Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

I posted in the sneaker care maintenance thread, and got no reply. Can someone suggest some white laces for these & where to purchse, or a way to clean them, I've tried soaking them it helped a bit, but I think I'd rather replace them unless there is an easy fix but ?.? (length wise and close to the originals as possible) my tongue blead all over my laces, after one wear & in great weather (and turned them into a brickish brown color. Only bleeding I've had on them though. I know laces are pretty easy fix, I've just not bought laces since foot stores sold them in the 90's. I'd over pay if the quality is good. Thanks

I posted in the sneaker care maintenance thread, and got no reply. Can someone suggest some white laces for these & where to purchse, or a way to clean them, I've tried soaking them it helped a bit, but I think I'd rather replace them unless there is an easy fix but ?.? (length wise and close to the originals as possible) my tongue blead all over my laces, after one wear & in great weather (and turned them into a brickish brown color. Only bleeding I've had on them though. I know laces are pretty easy fix, I've just not bought laces since foot stores sold them in the 90's. I'd over pay if the quality is good. Thanks

1 TBSP Baking Soda
1 TBSP OxyClean
1 Cup room temp water

Mix together and dissolve the additives by stirring vigously in a bowl.

In the heavy soiled areas make a paste from the baking soda and rub into the laces. Don’t take from initial baking soda measurement.

Let it all soak a few hours. Rinse and repeat if needed.

Looking to pick these up after all this time but the bleeding I’ve been hearing about is concerning. Do you guys think it has something to do with how they are stored? I feel like if the shoe is stored in warmer temperatures that’s how the bleeding occurs, similar to the glitter appearing on the new mold Jordan 1’s and a few of the older molds like 2013 Shadow’s

Looking to pick these up after all this time but the bleeding I’ve been hearing about is concerning. Do you guys think it has something to do with how they are stored? I feel like if the shoe is stored in warmer temperatures that’s how the bleeding occurs, similar to the glitter appearing on the new mold Jordan 1’s and a few of the older molds like 2013 Shadow’s
lemme pull mine out tomorrow and check them. they are DS. I'll post pix for u to see. maybe the bleeding happens with sweat???? idk. but, I'll let u see mine tomorrow. plus, I love this shoe and it's an excuse to pull them out lol

I also have a Ds pair that have zero bleeding issues. They have always been in the house. Sweat and maybe exposure to sunlight for long periods of time?

Bleeding is a result of production and materials used. I could see it when I first opened the box and wearing them just kinda activated it, Maybe from friction when used. If bleeding is a big concern leave these where you find them.

I bought a pair off of Stock X last year and haven’t had any bleeding issues. They’re under the bed chillin. While bleeding wasn’t an issue, the pair I got from Stock X is terrible. The right shoe has what looks like a pointy toe box and there are glue stains all over the toe box. I’ve purchased a bunch of shoes from Stock X and these are the worst quality pair I’ve ever received and the only ones where I was not happy with Stock X.

I think if you like them get em. I’m not even sure what you mean by bleeding though so maybe describe it clearer.

20180629_081745.jpg
20180629_081720.jpg
20180629_081707.jpg
20180629_081656.jpg
20180629_081647.jpg
20180629_081631.jpg
20180629_081621.jpg
20180629_081603.jpg
20180629_081556.jpg
20180629_081541.jpg

20180629_081534.jpg
20180629_081518.jpg
20180629_081506.jpg

ok. here's a detailed photoshoot lol.
I have, what I would consider, a flawless pair. plus, this has always been a grail shoe to me. I love these and almost got 2 pairs. lemme kno if u want more pix. I dont see bleeding on mine. again, have not worn them yet tho.

Look at bottom of last page as well. many pix

Last edited:
You gotta unlace em because on my pair it's hardly noticeable until i wore them. The bleeding I was referring to, which may different than what was asked about :lol: , comes from the top of the tongue on the inner liner.

You gotta unlace em because on my pair it's hardly noticeable until i wore them. The bleeding I was referring to, which may different than what was asked about :lol: , comes from the top of the tongue on the inner liner.
I pulled the tongue away from the liner in that one pic. and I dont have bleeding. this may change when I start wearing them. idk. been lucky so far. and happy with my pair

I pulled the tongue away from the liner in that one pic. and I dont have bleeding. this may change when I start wearing them. idk. been lucky so far. and happy with my pair
You and me both. I think i wore mine the same month i got em and at least once since. :smokin

The tongue bleeding on mine, didnt start until I started wearing them. They were DS until last year 17' btw. Had I known about the bleeding beforehand, it wouldnt affect my decision to buy this shoe again. I just would have taken different precautions, this was a pretty well done retro in OG colors, that I doubt we see again for a long time. I honestly thought we'd never see them in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom