Jordan V Laney 2013-Modern Notoriety "Confirmed"

i like the little changes I see on the 2013 version. no pack nonsense = definite cop 

Normal this would a no doubt cop for me :smokin but i didn''t like how the 2013 FR 5's looked so idk

Last edited:
Normal this would a no doubt cop for me :smokin but i didn''t like how the 2013 FR 5's looked so idk
What's not to like?

I don't know how familiar you are with... well any pair of Jordan V's prior to this year's releases, but the shape has become rather strange, and the Playoff release from January literally felt like a steel-toe work boot with a plastic upper in terms of construction. Jordan Brand hasn't exactly been spoiling us with the quality of the V's so far this year so I can completely understand his concern. I feel the exact way. I love this colorway, but I'm apprehensive.

I don't know how familiar you are with... well any pair of Jordan V's prior to this year's releases, but the shape has become rather strange, and the Playoff release from January literally felt like a steel-toe work boot with a plastic upper in terms of construction. Jordan Brand hasn't exactly been spoiling us with the quality of the V's so far this year so I can completely understand his concern. I feel the exact way. I love this colorway, but I'm apprehensive.
I understand where you're coming from. I was just curious. I've heard a lot of dislikes but not too many explanations. Your point is very valid. More for me though :smokin

Last edited:
any of you guys know if it will be released in GS? or toddler?

they will be at least available in GS, toddlers im not sure. if they are a QS probably not toddlers, then again i dont know. stores around my way dont get QS jays in PS or TD so i would assume they dont make full size runs in most QS jordans but i may be wrong....

Hopefully this doesn't get the "QS" label near the RD, last thing I would want is for these to be limited. Just hoping there's enough to go around.

A mod on sole collector said these will be $175, anyone know anything about that?

When the shoe was first rumored to release this year, this was the price the rumors came out using. I actually am not sure what the price will be, but I won't be the least bit surprised if they end up being $175. You can go back to when this thread started and the $175 price tag is brought up.

Shoes aren't hit with the QS label. These won't be a QS because it isn't just a label, a quick strike is named so for a specific reason. These were listed in the 2013 buyers catalog and retailers signed contracts for these at the end of 2012. That doesn't mean they will have a fire red production run tho, because they won't.

Last edited:
When the shoe was first rumored to release this year, this was the price the rumors came out using. I actually am not sure what the price will be, but I won't be the least bit surprised if they end up being $175. You can go back to when this thread started and the $175 price tag is brought up.

Shoes aren't hit with the QS label. These won't be a QS because it isn't just a label, a quick strike is named so for a specific reason. These were listed in the 2013 buyers catalog and retailers signed contracts for these at the end of 2012. That doesn't mean they will have a fire red production run tho, because they won't.

thats what i was thinking.... if they have a release date confirmation as of now then they couldnt be a QS, like you said. having a confirmed release day basically defeats the whole meaning behind a quickstrike so i would have to say these will be available all the way down. i dont actually participate in the ordering in my store but my buddy does and he said there will be several "laney" jordans releasing... these though, are fireee! :smokin it would be sickening if they put a $175 tag on these.........

Last edited:
if the quality is a step up from the other leather Vs we've gotten so far i dont have as much of a problem with the price raise. all the Vs so far with leather has been pretty subpar 

Laney V's are a definite cop for me. I don't want to spend the $175, but I don't have them from 2000, so these are a must.

Back
Top Bottom