Jordan Skateshoe Confirmed!!!

So does this mean that PRod is hoppin' onto JB?

Or is Stevie Williams going to headline JBSB.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

That's great news for the people who actually like to skate and Love the Jordan brand. Hopefully this doesn't turn into some SB kind of hype, lol.

Yea heard it about on nsb probably 6 months ago... will wait until pics surface. but not too optimistic cause JB is fairly poor with design,colors, lots of things IMO.

I will probably just stick with Nike SB.

=

whats wrong wit jb makin a skate shoe? theyre a SHOE company... not basketball shoes... SHOES...

and who the hell would jordan get to endorse some damn golf cleats? tiger is the only one people care about and nike has him... and Jordan's golf game aintmarketable... lol

yall just selfish... gentry had a good idea for once... how many different basketball shoes can u make?!

blco02, What are we looking for there, the "Classique"??
Could this be the reason why Ryan Sheckler was wearing JB gear on his show
nerd.gif

This is exactly what I was thinking. JB is getting people ready for what's to come.

I thought I was the only one that was like wth? Because out of no where he was wearing a JB hoody then a JB track jacket. Let's hope they getgood skaters to back em up. Ryan Sheckler's a start and Stevie is big for em. You know P rizzo gona be in there

i can see them rocking some sb jordan I's...they kinda look like dunks..the jb already ruined them

also i can imagine jb making SB versions of all retros too

Originally Posted by TW3EK

whats wrong wit jb makin a skate shoe? theyre a SHOE company... not basketball shoes... SHOES...

and who the hell would jordan get to endorse some damn golf cleats? tiger is the only one people care about and nike has him... and Jordan's golf game aint marketable... lol

yall just selfish... gentry had a good idea for once... how many different basketball shoes can u make?!

Right on the money. Everybody is getting crazy like Jordan is strictly a basketball brand. Get real - Jordan is a BRAND. They make baseball cleats,football cleats, etc .... what the hell is wrong with making skate shoes???

Besides the basketball marketplace is not what it used to be - many, many, many kids want skate shoes and Jordan as a BRAND would be foolish to not investigatetheir opportunity in this market. They have automatic credibility due to NIke SB as well as the fact that many pro skaters have allegiance to Jordans sincethey were kids.

The world is a changing place my friends .. adapt or be left behind.

Originally Posted by mjpit23

Originally Posted by TW3EK

and who the hell would jordan get to endorse some damn golf cleats? tiger is the only one people care about and nike has him... and Jordan's golf game aint marketable... lol

Right on the money. Everybody is getting crazy like Jordan is strictly a basketball brand. Get real - Jordan is a BRAND. They make baseball cleats, football cleats, etc .... what the hell is wrong with making skate shoes???

Besides the basketball marketplace is not what it used to be - many, many, many kids want skate shoes and Jordan as a BRAND would be foolish to not investigate their opportunity in this market. They have automatic credibility due to NIke SB as well as the fact that many pro skaters have allegiance to Jordans since they were kids.

The world is a changing place my friends .. adapt or be left behind.
nerd.gif
right on the nail

Man Im hoping he wasnt talking about the "Fly Highs'
Those have an erie resemblence to what many thought to be the JB SB for the longest.
They also have the 3 influence and 'flat sole' that Gentry was mentioning.
They look like awful skate shoes.
However, Nike SB has been doing a good job.
The Dunk, The Blazer, and The Zoom Tre, are all great skate shoes.
If they follow Nike SBs lead they could be great shoes,
but they would also need to put together an elite team if they want to be sucessful in skateboarding.

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

blco02, What are we looking for there, the "Classique"??

Could this be the reason why Ryan Sheckler was wearing JB gear on his show
nerd.gif

This is exactly what I was thinking. JB is getting people ready for what's to come.
Yeah I saw that episode to, I couldn't see sheckler leaving etnies though he's been with them foe ever. In must be putting up soo much money tosign over I'm really curious to see if any thing comes of this

I don't think this has much to do at all with the whole SB craze. When I first started skating...way back in the day, we all wore J 1's it was theofficial shoe to skate in, most of the illest skaters at the time were rocking the 1's. It was like you were in the know, or on another level with thoseon. All the herbs with no style were rocking some faulty gimmicky !#!. I've been hearing this for literally at least three years and I'm kinda psychedit's gonna become a reality. Then again I rode skateboards professionally for many years, so I guess I'm biased. But I can def see some people thinkingthis is rock bottom. But, it'll be ill I think. Hopefully A LOT different than any SB trends. And Jordan, and every baller I know especially in the biggercities have a lot of love and respect for skateboarding and most public courts I know of, name a city...have ballers and skateboarders on the same court, withobstacles, benches, smooth ground, etc...so many lines have been filmed in the middle of court, while a game is on. This isn't some PE stuff or movie starsin the front row game this is stuff always happening and rarely seen...But, one issue I have is, if they put Ryan Sheckler on the team, then I quit...kid is socorny...hair gel and bathing suits getting Jordan's to skate around your ridiculously expensive beach community...doesn't fit, that would be the rockbottom for both. But Stevie is a perfect fit. He represents what I think they are trying to accomplish perfectly, and Prod is legit too, not to mention aridiculous income I'm sure. But, hopefully Stevie will be in control and design shoes and team...too bad LO71 isn't on board It's probably hisbrainchild. I think It'll be really ill or completly horrible ryan sheckler are you serious...put him on Vision Street Wear...

Yea, tons of people skated in Air Jordan I's, so I don't see what the big deal is.

This is horrible news...I bet they will release a Retro Jordans in SB form in all the colorways we want...I.E. Retro 4 SB White/Cement, Retro 3 SB Blk/Cement...and so on...that would be bad! And not in a good way....JB is about to make a lot of money off of this though.

Here's my problem...SB has for years offered full or heel and/or forefoot Zoom Air (E-Cue/URL/Dunk/etc) along w/ plush inner quilted liners and amazingmidfoot support and upper materials in shoes like the Tre and Prods for $90. There's no way I see JB putting enough value in these shoes for seriousskaters to give them a sincere look. Skaters DESTROY their shoes in a month, and you won't find a kid in the nation willing to spend $100 on a Jordan skateshoe that only offers minimal tech when they can get a trusty Half Cab for half the price.

If JB Skate is going to be premium priced relative to other Skate shoes and not out-do the current Tre AD (which is an AMAZING shoe) then I can see this linequickly becoming a fashion stopover for trend followers based off the fact that Skate is popular now (well...they're about 2years late...) If they take this seriously and innovate in the sport...I don't mind it...but I'd say they're ill-fated to quickly becoming more ofa reach for some lifestyle market share.

Back
Top Bottom