Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

i've had a ds pair of these in 8.5 listed in my local fb group for months now and they still haven't moved (selling for $240, i.e. retail + tax; would've kept them but didn't like how they looked on feet)

should i just take a $20~$40 loss or post them elsewhere?

i've had a ds pair of these in 8.5 listed in my local fb group for months now and they still haven't moved (selling for $240, i.e. retail + tax; would've kept them but didn't like how they looked on feet)

should i just take a $20~$40 loss or post them elsewhere?
Doesn't hurt to try, I think you'll eventually get back what you paid but a lot of patience is the key.

They are kinda drying up on ebay. This color will eventually become lost like the OG...one of my favorites in the obsession collection

im surprised white cment,s these and metallics are having this issue somewhat similarly. These are the best colorways released this year, including bred 12s and 1s. MABYE trueb blues and space jams. Good year for jordans IMO

im surprised white cment,s these and metallics are having this issue somewhat similarly. These are the best colorways released this year, including bred 12s and 1s. MABYE trueb blues and space jams. Good year for jordans IMO

It's because of the price. $220 retail + tax + shipping (for some) can get to $250ish. That is too much for most so they pass them up.

It's because of the price. $220 retail + tax + shipping (for some) can get to $250ish. That is too much for most so they pass them up.
i forgot about tax, im from NJ so no tax for me 
tongue.gif

Is this shoe going to become a rare shoe in the future?...Because,forgive me if I am wrong,isn't this the first time these ever retroed?...I would love to find out that I have a rare pair of Js in my possession...that would be too tight[emoji]128526[/emoji]

This is all too funny lolol. thanks for the laugh this morning. But, these were one of my grails and it was checked off the list on release day. Dope in person. Love em

Is this shoe going to become a rare shoe in the future?...Because,forgive me if I am wrong,isn't this the first time these ever retroed?...I would love to find out that I have a rare pair of Js in my possession...that would be too tight[emoji]128526[/emoji]
Sorry to disappoint you and rude of everyone to clown on you so hard, but these will never be a "rare pair of j's". Yes, it was the first time they retro'd but they sat in store on shelves and in stock online for literally months  before selling out and there are still hella DS pairs sitting on eBay at retail and I've even plenty of pairs lately selling for below retail. In my size I've seen DS pairs going for $175 + free shipping on a shoe that was $220 in 2015. 

if anything their value will probably only continue to depreciate in the near future as resellers realize they won't be profitable and unload them. 

I like the shoe and the colorway and am stoked I own them but no, you're not gonna wake up some day and have people blowing you up offering to trade you Eminem 4's for your GR 2015 maroon 6 retros. 

The Maroon 6's do have a small cult following among Jordan heads and NT folk though, the only way I could forsee their value ever increasing would be if you kept a pair completely DS and managed to resell them to someone years down the road whose pair has become "playground busted" and is just desperate for that CW. And that is assuming that they do not retro again for many years.

Long story short, sorry my friend, but you do not have a "rare pair of Js" in your Maroon 6's, despite how tight that would be. 

Think about it this way though; If you keep a pair on ice for 5 years or so and they do not retro again your pair will certainly be rare in terms of total pairs produced vs those still in circulation. While this probably will not translate to any increased monetary value compared to retail (especially considering inflation) they would still have become more "rare".

Not to mention the various outlets these are popping up at. Outlet gurus who wait for the perfect window for sales and coupon stacking will get these at a pretty deep discount. I'm hoping they hit my local outlets. Another pair for under retail would be appreciated.

Sorry to disappoint you and rude of everyone to clown on you so hard, but these will never be a "rare pair of j's". Yes, it was the first time they retro'd but they sat in store on shelves and in stock online for literally months before selling out and there are still hella DS pairs sitting on eBay at retail and I've even plenty of pairs lately selling for below retail. In my size I've seen DS pairs going for $175 + free shipping on a shoe that was $220 in 2015. 

if anything their value will probably only continue to depreciate in the near future as resellers realize they won't be profitable and unload them. 

I like the shoe and the colorway and am stoked I own them but no, you're not gonna wake up some day and have people blowing you up offering to trade you Eminem 4's for your GR 2015 maroon 6 retros. 

The Maroon 6's do have a small cult following among Jordan heads and NT folk though, the only way I could forsee their value ever increasing would be if you kept a pair completely DS and managed to resell them to someone years down the road whose pair has become "playground busted" and is just desperate for that CW. And that is assuming that they do not retro again for many years.

Long story short, sorry my friend, but you do not have a "rare pair of Js" in your Maroon 6's, despite how tight that would be. 

Think about it this way though; If you keep a pair on ice for 5 years or so and they do not retro again your pair will certainly be rare in terms of total pairs produced vs those still in circulation. While this probably will not translate to any increased monetary value compared to retail (especially considering inflation) they would still have become more "rare".

Thanks for being mature...and actually breaking it down to me I really appreciate it

I haven't been able to wear my pair lately....they are still some if the most comfortable shoes I own. I played basketball in them at the gym for like, four hours straight....I was super happy with the way they preformed....and the still look fresh even with the creases. I really think this might be one of the greatest pair of sneakers I ever owned...see people getting them for way cheaper than what I bought them for...but to tell the truth I am not mad about how much I spent on them....because these shoes are easily one of the GREATEST CLASSIC J'S EVER[emoji]128226[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]
It's about time I cop my size 10 already. I love these but soooo many fakes/b-grades out that I'm afraid to pull the trigger. Anyone know what key things I should look out for?

Edit: Whoops. Thought this was the Infrared thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom