Jordan XIII Playoffs - February 18, 2023

I had all colorways of the OG 13's from back in '97-'98 and they were notorious for having some of the worst toe box creasing I've ever seen in Air Jordans. Don't get me wrong, I love creasing, but the creasing on OG 13's were hideous. Hopefully these 2023's don't crease as bad.
AJ13 s9.5blkred1 (1).JPG
AJ13 s9.5blkwht1.JPG
AJ13 s9.5bluwht1.JPG
AJ13 s9.5whtblk1.JPG
AJ13 s9.5whtred1.JPG

Screenshot_20230219_104645_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230219_105023_eBay.jpg

I had all colorways of the OG 13's from back in '97-'98 and they were notorious for having some of the worst toe box creasing I've ever seen in Air Jordans. Don't get me wrong, I love creasing, but the creasing on OG 13's were hideous. Hopefully these 2023's don't crease as bad.
AJ13 s9.5blkred1 (1).JPG
AJ13 s9.5blkwht1.JPG
AJ13 s9.5bluwht1.JPG
AJ13 s9.5whtblk1.JPG
AJ13 s9.5whtred1.JPG

Screenshot_20230219_104645_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230219_105023_eBay.jpg
BRING ON THE CREASES! I want good leather, not that fake crappy stuff anymore. It cheapens the 13 to a Payless shoe.

AJ13 s9.5whtblk1.JPG
Dude, look at those beauties. That’s how THEY SHOULD’VE COME OUT! SCREW YOU JORDAN BRAND AND YOUR CHEAP ***!

Dude, look at those beauties. That’s how THEY SHOULD’VE COME OUT! SCREW YOU JORDAN BRAND AND YOUR CHEAP ***!
I don't know bro lol, if today's generation got a pair with a jumpman with a bum knee, the endless talks of Nike's poor QC would bring chaos :lol:
Screenshot_20230219_173954_Chrome.jpg

Back then I didn't care. I was happy just to have a chance to rock the shoes MJ wore.

Nike tongue jumpman QC has come a long way cause they're better today ! Lol

I don't know bro lol, if today's generation got a pair with a jumpman with a bum knee, the endless talks of Nike's poor QC would bring chaos :lol:
Screenshot_20230219_173954_Chrome.jpg

Back then I didn't care. I was happy just get to rock the shoes MJ wore.

Nike tongue jumpman QC has come a long way cause they're better today ! Lol
Dude, I’d be all over those like flies on 💩. The White/True Red-Black are my absolute favorites. I’d practically do anything to get them like that again. 😭

Was anyone else disappointed Jordan chose to wear Playoff 12s and 13s for the ASG? After the Columbia XIs I thought it would be a given he’d wear Obsidian 12s and Flint 13s. But then again 97 and 98 they wore their team unis, guess it would’ve violated code, and didn’t match 🤷🏾‍♂️

I surprised to see these are so many people’s first ever XIIIs :wow: especially with so many colorways lately. These were also my first ever XIIIs… in 1998 :lol:
Bunch of slackers. However, I give them a pass because 13s have been made like 💩 for a very long time now. Jordan Brand has not been treating this classy shoe with the respect it deserves.

I had og french blue and black blue lows.. Shoe mainly tongue was always too big and bulky. These are nice tho and I’ve been on an og kick. Loved the lows tho. Missed out on retro because of finances. Could use a 9.5 now tho

I surprised to see these are so many people’s first ever XIIIs :wow: especially with so many colorways lately. These were also my first ever XIIIs… in 1998 :lol:

Well, to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, and by considering each and everyone's valid opinion, without offense, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

I'm kidding. A lot of retros took me years to warm up to and have a new appreciation for. I will say that back in 2011, there was one AJ13 that I liked so much but never really got around to buying and that was the Ray Allen AJ13. Those were so sick. In terms of recent years, I really liked the Flint 13s, but I saw reviews and read that there was a lot of squeaking and I saw the toebox, which was pretty much a dealbreaker.

Didn’t even look at my OG pair from the FTL W until late last night. I noticed that the tongue logo was positioned too high up. It bothered me so much that I wanted to try my luck at the mall to see if there were more available.

Luckily, they still had a couple, so I scooped another just to swap and cherry-pick for the better looking pair.

9F79853A-A179-4E16-9F14-B73121780561.jpeg

Last edited:
Can I also ask you guys since I've always been curious - for those who own the originals and now have these retros, has the comfort ever changed or does it feel just about the same?

Can I also ask you guys since I've always been curious - for those who own the originals and now have these retros, has the comfort ever changed or does it feel just about the same?
It’s changed, but not so much that everyone can tell. The current pairs feel firmer, and the “pods” were more noticeable on the OG. Not to mention, the OG had articulated zoom in the forefoot, whereas all retro versions have just had a standard forefoot zoom unit.

My OG’s were super comfortable. I can tell you that my Red Flint’s aren’t that great. I don’t know about this new Playoff 13 though.

After wearing my pair for 8 hours straight today, I’m not too impressed with the pleather toebox on my pair. I came to that conclusion as I took a snack break at Dairy Queen for a chocolate dipped cone. The shape on the toebox is also very narrow so I actually prefer the 2011 rehash better.

Last edited:
After wearing my pair today for 8 hours straight today, I’m not too impressed with the pleather toebox on my pair. I came to that conclusion as I took a snack break at Dairy Queen for a chocolate dipped cone. The shape on the toebox is also very narrow so I actually prefer the 2011 rehash better.
Not a fan of this therealest1 therealest1 impersonation you’ve been rolling with. Maybe rethink how to repackage this over a Red Robin burger?

Back
Top Bottom