Jordan Retro 8 "Champ Pack"

Just getting around to taking a group picture. I know the 8's are one of the least favorite models.....but hands down the 8's are the best put together pack of the 3 sets. Individually, the trophy 8's even beat out the cigar 6 as the best model out the set. The detailing is KRAZY! Least inspired set is the 7's. I think they just tried to replicate the idea of the 6's on the 7's and missed badly. Fresh idea and concepts for the 8's. The confetti 8's look bland from afar, but once again, in hand, the detailing is KRAZY! How can people say $250 isn't worth it, yet soend $220 for J's with less inspiration and quality. Honestly, none are even worth $200, but I get it. I have no issue swallowing this pill for $250. Great set JB
Got the 8 set, now to get the 6s and the 7s...

Oh. And no cards in neither. Don't even care really. That cork bottom in the box is a nice touch though! Prob just left over cards from the aqua's and chrome's that they were just throwing in

Why do you all care about receiving a retro card for. Almost every Jordan 8 came with them in 2013 and forget about some 2015 releases. The Air Jordan 8 retro card is one of the most released retro cards.
No one truly "cares" as it doesn't effect the shoes, but it's an interesting talking point that some got them and some didn't. I'm not exactly sure why you're calling out anyone when you're all in the metallic V thread complaining about the E on the heel. What's up Pot, meet Kettle. 

Bouncewear pairs have landed in JFK on the 5th, but must still be in customs. Hopefully they show up soon 

^I care. And it does matter because for many years when they stop giving us the retro cards a lot of the younger guys associated the cards with fakes, which still came with cards while sanctioned pairs had stopped being issued with them years ago.

IMO, we should get cards with every retro. JB is taking back everything else associated with fakes.

Anyone remember GM Jams from back in the day had high patent leather cuts, while sanctioned pairs were almost bald. Now look at 2016 jams. If you had those back in '09-15, they'd be fakes.

I'm all for retro cards, and while you're at it, bring back the face box.

Most dudes don't care about this stuff, because they're too busy trying to have OGs. So now we're getting retros closer to OG form than ever before. That's a good thing. What's bad, is when dudes go overboard (like they do with AJ 1s) and start acting like that IS an OG. Some guys are obsessed with trying to relive an era they weren't even born in

Last edited:
^I care. And it does matter because for many years when they stop giving us the retro cards a lot of the younger guys associated the cards with fakes, which still came with cards while sanctioned pairs had stopped being issued with them years ago.

IMO, we should get cards with every retro. JB is taking back everything else associated with fakes.

Anyone remember GM Jams from back in the day had high patent leather cuts, while sanctioned pairs were almost bald. Now look at 2016 jams. If you had those back in '09-15, they'd be fakes.

Most dudes don't care about this stuff, because they're too busy trying to have OGs. So now we're getting retros closer to OG form than ever before. That's a good thing. What's bad, is when dudes go overboard (like they do with AJ 1s) and start acting like that IS an OG. Some guys are obsessed with trying to relive an era they weren't even born in

The funny thing is, I said the same. I remember the debate with gm and unauthorized pairs. I said, "hell the gm/unauthorized is actually better because they look more like the og's with the higher patent." Of course many people frowned on that statement. Now.....look at what we are getting. I think they just had the molds and ran with it and JB changed it up. Just likenthe concords with the 45. I think those were coming out with the 45 and then JB changed it

I'd much rather them take any sort of cash spent on a box/retro card and give us the continual improvement in materials. I have the set of retro cards, 1-15, plus doubles of them. Not sure why anyone would really need more than one, especially when they're the same retro cards that end at the 17. They literally stay in the box, and have to push them aside when getting the shoe out to wear. Not sure how they could matter in any fashion aside from a little nostalgia. They're not a legit way to legit check anything, if I wanted I could take one of my cards from any of the previous releases and throw it in either of these boxes. 

No one truly "cares" as it doesn't effect the shoes, but it's an interesting talking point that some got them and some didn't. I'm not exactly sure why you're calling out anyone when you're all in the metallic V thread complaining about the E on the heel. What's up Pot, meet Kettle. 

Bouncewear pairs have landed in JFK on the 5th, but must still be in customs. Hopefully they show up soon 
Were we in the same Air Jordan 5 thread because I remember others complaining and I was explaining that it could be a flaw on some pairs. I also showed proof that it wasn't nothing to really worry about.

Well said fellas...Good points made!

So I was able to grab a size 11 on Eastbay this morning

Here tomorrow

These looked clean to me

Which is the preferred color by many on here???

Here tomorrow

These looked clean to me

The trophy is a better design and colorway. But the leather on the confetti is nicer then the suede on the trophy

Here tomorrow

These looked clean to me

Took another loss today...... I'm here in Atlanta... I wish there were something here... or a release.... but an L on that too lol 

Both of em were close but no cigar. The Confetti's should have kept the confetti inside the shoe, and the Trophies should have been leather like the Confetti's. Just my .02 though

Got the blackfettis really easily . Kind of succumbed to hype. Might return if theyre not dope in hand.

I really like the white trophy pair but didn't wanna drop $275 on em with so many other releases. I may grab em in a slower month if they stay around retail.

I really like the white trophy pair but didn't wanna drop $275 on em with so many other releases. I may grab em in a slower month if they stay around retail.
Where do you see them at retail? A friend of mine is looking

If I were to have bought a 10.5 Confetti 8 for a friend through the early purchase link on Nike+ and our communication was poor so they ended up buying it on the draw anyways, what would be the best thing to do with them now? Send back? eBay? Someone on here?

Back
Top Bottom