Jordan Retro V "Shanghai Shen" (China Exclusive)

no longer the "black laney" and also not releasing in the US

via http://sneakerbardetroit.com/2013/09/air-jordan-5-shanghai/

The Air Jordan 5 "Shanghai" first came to the scene as presented as the “Black Laney” Air Jordan 5. Now that we got the story straight, we take a closer look at the upcoming Asia exclusive model, dubbed Shanghai. This Air Jordan 5 will be part of the Shanghai releases featuring a Black base with Varsity Maize/Royal accents finished with an embedded Chinese “Shen” logo on the sides. Check out the images below and let us know if your upset with the fact that the "Shanghai" Air Jordan 5  will not be releasing to the states?

**crappy pics from the site**

Personally ... good those were 
sick.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif
 anyway 

Last edited:
...What does this even mean? What's a Mandarin character?

Mandarin is ... i guess a dialect of the Chinese language. That might not be the right word for it, but anyway its a diff form of the Chinese language that is spoken in certain areas

...What does this even mean? What's a Mandarin character?

Mandarin is ... i guess a dialect of the Chinese language. That might not be the right word for it, but anyway its a diff form of the Chinese language that is spoken in certain areas

lol. I know what Mandarin is. I was messing because he referred to it as a Mandarin character. AFAIK, as a written language, Mandarin isn't any different from other Chinese dialects.

All I wanna know is this...

Why the EFF do these get the nubuck/durabuck treatment when the black grapes and oreo joints got that bumsauce suede treatment...??!

:smh::x:smh:

If you take away the yellow and replace it with black while maintaining the blue accents it would look much better.

I'm surprised these aren't getting any love.

I kind of like them and I'm not even a fan of the Laney colorway (don't like yellow at all).

I wouldn't go out of my way to get them, but I wouldn't pass on them if they were sitting around.

I'm surprised these aren't getting any love.

I kind of like them and I'm not even a fan of the Laney colorway (don't like yellow at all).

I wouldn't go out of my way to get them, but I wouldn't pass on them if they were sitting around.
I don't think they are getting that much "love" because they are available only overseas.  Also people had high hopes expecting a "black laney", then these came out and they were disappointed. 

I don't think they are getting that much "love" because they are available only overseas.  Also people had high hopes expecting a "black laney", then these came out and they were disappointed. 

Also most people probably won't want to pay $600 plus for this shoe, especially if a variation of this comes to the states.

i honestly don't think they look that bad

i would do away with that symbol on the side tho

I was on the fence at first like the rest of you, and then I saw those high res pics? Wouldn't be mad at having those in my collection. Might have to ebay the situation.

I guess I'm one of the few that likes these. Tbh I think they're better than regular laneys even if they're not "black laneys"

Back
Top Bottom