Jordan Retro Restocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very simple explanation as to why transactions are failing on FNL: Their system can't handle the traffic.

Specifically, the amount of authorizations coming back from the credit card company including any other procedures they have in place once an authorization is received. Let's look at the evidence:

-FNL put in a system to block traffic at the firewall to minimize load on their system
-People have reported getting through on the 2nd, or 3rd try with the same or different card, with all other information remaining the same
-People have reported seeing the authorizations on their CC accounts (as pending transactions)
-People have reported getting the errors with "virgin" accounts. IE, setting up a new name, billing address, CC that has never been used on FNL.

Will using a Gift Card help? Probably, but only *IF* FNL has a process in place to flag accounts (by address, CC#s, winner's circle rewards, email address, etc) and you believe you've been flagged. And if you have, my suggestion is to use completely new information (address, email addy, phone #, etc) you've never used before. However, using a Gift Card WILL NOT HELP YOU if their system is bogged down and they can't handle the load

For those who are curious, here's a high level explanation of how a CC transaction is processed:
-After you've submitted your information, the merchant (in this case FNL) passes your information to their issuing bank for an approval. Your CC number, exp date, security code, zip code, and amount is passed. In some cases the first few characters of your street address is also submitted.The merchant's issuing bank may pass this information directly to the credit card company, or more likely – to an intermediary such as CyberSource.
-When the issuing bank/card receives the information they pass back an authorization back to FNL assuming the # is valid and you have sufficient funds/credit for the amount requested. At this point, the amount is put on hold as a pending charge.
-When the merchant receives the authorization, they book/process the order. Or, they might apply their own set of fraud controls before booking the order.
-Funds are then transferred from your account to the merchant. Most do this after the item ships. This is known as the "capture" and is managed by the merchant's bank.
-If the order isn't processed or is cancelled (the funds are not "captured) the authorization is lifted and is available again for use. The amount of time varies but 10 days is typical...

Sorry for the long message but I thought I'd clear up a lot of misinformation about how CC transactions are processed.

Good luck everyone!
I see we couldnt fine a shorter explanation lol
roll.gif
roll.gif

Appreciate the info makes a lot of sense

it feels good 2 be Tha only person that thinks all 11's are trash besides DMP & columbias

Is Finishline planning yet another surprise restock? All the Jordan's they restocked a few days ago are still on their site. Are they hitting on something or just expect to see a lot of order cancellations so there might be a small amount of pairs coming up periodically? 

just got off the phone with fl. i find out my payment (paypal) was pending for a completed transaction, but never went through. i asked "what is the best method for sending my payment for shoe releases?" even though, i already knew the answer from reading on the forum...however, she basically thought i was asking for a secret to getting kicks...ie. "well the PROS, have some magic ways of getting them. but we are looking into that." i found that interesting. in the end she basically said i had bad luck....thanks for wasting an hour of my life.

Nah, left my laptop on all night with the tab of the link open. Woke up, tried at 7:54am, they were up then. Tried, nothing. Said F it, went to work. Tried the link again, went to pay. Error. Tried again. Error. Gave up. Looked at my phone account alert showed $ on hold. FF to just now, I JUST got off the phone with FNL (tried all day, but couldn't stay on beyond 20 min at a time due to being productive at work), she told me that the transaction didn't go through from this morning. There were actually 2 holds on the account. I ain't mad in the least bit though. I could just smack myself for selling my second pair six years ago. I still have my wearable pair of '01s. No loss for me. I let the newer dudes have this one. Reading this thread throughout the day gave me some new perspective.
Waiting on the shipping confirmation before I feel good about today's Concord cop. My 2k's are still in good shape but yellowed as expected.

I'm about to let the pair I have now sit for a bit cause my 11 pair is still fresh. Any one have any tips to not have the soles yellow?

Houston galleria has a FSR in WC 3 88 and Kobe & KD, just left 30 min ago with 2 guaranteed sz 12 Tix in a WC 3 & Barkley posite

i dont really get dudes blog, looks like he is just taking info from here and other places and posting it all up in his blog
Honestly, I love the dudes blog, alot less cluttered, on point, and easy to find and read....no BS ...I don't have to go through bunch of BS posts on NT to find the information I need.

Houston galleria has a FSR in WC 3 88 and Kobe & KD, just left 30 min ago with 2 guaranteed sz 12 Tix in a WC 3 & Barkley posite
Good info man, just wish I didn't live so far from the galleria 
mean.gif
. I'm not too crazy about these ^^^^ releases except the WC3 anyway.

just went down to house of Hoops in Houston galleria, 1500 pairs of WC 88's, no line, got a ticket for a guaranteed pair sz 12 i pick up sunday and a barkley posite sz 12 ticket, all shoes available in area 72 pack, also kobe christmas and kd, FSR!!!
I was there too.  There was a line for sure.  You ain't gotta lie.

if i copped 3s i think i would call myself a hypebeast lol. im just not into below 5 models as much for some reason i mean they alright but i wouldnt see myself copping (besides black and red/ royal 1s)

Nah, left my laptop on all night with the tab of the link open. Woke up, tried at 7:54am, they were up then. Tried, nothing. Said F it, went to work. Tried the link again, went to pay. Error. Tried again. Error. Gave up. Looked at my phone account alert showed $ on hold. FF to just now, I JUST got off the phone with FNL (tried all day, but couldn't stay on beyond 20 min at a time due to being productive at work), she told me that the transaction didn't go through from this morning. There were actually 2 holds on the account. I ain't mad in the least bit though. I could just smack myself for selling my second pair six years ago. I still have my wearable pair of '01s. No loss for me. I let the newer dudes have this one. Reading this thread throughout the day gave me some new perspective.
Waiting on the shipping confirmation before I feel good about today's Concord cop. My 2k's are still in good shape but yellowed as expected.

Hope you get them

it feels good 2 be Tha only person that thinks all 11's are trash besides DMP & columbias

you have no idea what youre talking about. and is obviously a hype beast. DMP is essentially a "Concord" 11. White uppers with black patent leather, minus the concord accents in the jumpman on tongue and bottom soles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom