Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

My black pair has been holding up pretty well, but then again I tend to really baby my kicks. I have 10+year old sneakers that still look almost deadstock lol.

do I have an epic tale for you guys!!

ok, so i hit the Kaws lottery, they ship my shoes etc etc. I have UPS My Choice set up to automatically redirect pacakages to a UPS Access Point so I can pick up stuff after I get off work. Keep in mind this is right before Christmas when UPS is having major issues. I get my tracking info, its shipped, no problem. It was supposed to deliver on a Thursday. Got delayed. Moved to Friday. Cool. Friday comes, and nothing is updating on the tracking. Finally, Friday night at *8:14pm i get an update "The receiver states the product was not ordered and has refused the delivery. Package will be returned to sender." OK WHAT?? At this point I am freaking out. I frantically get on the phone with UPS, and its over an hour wait. I tell the rep what has happened, and that this is a huge mistake, and she says nothing she can do, since the package has already left Houston on the way back to Brooklyn. She says only option is to get in touch with the shipper (Kaws). Click. Crap. I call back. Another hour wait. Same story. This happens twice more. (Friday late night). I immediately email Kaws and let them know what has happened. I wait patiently.

Enter Saturday morning. ( 12/9) my friend somehow gets on the phone with a manager who has more authority, and she requests a delivery change. This is reflected in my tracking notes. Welp, it didnt work. Blah blah blah. Package makes it back to Brooklyn and has officially been returned to sender. I email Kaws again when the package makes it back to them on 12/18, again letting them know what has happened. I emphasized that at this point I still had not called my CC company to ask for a charge back.

KAWS RESPONDS! ON 12/19 they say they will reship the shoes to me (no extra $$) and ask me for my preferred address so it doesn't have to go back to a UPS Access Point. I respond and give them my address. NO RESPONSE BACK FROM KAWS.......on 12/22 they finally email me back saying the shoes have shipped and give me my tracking number.

Delivery was scheduled for 1/2/18. but they came early AND I FINALLY HAVE THEM IN HAND!!! unbelievable ending to a crazy story. I was felt there was absolutely no shot I would get them once they were on their way back to Brooklyn. I still cannot believe it.

Santa Kaws for the absolutely MF'n WIN!!!!

TL;DR: UPS screwed up delivery of my Kaws, said the UPS Access Point (UPS My Choice Preferred Location) refused delivery, and sent them all the way back to Brooklyn to Kaws. Got in touch with Kaws who re-shipped the shoes at no additional charge. Just got them in hand 15 mins ago.

bump because this was just too epic. one reason i'll never sell my pair

numbers were the same on both colorways, black pair just released through one spot vs. multiple for the grey.

54EFE357-FB37-4DCA-BB2C-21A4759C3313.jpeg
‘Bout to hop out a whip with a pair of shoes that cost 1/10 the price of the car hahah

P.S. midsoles hold up real nice. I do recommend protecting JUST the midsoles from water and public restrooms tho. Haha

Gonna sell my pair. I tried to excuse the damb shin guard tongue but I can’t smh. Forgive me bros

Back
Top Bottom