Jordan vs Kobe game winners Vol. Complete list of GW Both have 25.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I don't even believe Jordan is necessarily the best ever, in the end once you reach the level Magic, Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Russel reached what separates one from another become so small.

And that's the perfect word "reachED". Kobe still has at least 3 or 4 more productive years ahead of him and who's to say that his resume' by then won't be comparable to all the other greats. He's most likely going to finish top 3 all time in scoring (just under 7,000 pts away from passing MJ for 3rd), already is the Lakers all-time leading scorer and has a team that could win a few more championships and Finals MVPs.

When he finally hangs up the Nikes then maybe the discussion will become more relevant in regards to his all-time greatness.
Thats thing he can;t reach it, peak production is more important that longevity and as it stands Kobe Bryant has never, being Kobe Bryant for 10 years doesn't make him that much better than if he did it for 13. The fact is he has never at any point in his life been as good at the game of basketball as the players I mentioned he has no three year stretch that I think really touches those guys, he is close but not that close. 

Wait what? Now you're not making any sense...you got some PER or some stats when the sun was in the sky for only 6 hours to throw out. Cause him '05-'08 (in which he avg 32 ppg, 6 rpg and 5 apg (which I guess you would call his peak) were something special and comparable to any of those people, and don't even bring up titles cause Wilt didn't win one until he was well past his prime.

And since when does longevity not count? He's consistently been a top 3 player for over a decade now, something that everyone on that list can say. You've had guys like T-Mac, AI, VC, KG who were great at points in their careers others who's numbers have all declined while KB is still playing at an All-NBA 1st team level.

Originally Posted by crobers 78

laugh.gif
See below just ONE yes just one of the areas of MJ's stellar career that # 8 will not touch. I have many more but i will just drop this one for now. Lol, i love when folk attempt to debate speculation vs facts!

Jordan has 10 SCORING TITLES which the nba's best ( won 6 of his scoring titles while making over 50%), #8 has only 2 SCORING TITLES, he has to win EIGHT MORE SCORING TITLES just to match the Great MJ... difficult to happen.
Most of those who think #8's scoring is better than MJ's, were not watching nba in the 90s and 80s, , they began watching the nba the year 2000 or need to read those stats carefully!!

well in the 90's there werent many great scorers who could go off for 40+

in this era you had, AI,Wade,Bron,Melo, Durant,Tmac who are terrific scorers. not to dismiss MJ but its just different. there are to many variables to judge

I don't even believe Jordan is necessarily the best ever, in the end once you reach the level Magic, Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Russel reached what separates one from another become so small.

And that's the perfect word "reachED". Kobe still has at least 3 or 4 more productive years ahead of him and who's to say that his resume' by then won't be comparable to all the other greats. He's most likely going to finish top 3 all time in scoring (just under 7,000 pts away from passing MJ for 3rd), already is the Lakers all-time leading scorer and has a team that could win a few more championships and Finals MVPs.

When he finally hangs up the Nikes then maybe the discussion will become more relevant in regards to his all-time greatness.
Thats thing he can;t reach it, peak production is more important that longevity and as it stands Kobe Bryant has never, being Kobe Bryant for 10 years doesn't make him that much better than if he did it for 13. The fact is he has never at any point in his life been as good at the game of basketball as the players I mentioned he has no three year stretch that I think really touches those guys, he is close but not that close. 
Exactly! playing 20 some odd years does not impress me either in comparison to the efficiency MJ did it in. Why are peole speaking on speculation so much!? tomorrow is not promised. his prime is decreasing slowly every game. knock the reach, when, in such n such years just wait, what if, but, well just wait crap off n bring ya facts or separate #8 from MJ!

the F yall smoking????

Magic vs Bird put basketball out in the world.

Lakers vs Celtics was all the talk.

MJ helped but yall acting like he himself carried the league

If you knew anything about Jordan or Kobe, he repeatedly states he is the best. Don't tell me to show you where to find it. Either take my word or go look it up yourself. Yea, he had no dominant center to help make journey easy and his teammates weren't as good. Who wants that? And his reason for the trade was TO WIN. Even if he came off as a punk, which he was.

I'm not debating, I'm just showing the rest of the people here that you are exactly what you describe Kobe "D riders" as.

You said in a post above the older heads are there to teach. You're obviously not teaching youngin.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

the F yall smoking????

And this is what I have a problem with...people on here act like MJ was there with Dr. Naismith putting the peach basket on the hoop. As if basketball would have ceased to exist without his presence. Did he play a role in helping to globalize the game, of course, but to act like he's the sole reason for the game being what it is, quite frankly is just blind worship and somewhat disrespect to those legends who paved the way before him and the great players who are playing now. Commercially, yes their probably won't be a force like him, although Bron may have something to say about that when it's all done. 

Wait what? Now you're not making any sense...you got some PER or some stats when the sun was in the sky for only 6 hours to throw out. Cause him '05-'08 (in which he avg 32 ppg, 6 rpg and 5 apg (which I guess you would call his peak) were something special and comparable to any of those people, and don't even bring up titles cause Wilt didn't win one until he was well past his prime.

And since when does longevity not count? He's consistently been a top 3 player for over a decade now, something that everyone on that list can say. You've had guys like T-Mac, AI, VC, KG who were great at points in their careers others who's numbers have all declined while KB is still playing at an All-NBA 1st team level.
On 42% shooting. Not the same as Jordan doing , on 53% shooting or Shaq at 60% or Magic at 52%, like I said, great, not that great, close but not that close.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

the F yall smoking????

They sure did n MJ took it the "Next Level"
smile.gif
and has kept it there n he is not even playin but moreso playing through current stars i.e. Melo, Wade, Allen, etc etc...

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

If you knew anything about Jordan or Kobe, he repeatedly states he is the best. Don't tell me to show you where to find it. Either take my word or go look it up yourself. Yea, he had no dominant center to help make journey easy and his teammates weren't as good. Who wants that? And his reason for the trade was TO WIN. Even if he came off as a punk, which he was.

I'm not debating, I'm just showing the rest of the people here that you are exactly what you describe Kobe "D riders" as.

You said in a post above the older heads are there to teach. You're obviously not teaching youngin.
you are silly. "repeatedly"? knock it off, he does not! I hear him say Bill more than anyone so that point is invalid. I don't need you to show me because it's not there. "who wants that"? lol, come on man he had it n got spoiled and could not take it being normal, yes normal. having the best sg n center in the league on same team is abnormal. he was spoiled n started crying like spoiled brats do. that's not cool, you suck it up shut up n play or save it for the locker not on tv like that. I have already taught n i wll teach one last time: 6>4, Movement> non movement, globally respected > #8, here for years n years > #8, 6 Finals appearances 6 finals MVP's, no L's > #8, Defensive player of the year > #8...tha'ts all for today and ya homework is to go get the new ESPN magazine and read it from front to back n come back to this post n recite all the accomplishments and quotes of other legends while he played and after
smile.gif

On 42% shooting. Not the same as Jordan doing , on 53% shooting or Shaq at 60% or Magic at 52%, like I said, great, not that great, close but not that close.

Please tell em...smdh! there are so many more facts and illustrations but there are too many n little time #8 mvp, hang it up. Always remember an argument is null n void if both sides are not presenting facts, not facts with half facts half speculation
smile.gif
this is too fun n easy. It would behoove you to just say MJ is the GOAT n leave it at that than to keep bringing #8 up. quiet as kept, bron is better all round he just has the same amount of rings as #8 would have to this date if he did not get traded to a stellar organization, lol

Actually it was on 46% shooting during that stretch. Shaq, he didn't take shots outside of 12 ft of the basket so of course his FG% is going to be higher. And he never averaged 30 ppg in a single season. Magic never averaged 25 ppg, and never took more than 16 shots per game in any season (avg 13 for his career) so I don't get that comparison and MJ didn't take nearly as many 3s as Kobe does, I'm pretty sure the closer you get to the basket the easier a shot will become, that's just common sense.  

Not to even bring up the different circumstances of their teams during those particular seasons, just so many variables to say that shooting percentage is that important. They all had significant impacts on their respective teams and the leagues. I don't get why people will acknowledge that for seemingly every player except Kobe, there's always a but... 

Even Bron's career FG% is at 47, that's 1 points higher than Kobe's. Does it really make that much of a difference if they're getting the job done, it's not like he's A.I. out there who has a career 42% shooting percentage. I'm done though. No need to argue something, most legends in the the league and people acknowledge that KB's one of the best all around players to ever grace the court and that's fine with me.

And crobers, why do you keep saying the same thing over and over again? WE GET IT! OMGZ YOU THINK MJ IS THE BESTZ EVAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD! Stop posting please. FYI, Kobe wears #24 now.

Actually it was on 46% shooting during that stretch. Shaq, he didn't take shots outside of 12 ft of the basket so of course his FG% is going to be higher. And he never averaged 30 ppg in a single season. Magic never averaged 25 ppg, and never took more than 16 shots per game in any season (avg 13 for his career) so I don't get that comparison and MJ didn't take nearly as many 3s as Kobe does, I'm pretty sure the closer you get to the basket the easier a shot will become, that's just common sense.  

Not to even bring up the different circumstances of their teams during those particular seasons, just so many variables to say that shooting percentage is that important. They all had significant impacts on their respective teams and the leagues. I don't get why people will acknowledge that for seemingly every player except Kobe, there's always a but... 

Even Bron's career FG% is at 47, that's 1 points higher than Kobe's. Does it really make that much of a difference if they're getting the job done, it's not like he's A.I. out there who has a career 42% shooting percentage. I'm done though. No need to argue something, most legends in the the league and people acknowledge that KB's one of the best all around players to ever grace the court and that's fine with me.

And crobers, why do you keep saying the same thing over and over again? WE GET IT! OMGZ YOU THINK MJ IS THE BESTZ EVAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD! Stop posting please. FYI, Kobe wears #24 now.

It's being reposted because obviously it's not sinking in. #8 is a sarcastic degradation to daniel son just like his slick jersey move to get #24. fyi, there is no such thing as common sense. how do you post roughly 10 to 15 times n then say stop posting? crass!

Kobe takes the TOUGHEST shots in the NBA. There is no one in the league that takes tougher shots that affect FG%. So when you look at his FG% that's something to keep in mind.

Kobe takes the TOUGHEST shots in the NBA. There is no one in the league that takes tougher shots that affect FG%. So when you look at his FG% that's something to keep in mind.

It's being reposted because obviously it's not sinking in. #8 is a sarcastic degradation to daniel son just like his slick jersey move to get #24. fyi, there is no such thing as common sense. how do you post roughly 10 to 15 times n then say stop posting? crass!

Haven't used the IGNORE button in a long time, but it may be in order. I've said multiple times that MJ is better than KB in this thread. I also said that I believe Magic is the GOAT. I've actually said something different in my posts. You sir are just looking like a troll or someone who has a serious case of rideritis.

This thread has gotten way off course, something I was complaining about initially 
laugh.gif
. Was supposed to be a compilation of two of the greatest clutch shooters and players in history and has yet turned into another A vs B thread. 
tired.gif
I really am done now though.

Haven't used the IGNORE button in a long time, but it may be in order. I've said multiple times that MJ is better than KB in this thread. I also said that I believe Magic is the GOAT. I've actually said something different in my posts. You sir are just looking like a troll or someone who has a serious case of rideritis.

^ Person, this is not the #8 mvp thread, it's niketalk. Not all my posts have been directed to you, i believe you hv been mislead
smile.gif
be easy, fall back n do what you need to do but bringing up ignore n responding at the same time is rather oxymoronic. all you need to know is that you don't need to keep bringin #8 up in a MJ discussion, period. Let #8 have his own lane n stop swervin n mergin into MJ's lane n you won't have these problems. haha, you said Magic is the GOAT? lolz, wow ok. you are only saying that because you don't want to fully succumb to his airness but it's cool i see you. Magic is great, one hell of a player but he was/is not the GOAT by any means i'm sorry esp with MJ's existence, hell he is not even better nor more accomplished than the Captain big Reem.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

shot selection = part of skills

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

shot selection = part of skills
Thank you! Finally people with sense. who tells the idiot to take those uncalled for shots? if he does not have sense enough to come in close n be more efficient then that's his problem. Some people actually shoot better from long range  than short so the common sense remark is uncalled for also. I wonder how many people in here have actually played the game of basketball not including pick up but high level organized ball? "oooh so n so is better than MJ because he takes longer shots but his percentage is failing" lol how idiotic!

i think this thread needs to be locked already. this is the longest player a vs player b thread we had in a long time. no sense in arguing. everybody in this thread has an opinion and nothing is fact...

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

stop comparing championships. Jordan 6 Finals MVP> Kobe 1 Finals MVP. Kobe has 4 championships, but IMO a lot of players would win titles with a prime Shaq on their team. Even if Kobe wins 3 more Finals MVPs, he wouldn't surpass Jordan
100% Truth.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i think this thread needs to be locked already. this is the longest player a vs player b thread we had in a long time. no sense in arguing. everybody in this thread has an opinion and nothing is fact...

this

kareem>magic>jordan>kobe>Lebron

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom