would go to Rif or SS before FC.
If you're a seller...RIF is not a good look.

They'll price your shoes way below FC just to move stock and "stick it" to FC.

They're both overly priced at the end of the day.

Same with SS. 

Don't expect to go into these stores at expect MSRP.

I still dont know why, or how, people don't understand this.

FC isn't a retail boutique. It's a consignment shop.

If you're a seller...RIF is not a good look.

They'll price your shoes way below FC just to move stock and "stick it" to FC.

They're both overly priced at the end of the day.

Same with SS. 

Don't expect to go into these stores at expect MSRP.
No my friend, I'm talking about if I was a celebrity I would purchase my shoes at those places before I purchase at FC.

So why are Rif and SS cheaper than FC then, I thought the resellers how carry their shoes to FC set the price they want them to sell at.

Flightclub has been around a long time. A decade actually. The original spot was on Greene st. just off of 8th st. It had nothing to do with attracting celebs. This was a place for sneakerheads to gather, buy & sell kicks you could not get anywhere else. This was before the iPhone, YouTube, FB, IG. Hell FB was still Ivy League/university only at that time. This was the MySpace era. Just because you see some celebs on YT spending money doesn't mean they are the main customer base. It's obviously really blown up since then. Hell in 2010 while I was looking for some older SBs (Heineken, Tiffany) and TB 3s in Frankfurt the guys at FTL and all the other German shops told me I should go to FC (duh) since I'm from NY and they don't have any of the stuff I'm looking for in stock. They were already known worldwide by then.

FC on greene st. was great, such a low key location too next to the print shop. They sold used kicks on consignment. So diff then the FC now

Flightclub has been around a long time. A decade actually. The original spot was on Greene st. just off of 8th st. It had nothing to do with attracting celebs. This was a place for sneakerheads to gather, buy & sell kicks you could not get anywhere else. This was before the iPhone, YouTube, FB, IG. Hell FB was still Ivy League/university only at that time. This was the MySpace era. Just because you see some celebs on YT spending money doesn't mean they are the main customer base. It's obviously really blown up since then. Hell in 2010 while I was looking for some older SBs (Heineken, Tiffany) and TB 3s in Frankfurt the guys at FTL and all the other German shops told me I should go to FC (duh) since I'm from NY and they don't have any of the stuff I'm looking for in stock. They were already known worldwide by then.
Nobody said anything about attracting celebrities though

So why are Rif and SS cheaper than FC then, I thought the resellers how carry their shoes to FC set the price they want them to sell at.
Rif has made it clear that their mission is to be lower than FC

Flight club, to my knowledge, does not buy shoes, but these consignment shops take out equity loans and do "buy outs" to make more money.

They also send employees on camping missions to secure stock to sell at the inflated 15-20% fee but they're seeing all that profit.

They're also a big part of why stock is gone from boutiques ala back door.

I'm biased because I have relationships with FCLA... but they provide the best service for people trying to sell shoes.

Everything is automated...from quote, to inventory, to sales, to payment. RIF...you have to check the site daily to see if the shoe sold and then email them to verify. 
Yeah..it started as Vintage kicks which was an NTer

Last edited:
I sure didnt have em but did anybody here actually cop bc they had the ogs? Seems like nobody really had these

Nobody said anything about attracting celebrities though

I know but some people were citing that as a reason for their prices and talking about all the celeb shopping videos on YT. I have never run into anyone at FC but back in 2000 I did run into MCA (rip) and his wife at Supreme.

Back
Top Bottom