Jordan Team '08 Review

36083104_z.jpg

Longtime sneakerhead and lurker. I don't buy kicks much anymore, but just picked these up from Footaction for 79.99. Didn't have the shoe I wanted(Jeter trainers), so they offered these at a reduced price.
pimp.gif

Btw, I LOVE the new layout. Very easy, very cool.
eek.gif

Anyway, let's do this:

Tech: Carbon Fiber; dual-stacked Zoom Air in the heel; zoom air in the forefoot; Phylon insole.

Style: Very clean cut, nothing over-fancy or new, just what you'd expect from a Jordan...

Fit: They have a foam ankle lining which reminded me of the And 1 Chosens. Very nice. It's like a syntheticstretchy leather and it makes for great fit. There's a tiny bit of front/back movement, but it's nothing you'd fret over.

Comfort: You can feel the double zoom air in the back, and overall it's a pretty plush ride. Not quite likeT-Macs or Lebrons (this is a guard shoe), but it's still very comfortable. I do worry about the durability of the zoom and insole though. Also,beware the shoe has a slight ridge toward the middle of the shoe. It's designed to maintain foot curve like a runner's shoe. Takes a fewdays to get used to.

Support: Solid ankle support. Nothing else to write here, just a well made shoe.

Traction: You guys will kill me for this, but I haven't gotten the chance to ball on an indoor court yet.
embarassed.gif
Only treadmill, concrete, etc. That said, it runs the typicalgammet of Nike tread, V-line traction pattern, so I'd expect it to be solid. I'll try and update this in the near future...

Breathability: Only complaint here. Not a very breathable shoe.

Weight: Very lightweight. Not "Jet Flights" weight, but very nice still. I couldn't find aweight listing, but trust me, it's good.

Price: Listed at $118.00 Can find for cheaper though online.

OVERALL: 8.5/10 If they were more breathable, and at a cheaper price,I'd recommend them right away. But they're probably not worth spending the dough on for a serious baller right now. Plus they just came out with anupdated version of them (Elite II's), which seem more breathable, and I do have slight concern over their durability, especially outdoors. That said,solid shoe overall, not in my top 5 favorites, but definitely in top 10.

Originally Posted by ldea

i dont think these retros have real carbon fiber.
i asked the manager who was helping us if they did, and he said yes.

you can tell, on the bottom they show the plate...in fact you can actually feel the plate beneath your feet.

^ umm, never trust a person trying to sell you a shoe at a store like footlocker - they will say yes just to sell it -

I dont know, but when I saw these at footlocker, the carbon fiber looked like a sticker to me.

Back
Top Bottom