Jordan V Burgundy - August 29, 2023

would be the most expensive retail pair I’ve bought this year and it’s the opposite of premium.

I get people wanting to own them and I was on the fence since they do match my alma mater’s color palate. But this one offends me. It’s blatantly cheap and in the pics I saw a few days ago you could see the cheap nubuck scuffs that never really come out. This ain’t it.
I saw or read (can’t recall now) that the 23s use genuine nubuck while the 06s used synthetic nubuck. I’m not sure if that is good or bad.

I kinda feel bad for you cats who copped OGs. Y'all can't enjoy anything lol. Hope these go on sale. They look fire from all the vids I seen. I don't think these pics are capturing accurate depictions of the colors. Same thing happened with those dark concord 12s that dropped a couple years ago. Pics had em looking dingy and muted but they look completely different in hand.

would be the most expensive retail pair I’ve bought this year and it’s the opposite of premium.

I get people wanting to own them and I was on the fence since they do match my alma mater’s color palate. But this one offends me. It’s blatantly cheap and in the pics I saw a few days ago you could see the cheap nubuck scuffs that never really come out. This ain’t it.

Right. I can't justify $225+ tax for these. Especially when some others I want are dropping roughly a month later when the white red 12s drop.

I think I'm more disappointed because I really really really want to bring the Olive 5s back into my collection, but looking at how they did these, I'm sure they will butcher the olive 5s and not use the oil suede

I just hope that when JB brings out the black/Unc they don’t give us ashy material!

Give us durabuck

97059160-AC9A-41BB-B3B4-1B2DEF824AAE.jpeg

Last edited:
Feels like this gonna be one of those releases that sell out in some sizes... but hit disco in others.

I'm a size 13, I don't see this sitting much longer after a good 25% off for me at least.

So I'll hold on for 170.

Hopefully these sit for a bit considering the Palomino 1's come out the same week and make people picky and choosy on which pair to get.
I feel like we’ve entered a new market this year where there’s too many releases in too many numbers for anything to gain much resale traction in the short run.

There’s probably an opportunity as a collector to wait out 2’s, 5’s, 7’s, even pick up some 1’s cheap and watch them jump up in value. 4’s are hot right now but I think a shift in mindset only helps availability overall. There’s no reason to feel like you missed out on any GR right now, they’ll be waiting for you

I'm surprised people are saying the quality is bad, they look nice in pics. I guess looks can be deceiving until you actually have them in hand.
It’s a noticeably different material than the first pair. What’s surprising when they cheaped out with some wonky nubuck that scuffs and looks terrible right out of the gate? The soft dyed suede and rich color was the compelling offering on this colorway and they dulled it down to their cheapest nubuck and had the audacity to slap a premium $225 price tag on it. F this release. They did everyone dirty and still got people defending it when the pics don’t lie!

It’s a noticeably different material than the first pair. What’s surprising when they cheaped out with some wonky nubuck that scuffs and looks terrible right out of the gate? The soft dyed suede and rich color was the compelling offering on this colorway and they dulled it down to their cheapest nubuck and had the audacity to slap a premium $225 price tag on it. F this release. They did everyone dirty and still got people defending it when the pics don’t lie!
I guess this is a pair I'm gonna have to see in person if they happen to sit so I can feel this nubuck quality you mentioned.

Ironically the weartesters did a review and said the material is better than the 06 pair so I guess we’ll have to wait and see

Ironically the weartesters did a review and said the material is better than the 06 pair so I guess we’ll have to wait and see
If the goal is long term wears, of course nubuck will hold up longer than suede, especially in the elements. But that doesn’t mean the color isn’t dull or that the nubuck doesn’t scuff or that it’s not a premium material they’re charging a premium to buy.

Not a fan of the shoe but the AJ V ‘Craft’ with seemingly better quality (still synthetic) materials retailed for $210. So when I see a GR get bumped up to $225 and the material is noticeably cheaper than the original retro, it feels like they’re using a release like this to see how much they can sell at the $225 price point while maybe knocking another dollar off their costs per unit. $225 GR prices with this quality is not what anyone should be welcoming. $275 LE’s coming in right behind.

People will buy but this release is not for me and I think it’d serve the custies best in the long run if these sat until they’re purchased at $175 or lower.

Back
Top Bottom