Jordan Wresting Shoes?

Originally Posted by ketchupking2

My friend had these at school one day. Any significance behind em?

they bout as ugly as them laces on those ones
laugh.gif

I believe those were advertised as trainers and not wrestling shoes. Had a few pages of advertisement in the first all Jordan special magazine by Slam back in '96 or '97.

I believe those were advertised as trainers and not wrestling shoes. Had a few pages of advertisement in the first all Jordan special magazine by Slam back in '96 or '97.

Saw a few on ebay end <50$, including one that was supposedly autographed by Mike

These remind me of chi Xs

Saw a few on ebay end <50$, including one that was supposedly autographed by Mike

These remind me of chi Xs

Those are the very first Jordan cross trainers called simply the "Jordan Trainer." They were released just after the XIII's, on the same day as the white/black & black/white Jordan Team 1, and hold the distinction of not only being the first "non-basketball" Jordan released, but also the first shoes released under the "Brand Jordan" flag instead of Nike.

The Jordan Trainer sold absolutely terribly, and ended up on the outlet clearance tables for $9.99...and they STILL sat. To give you an idea about how bad these shoes were from a personal perspective, at the time they released, I was literally buying two of EVERY Jordan release. I already wasn't too impressed with the looks of these, but tried them on anyway. Had them on for about 2 seconds, took them off, and handed them back to my FTL guy remarking "good luck selling these things." He was stunned that I was passing, considering my history. They were probably a decent performance shoe for wrestling or boxing (and I believe Roy Jones Jr. did advertise these), but from a casual standpoint, just awful. Lucky for JB's non-hoops line, they stepped it up with the Trunners the next year.

hth,
J

Those are the very first Jordan cross trainers called simply the "Jordan Trainer." They were released just after the XIII's, on the same day as the white/black & black/white Jordan Team 1, and hold the distinction of not only being the first "non-basketball" Jordan released, but also the first shoes released under the "Brand Jordan" flag instead of Nike.

The Jordan Trainer sold absolutely terribly, and ended up on the outlet clearance tables for $9.99...and they STILL sat. To give you an idea about how bad these shoes were from a personal perspective, at the time they released, I was literally buying two of EVERY Jordan release. I already wasn't too impressed with the looks of these, but tried them on anyway. Had them on for about 2 seconds, took them off, and handed them back to my FTL guy remarking "good luck selling these things." He was stunned that I was passing, considering my history. They were probably a decent performance shoe for wrestling or boxing (and I believe Roy Jones Jr. did advertise these), but from a casual standpoint, just awful. Lucky for JB's non-hoops line, they stepped it up with the Trunners the next year.

hth,
J

I still have a VVNDS pair of those my mom bought me for some unknown reason. They are VERY uncomfortable.

I still have a VVNDS pair of those my mom bought me for some unknown reason. They are VERY uncomfortable.

been looking for a pair of these for years. always liked them, never wanted to pay much for them though.

been looking for a pair of these for years. always liked them, never wanted to pay much for them though.

I remember these. I believe they were marketed as trainers, when JB was starting to make more sneakers besides the numbered Air Jordans. They released around the same timeframe as the XIII's and the first team Jordans.

I remember these. I believe they were marketed as trainers, when JB was starting to make more sneakers besides the numbered Air Jordans. They released around the same timeframe as the XIII's and the first team Jordans.

Back
Top Bottom