Jordan V Burgundy - August 29, 2023

I knew something was off about these. The midsole needs to be a darker shade of burgundy and the suede needs to be slightly darker too. They still look good but the lack of contrast between the shades of the midsole and suede is pretty apparent compared to the 2006 release though.
Screenshot_20230513_150421_eBay.jpg

[Not my photo]

I knew something was off about these. The midsole needs to be a darker shade of burgundy and the suede needs to be slightly darker too. They still look good but the lack of contrast between the shades of the midsole and suede is pretty apparent compared to the 2006 release though.
Screenshot_20230513_150421_eBay.jpg

[Not my photo]
They look darker on the new release too imo. When compared to this pic I think that the burgundy is lighter all around on the newer pair where it looks darker and richer on the pair you posted.

Is it just the images at times, or the lighting? Maybe it could happen in real life depending on the lighting, but I think I'll be fine with any minor variations. Maybe.

FvYp81hWcAIDrIt

FyV_pkRX0AEgcY6

I did some color-picking online and in paint, and the color variation if you choose the picture with the left backside heel visible with the toe of the right visible, was actually reversed (toebox was lighter than the heel).

Honestly the $225 price sucks more than any minor color variation. But I did have some shoes I got off NDC that looked to be all one (near monochromatic) color online, and then irl it was two different colors. Didn't look bad but it threw off the monochromatic look I was wanting, so I returned them to Nike.

Also, fakes vs non? Who knows. Looks pretty noticeable material/colorwise here

1686489562371.png

So is it lighting? Differences in material like the toebox has more protection on it for wear and is a different compound? Is it outside lighting? Fakes? B Grades? Guess we'll see. $240 ish after taxes sucks.

They're different materials that reflect light differently. So the burgundy rubber looks different than the burgundy midsole paint
I hadn't considered that. I forgot the midsole on 5s isn't one solid piece. The outsole, which the toe is connected to, is rubber while the actual painted midsole portion is the usual polyurethane foam or whatever. So it makes sense they'd look a bit different depending on lighting but still, hopefully it doesn't stand out too much in hand. Having a two tone midsole would be kinda wack.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom