Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

I found my pair deadstock in my closet. I forgot all about them. I got them release date off SNKRS which means no ebates. I really liked them but I'll take my chance on finding them again for cheaper.

Nike did not send me a receipt. Just a generic paper with no info on them. That's like the fourth Jordan I've gotten without a real receipt with the barcode.

It was such a hassle. The shoes were deadstock and I showed them my order confirmation on my phone but then they called Nike customer service and was successful after 15 minutes.

The manager was like I'll give you this one time but Nike's policy is 30 days and you can return unworned after that but he said 60 days.
Why did you need to return?

Is this shoe going to become a rare shoe in the future?...Because,forgive me if I am wrong,isn't this the first time these ever retroed?...I would love to find out that I have a rare pair of Js in my possession...that would be too tight[emoji]128526[/emoji]

Nothing Nike ever mass produced is rare lmao!

The maroons were a nostalgia shoe to me.  I believe they were done well.  They are not rare, but if they don't reissue these again then in time they may gain value.  It took a long time for them to give us this retro.  Id rather have them easy to get with less resell value than the other way around.

it wasnt the pants its the maroon tongue that rubs on the inner white lining and bleeds or rubs on it

they need to remaster every iv v and vi like they are remastering every 1

they probably will soon

they need to remaster every iv v and vi like they are remastering every 1

they probably will soon

Seems to be the trend. They are just rationing them out slowly. Like maybe 2 or 3 pairs a year, and now that they look to be throwing non-OG 3,4,5 and 6 colors into the fray, who knows when will get the actual NA OG's.

Hopefully by the time they do decide to release prices aren't north of $220.

Seems to be the trend. They are just rationing them out slowly. Like maybe 2 or 3 pairs a year, and now that they look to be throwing non-OG 3,4,5 and 6 colors into the fray, who knows when will get the actual NA OG's.

Hopefully by the time they do decide to release prices aren't north of $220.

You know Nike is going to price OG Black IR 6s at $250 min... Really hyped OG cws like that can easily sellout at that price point.

You know Nike is going to price OG Black IR 6s at $250 min... Really hyped OG cws like that can easily sellout at that price point.

And that's what I'm afraid of. Especially when you see certain Foams selling at that price. I'm pretty sure there are certain Jordans that if given the OG treatment could command that price point as well.

And that's what I'm afraid of. Especially when you see certain Foams selling at that price. I'm pretty sure there are certain Jordans that if given the OG treatment could command that price point as well.
And they'll be had at a discount later down the road.

People not even paying $220. Why would they pay $250?

And they'll be had at a discount later down the road.

People not even paying $220. Why would they pay $250?

People would DEFINITELY pay that for Black IR 6s.. Remember the BF 2014 BIR release? Those were a massive GR and people still took Ls.

Black Infrared 6s are like BC 3s, Bred 1s and Bred/Concord/SJ 11s... There are certain cws of specific models that command a significantly higher demand than other cws (including many other OG cws) and people will pay the extra amount for retail.

People would DEFINITELY pay that for Black IR 6s.. Remember the BF 2014 BIR release? Those were a massive GR and people still took Ls.

Black Infrared 6s are like BC 3s, Bred 1s and Bred/Concord/SJ 11s... There are certain cws of specific models that command a significantly higher demand than other cws (including many other OG cws) and people will pay the extra amount for retail.
I don't know. MAYBE. I thought BM5s were gonna be eaten up and they should have been, but people waited.

OG 11s are a different beast. Black/Red 1s sure. But BIR6s? I don't think they're of that category.

Agreed. If the right OG drops they'll definitely move at $220. The most successful OG drop @ $220 has been the WC4. Those sold fairly well and rather quick for $220. I'd say there are maybe at least 3 or 4 other 3,4,5 and 6's that would trump those in the hype department.

them higher prices are definately scaring buyers away

nike would be wise to cool that off for a few years

people werent having the maroon vi and true blues

cement iv and black silver v sold but it was really easy to get multiple pairs

im just glad hypebeast america moved on to adidas

Last edited by a moderator:

Nike is still making bank so they have no reason to back off.

People complain about a all leather OG Air Jordan with Nike AIR on the heel for 220 but pay 220 for a shoe made of 100% yarn. I'm blessed to the point where price doesn't bother me so I pretty much get everything I want but it's idiotic that any of the OG Retros sat because of price when folks pair resale prices when they miss out on other releases.

Maroon 6s are grail status

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't justify the $225 price tag on a pair of shoes. It's not that I can't afford it but if I spend $225-$250 that's another mod/pedal I can add to my guitar rig lol.

Back
Top Bottom