Officially Retired from sneakers

I'm definitely not out of the game and never will be. Will always love kicks. Having said that, I'm getting VERY selective on what I buy. For 2024 so far, I grabbed Fear 3s on discount from Nike, the Soulgoods Ships and the Blk Cement 4s. I'm done for the year, no exaggeration. There's an Ascics collab I want to get that was done with an Aussie shop here, but im gonna wait for a few pairs that are up for sale to sell first.

I have a few old hitlist pairs like some OG 12s, Air Flight Turbulence, OG Hare 7s, etc. Vintage pairs. There's not much more I really am after, and my collection is pretty diverse now between Js, Dunks, Saucony, Kangaroos, Sneep Crew, etc. I'm still holding out hope for those Kobe PE J7s and I definitely need a pair of OG Shaqnosis or one of the retros. I'm more focused on wearing what I have and trying to move pairs that I bought to flip.

I'm definitely not out of the game and never will be. Will always love kicks. Having said that, I'm getting VERY selective on what I buy. For 2024 so far, I grabbed Fear 3s on discount from Nike, the Soulgoods Ships and the Blk Cement 4s. I'm done for the year, no exaggeration. There's an Ascics collab I want to get that was done with an Aussie shop here, but im gonna wait for a few pairs that are up for sale to sell first.

I have a few old hitlist pairs like some OG 12s, Air Flight Turbulence, OG Hare 7s, etc. Vintage pairs. There's not much more I really am after, and my collection is pretty diverse now between Js, Dunks, Saucony, Kangaroos, Sneep Crew, etc. I'm still holding out hope for those Kobe PE J7s and I definitely need a pair of OG Shaqnosis or one of the retros. I'm more focused on wearing what I have and trying to move pairs that I bought to flip.
Which ASICS collab you referring too?

Oh the gel lyte 3s? I actually have those.
Oh dang! Yeah those. How do they fit? I've never owned any Ascics and my buddy said I really need to try on a pair of GL3s first bc Ascics runs very inconsistent.

Oh dang! Yeah those. How do they fit? I've never owned any Ascics and my buddy said I really need to try on a pair of GL3s first bc Ascics runs very inconsistent.
He aint lying I recently bought a pair of gl5 in my gl3 size and it was too big. I can try to help if you tell me what sneakers you wear

He aint lying I recently bought a pair of gl5 in my gl3 size and it was too big. I can try to help if you tell me what sneakers you wear
My true size is a 10.75 really. In Jordan's and Dunks I'm an 11, Saucony/Roos definitely a 10.5. I don't wear Nike runners so not sure what my size would be on those.

My true size is a 10.75 really. In Jordan's and Dunks I'm an 11, Saucony/Roos definitely a 10.5. I don't wear Nike runners so not sure what my size would be on those.
Go with 11 then imo I have dunks and Jordan’s and am 11.5 in those and gl3

Go with 11 then imo I have dunks and Jordan’s and am 11.5 in those and gl3
How do these GL3 fit for you? Is it a good fit?
Did you buy your pair from Upthere or another Aussie boutique? I just saw one of the other boutiques here has em on sale, but I want the matching socks haha and I think you only get those through upthere.

I’m of the belief that I, or a lot of us, will never fully retire. I’ve slowed down a lot, from going through maybe 6-8 pairs a year, to maybe 2-3, if that.

There will always be a pair that alludes us, or an unexpected drop that will pull us back in for “one more cop”.

I was set on only potentially copping the White/Red 17s (also waiting on College Blues, if you’re reading this, Nike) and chillin for a bit but now that the BC3s are releasing…I’m right back. So far this year I’ve only picked up the all black Foams and it’ll stay that way until the pairs I mentioned above drop. (Retail or bust)

How do these GL3 fit for you? Is it a good fit?
Did you buy your pair from Upthere or another Aussie boutique? I just saw one of the other boutiques here has em on sale, but I want the matching socks haha and I think you only get those through upthere.
Ordered from up there they actually forgot to send me the socks so I emailed them and they sent them. They fit outstanding I own at least 20 pairs. It’s my favorite shoe. Are you getting these at a discount

Ordered from up there they actually forgot to send me the socks so I emailed them and they sent them. They fit outstanding I own at least 20 pairs. It’s my favorite shoe. Are you getting these at a discount
Upthere still has em for full retail.
Another Aussie shop (AbovetheClouds) has em on discount but I don't think the socks come with them from any other store besides Upthere.
Yeah man once I saw em' I had to have. I'm not into Ascics AT ALL, but I'm a HUGE bird lover and the Kookaburra is my favorite Aussie bird. Plus, being an American living over here now it's cool to say that I was able to get these over here, same as the Passport SB Dunk 'Workboots' and the Saucony x Sneaker Freaker 'Bushwhackers.'

Also, these Kookaburra just look so damn good. The color blocking and colors are perfect.

I’m of the belief that I, or a lot of us, will never fully retire. I’ve slowed down a lot, from going through maybe 6-8 pairs a year, to maybe 2-3, if that.

There will always be a pair that alludes us, or an unexpected drop that will pull us back in for “one more cop”.

I was set on only potentially copping the White/Red 17s (also waiting on College Blues, if you’re reading this, Nike) and chillin for a bit but now that the BC3s are releasing…I’m right back. So far this year I’ve only picked up the all black Foams and it’ll stay that way until the pairs I mentioned above drop. (Retail or bust)
Agree with this to a T. Especially that middle paragraph.
I'll be in for the BC3s but solely to flip. If the WC 3s did well, those will do even better. I'm also hoping for some properly done Jordan 16s. I need the blk reds and cherry woods back in my life.

I think the most important thing for anyone into kicks is that you don't get to the point where you have hundreds of kicks and they aren't getting worn. To me, that is just insane. I see some dudes on IG that are pushing 500 plus pairs and not even wearing them. I've always sold off stuff that I didn't wear, grew out of in the sense I no longer dig the shoe, etc. Amassing more and more pairs that collect dust is crazy to me.

On the topic of the Shaqnosis, anyone have the 2013 pair or both the 2013 and the 2020 pair? Is the 2013 inferior to the 2020? I don't understand why the 2020 pair is reselling for what they are.

I think the most important thing for anyone into kicks is that you don't get to the point where you have hundreds of kicks and they aren't getting worn.
dj-akademiks-nervous.gif

One of these days I will fade off into the sunset and settle into only a few pairs. I used to dump pairs on eBay once a year to “reset”, but now the boxes are piled up again. Even while I type this, I’m contemplating buying more pairs. :smh:

The hoarding buyers, and resellers, are what's killing the game. Because both of those buyers are somewhat of just being collectors, and not wearers of the shoes. I know this from impulse buying for many years, and just seeing others do the same. Then you have the collectors who just buy multiple pairs, or in bulk. So they can have a house full of shoes once it's 2045, and they'll all be on some sneaker TV/YouTube special, showing off their collections to top each other.

Most pairs ive had at once was in between 40 to 60. I stopped counting after 40. Then i realized when i was still buying frequently, that i had alot of pairs i never worn, or slightly wore. That's when i knew I was wasting alot of money. So half of what I had was sold for or given away. There's been a upgrade in quality, along with The OG Branding with Jordans having Nike Air on them within the last 8 to 10 years. So i caught the bug again.

Only because, if Nike/Jordan Brand decides to take away the Nike Air branding off of Jordans again, atleast ill have some pairs to last me for awhile, that ill actually like and wear.

Also, due to working and just everyday life in general, alot of pairs people buy are a waste in general, because they're not wearing them on a daily basis. You can say that it's not a waste, for resale value. But if you're not wearing the shoes, they're just sitting collecting dust.

The hoarding buyers, and resellers, are what's killing the game. Because both of those buyers are somewhat of just being collectors, and not wearers of the shoes. I know this from impulse buying for many years, and just seeing others do the same. Then you have the collectors who just buy multiple pairs, or in bulk. So they can have a house full of shoes once it's 2045, and they'll all be on some sneaker TV/YouTube special, showing off their collections to top each other.

Most pairs ive had at once was in between 40 to 60. I stopped counting after 40. Then i realized when i was still buying frequently, that i had alot of pairs i never worn, or slightly wore. That's when i knew I was wasting alot of money. So half of what I had was sold for or given away. There's been a upgrade in quality, along with The OG Branding with Jordans having Nike Air on them within the last 8 to 10 years. So i caught the bug again.

Only because, if Nike/Jordan Brand decides to take away the Nike Air branding off of Jordans again, atleast ill have some pairs to last me for awhile, that ill actually like and wear.

Also, due to working and just everyday life in general, alot of pairs people buy are a waste in general, because they're not wearing them on a daily basis. You can say that it's not a waste, for resale value. But if you're not wearing the shoes, they're just sitting collecting dust.
I agree with a lot of this (mainly the last paragraph). After I made my post a little while ago, I started listing them on eBay. I’m gonna try to get down to 10-15 pairs (which is still too many to justify), but it’s a start.

The reselling business wouldn’t exist without enough people willing to pay inflated prices supporting it.
He didn't explicitly say that which is why I was unsure. I buy a lot of shoes at retail that I don't wear often.

Back
Top Bottom