Jordan vs Kobe game winners Vol. Complete list of GW Both have 25.

I gotta say, I have never got this MJ, Kobe comparison.

I'm at a loss, other than playing the same position, what has Kobe done as an individual to put him self ever at any point in his career as bing on the same level as Jordan,I'm not even talking about over the course of a career, just one season. I have never gotten it.
grin.gif

^ Neither do I, and I love watchin' Kobe play (who will be a Top 20 player ever when his career is done).

Kobe has never had a season better than MJ's....no player has won in every championship appearance as MJ has. I don't recall ever seeing MJ allow his team to lose a 24 point lead in a Finals game. he made his team mates better and stepped on opponents throats full throttle. Jordan was unquestionably the best player on all his championship teams without a dominant center.

6 for 6 in Finals appearances, 6 Finals MVP's, regular season MVP 5x (robbed by Malone once)....even with taking almost 2 seasons off
sick.gif

Your Batman and Robin reference is true, but however, its also vice versa.

Shaq relied on Kobe just as much as Kobe relied on Shaq. Shaq got the double team for Kobe to make the open shot.

Late in the 4th quarters, teams would always play hack-a-shaq, and who carried the Lakers? It was kobe. They were both equally important to me in those games, its just whoever had the hot hand each took and got more possessions IMO.

For the record, MJ > Kobe.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

^ Neither do I, and I love watchin' Kobe play (who will be a Top 20 player ever when his career is done).

Kobe has never had a season better than MJ's....no player has won in every championship appearance as MJ has. I don't recall ever seeing MJ allow his team to lose a 24 point lead in a Finals game. he made his team mates better and stepped on opponents throats full throttle. Jordan was unquestionably the best player on all his championship teams without a dominant center.

6 for 6 in Finals appearances, 6 Finals MVP's, regular season MVP 5x (robbed by Malone once)....even with taking almost 2 seasons off
sick.gif
I respect your opinion and sports knowledge and I'd be interested if you named the 20 players that have had better careers than Kobe?

Also, how can there not be comparisons ? The height, playing style, clutch shots, fadeaway, dunks, arrogance, etc...To me, the thing that mirrors MJ the most to me is Kobe's work ethic. The stories I've read about his workouts and how he pushes himself to be the best, adding moves to his game every off season; a lot of players say they want to be the best but there is clear consensus around the league that Kobe is the hardest working player, bar none..

It's rare to see a player be in that top 2-3 player discussion year in, year out for a decade...McGrady, Iverson, Nash, Wade, etc are nice but they have neither the accomplishments, success, nor longevity that Kobe has been blessed with...Lebron is entering that echelon and will very likely join the ranks of MJ, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Kobe...

Here's a quote from an article 2 years ago where Jerry West, Tex Winter, and several others weigh in on the MJ/Kobe discussion:

"...the Lakers coaching staff--which of course contained several people who also coached Jordan in Chicago--"concluded Bryant and Jordan were much alike, almost eerie, in fact, when it came to the alpha male qualities of their competitive natures. Kobe and Michael were ruthless when it came to winning, everyone agreed. And their skills were similar. Except Michael's hands were larger. The major difference between the two came with college experience. Jordan had played in a basketball system for Dean Smith at North Carolina, thus he was better prepared to play within a team concept."

MJ weighs in:

Jordan doesn't see what all the big fuss is about. After all, human behavior is mimetic. That's what humans do. They copy and ape another." Jordan acknowledged that Bryant has patterned aspects of his game after Jordan's but does not see this as a bad thing at all: "But how many people lighted the path for me? That's the evoluation of basketball. There's no way I could have played the way I played if I didn't watch David Thompson and guys prior to me. There's no way Kobe could have played the way he's played without watching me play. So, you know, that's the evolution of basketball. You cannot change that.

Kobe is on pace to finish top 3 in career scoring, has a strong team to win at least 1 or 2 more rings, and continue his career longevity...Whether you think he's similar to MJ or not, I think basketball fans should appreciate Kobe's game and career for what it is: arguably comparable to MJ but undoubtedly a legend.

sick.gif
i agree 100%

I respect your opinion and sports knowledge and I'd be interested if you named the 20 players that have had better careers than Kobe?

Top 20 doesn't always mean there are 20 players better than him (he is just in a bunch with a lot of other great players). Its a bit too soon to even mention him as a Top 10 player of all time right now to begin with, maybe when his career is over.

Top 5-10 GUARD then yea he will finish up there if his career ends on a steady pace (another ring wouldn't hurt either).

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Both Kobe and MJ have been blessed with tremendous talent
I agree.

I do think the talent today is better than the 90s so

Not even.

I think today's Cavs would work the Jazz teams of the 90s
The same Cavs team minus Shaq that got blown out by the Orlando Magic last year....
laugh.gif

The obvious reason MJ vs Kobe is beaten to death so much is because of the similarities (6'6, post up game, killer instinct, Phil, rings) Kobe is an imitation of MJ...

Fixed.  

I will say that Kobe is the most polarizing athlete in the history of sports - you'll never meet someone who's indifferent towards him...You'll either get a "G.O.AT.,
  What self-respecting basketball fan calls Kobe the GOAT??

This guys is the 2nd hater of all time haha geez. Who the F are you judge anybody. Stop slurping Jordans balls.

you sound young by the way.

You sound like you dont know me.

Wow you guys need to stop comparing. Jordan was great, JORDAN IS JORDAN. Kobe is great, KOBE IS KOBE. Imitation just sounds like all he does is try to copy Mike, and I dont think that he's trying to do that at all.

Well in all honesty that's truly the case.  Nothing wrong with copying the GOAT, it just times for fans like you and others to admit it.

This guys is the 2nd hater of all time haha geez. Who the F are you judge anybody.

You're really showing your age aren't you.  It's not hating when facts are being presented or when opinion are given with information to back up that claim, you dudes really got to learn the difference in life. 

In all fairness  he's still playing and can very well reach 6 titles if not 7.
It wouldn't matter if Kobe got 7 rings or 9, at the end of the day for his first 3 rings he wasn't even the Finals MVP, that alone should tell you something about how "great" supposidly Kobe is.  For all 6 of MJ's championships he was the Finals MVP. 

You are a hater because of your posts and the way you manipulate your "knowledge" of the past, and i use knowledge in the loosest way possible. You show how much of a Jordan homer you are when you say even when Kobe wins 7 or 9 in YOUR twisted little head he still isnt the same or past Jordan. Who else will get those MVP's?? That'll give him 4 or 6 in this example. You dont know my age, so dont go there SON, you guys base age on either if you like Jordan, you're older, and if you like Kobe, youre younger. Dumb %%% fools up in here. I've seen Jordan from the start and respect him to the fullest. I love his game and intensity. I love Kobes game too. Just cause I'm not a Jordan homer like you doesnt make me younger than you. BTW, just cause you and your little stooges that follow your homerism for Jordan stat a fact here and there but only address bits and parts of other peoples posts acting like you're dropping knowledge on anybody shows how much ignorance you really have.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

sick.gif

Also, how can there not be comparisons ? The height, playing style, clutch shots, fadeaway, dunks, arrogance, etc...To me, the thing that mirrors MJ the most to me is Kobe's work ethic. The stories I've read about his workouts and how he pushes himself to be the best, adding moves to his game every off season; a lot of players say they want to be the best but there is clear consensus around the league that Kobe is the hardest working player, bar none..

It's rare to see a player be in that top 2-3 player discussion year in, year out for a decade...McGrady, Iverson, Nash, Wade, etc are nice but they have neither the accomplishments, success, nor longevity that Kobe has been blessed with...Lebron is entering that echelon and will very likely join the ranks of MJ, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Kobe...

Here's a quote from an article 2 years ago where Jerry West, Tex Winter, and several others weigh in on the MJ/Kobe discussion:

"...the Lakers coaching staff--which of course contained several people who also coached Jordan in Chicago--"concluded Bryant and Jordan were much alike, almost eerie, in fact, when it came to the alpha male qualities of their competitive natures. Kobe and Michael were ruthless when it came to winning, everyone agreed. And their skills were similar. Except Michael's hands were larger. The major difference between the two came with college experience. Jordan had played in a basketball system for Dean Smith at North Carolina, thus he was better prepared to play within a team concept."

MJ weighs in:

Jordan doesn't see what all the big fuss is about. After all, human behavior is mimetic. That's what humans do. They copy and ape another." Jordan acknowledged that Bryant has patterned aspects of his game after Jordan's but does not see this as a bad thing at all: "But how many people lighted the path for me? That's the evoluation of basketball. There's no way I could have played the way I played if I didn't watch David Thompson and guys prior to me. There's no way Kobe could have played the way he's played without watching me play. So, you know, that's the evolution of basketball. You cannot change that.

Kobe is on pace to finish top 3 in career scoring, has a strong team to win at least 1 or 2 more rings, and continue his career longevity...Whether you think he's similar to MJ or not, I think basketball fans should appreciate Kobe's game and career for what it is: arguably comparable to MJ but undoubtedly a legend.

QFMFT

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Wow you guys need to stop comparing. Jordan was great, JORDAN IS JORDAN. Kobe is great, KOBE IS KOBE. Imitation just sounds like all he does is try to copy Mike, and I dont think that he's trying to do that at all.

Well in all honesty that's truly the case.  Nothing wrong with copying the GOAT, it just times for fans like you and others to admit it.

This guys is the 2nd hater of all time haha geez. Who the F are you judge anybody.

You're really showing your age aren't you.  It's not hating when facts are being presented or when opinion are given with information to back up that claim, you dudes really got to learn the difference in life. 

In all fairness  he's still playing and can very well reach 6 titles if not 7.
It wouldn't matter if Kobe got 7 rings or 9, at the end of the day for his first 3 rings he wasn't even the Finals MVP, that alone should tell you something about how "great" supposidly Kobe is.  For all 6 of MJ's championships he was the Finals MVP. 

You are a hater because of your posts and the way you manipulate your "knowledge" of the past, and i use knowledge in the loosest way possible. You show how much of a Jordan homer you are when you say even when Kobe wins 7 or 9 in YOUR twisted little head he still isnt the same or past Jordan. Who else will get those MVP's?? That'll give him 4 or 6 in this example. You dont know my age, so dont go there SON, you guys base age on either if you like Jordan, you're older, and if you like Kobe, youre younger. Dumb %%% fools up in here. I've seen Jordan from the start and respect him to the fullest. I love his game and intensity. I love Kobes game too. Just cause I'm not a Jordan homer like you doesnt make me younger than you. BTW, just cause you and your little stooges that follow your homerism for Jordan stat a fact here and there but only address bits and parts of other peoples posts acting like you're dropping knowledge on anybody shows how much ignorance you really have.
Summed it up perfectly for me.

When a guy says he wouldnt be better even if __________, then you know hes lost any type of objectivity and/or  is goin off emotion.

IF he won 5 straight right now without Pau & L.O., dudes still wouldnt care.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

sick.gif

MJ weighs in:

this

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

kobe is a poor mans jordan thats a compliment in my book...shoot anything associated to jordan is a good thing...ive been saying this for the longest time

kobe is the closest to mike...their game is are so similar its not even funny but of course not as crisp and defined as jordans game but kobe is close

michael jordan is michael jackson and kobe bryant is chris brown/usher
^ CHURCH! OMG i just said this same exact thing yest in debate...dudes don't understand that MJ is a Ultra legend and is bigger than those rings and stats, he is a Movement like Mike Jack and Ali n cannot be compared to daniel son

Kobe is waay closer to mj, than cb/usher is to Michael Jackson.

Has to be a better comparison out there.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Your Batman and Robin reference is true, but however, its also vice versa.

Shaq relied on Kobe just as much as Kobe relied on Shaq. Shaq got the double team for Kobe to make the open shot.

Late in the 4th quarters, teams would always play hack-a-shaq, and who carried the Lakers? It was kobe. They were both equally important to me in those games, its just whoever had the hot hand each took and got more possessions IMO.

For the record, MJ > Kobe.
laugh.gif
 no

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

kobe is a poor mans jordan thats a compliment in my book...shoot anything associated to jordan is a good thing...ive been saying this for the longest time

kobe is the closest to mike...their game is are so similar its not even funny but of course not as crisp and defined as jordans game but kobe is close

michael jordan is michael jackson and kobe bryant is chris brown/usher
^ CHURCH! OMG i just said this same exact thing yest in debate...dudes don't understand that MJ is a Ultra legend and is bigger than those rings and stats, he is a Movement like Mike Jack and Ali n cannot be compared to daniel son

Get outta here with that Michael Jackson/ Chris Brown nonsense. MJ being a movement has nothing to do with his play on the bball court. Let's just talk when Kobe hangs up the shoes...

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by truthteller

Kobe is waay closer to mj, than cb/usher is to Michael Jackson.

Has to be a better comparison out there.
not really. 

KOBE is already a nba legend/hof'er whether hes better than  MJ  or not in peoples eyes.

CB/USHER are just run of the mill R&B dudes....Essspecialllly CB, nobody will care about him 10 yrs from now...

so i'm a kobe fan, i only saw jordan play forreal when i was 5. i've grown up watching kobe and as a laker fan, but
Jordan AS of right now is > Kobe AS of right now.
the real debate is when kobe's career is over.
the only way he can be really considered the GOAT is if he wins the next two championships and then another one to have 7, break Kareem's scoring record, and not miss the playoffs. he's not going to attain any more MVPs i assume, since he does not need to put up godlike numbers to keep his team in contention.
but even the more championships and scoring record still won't compare to jordan's other accomplishments. (5 mvp's)
and the big thing is how MJ impacted the game, he revived basketball, he took the NBA to another level, and kobe can't do that since it's pretty much impossible to one up jordan.
but kobe is the closest to MJ, and will probably be the closest, lebron is more into becoming the first billionaire, making money, i really don't believe he wants the chip.

if kobe keeps it up he'll for sure be number 2, while MJ is number 1.

/ thread.

Back
Top Bottom