Jordan Zion 3

IMG_2126.png

Zion 3 are niiiice!! Pic some tech info

JS”

• The Zion 3 was built for Zion Williamson’s playing style — a blitz of strength and speed — by supporting him in three specific ways: containment, court feel and impact protection.
  • The drop-in midsole is comprised of Formula 23 foam with a Zoom Air unit in the forefoot for responsive cushioning. A drop-in midsole supports comfort and stability.
  • When brainstorming his third signature shoe in collaboration with the Jordan Brand design team, Zion told them that he’s “made it out of the mud,” referencing the hard work on his journey from Marion, South Carolina, to the NBA. The upper features a material and color splatter that was created using 3D imaging of Zion’s foot last launching through mud. It is a canvas to tell Zion’s personal story, but it’s strategically reinforced to help contain strong lateral movements over the footbed.
Jordan Brand design is rooted in equal parts motion and emotion. Each player in the Jordan Brand signature lineup embodies a different playing style that evokes a certain feeling in those who watch it. The Zion 3 was built for Zion Williamson’s playing style — a blitz of strength and speed — by supporting him in three specific ways: containment, court feel and impact protection.

The midsole cushioning is designed to help absorb the forces of Zion’s explosive game. The midsole is comprised of Formula 23 foam with a Zoom Air unit in the forefoot for responsive cushioning. A drop-in midsole supports comfort and stability. The stack height is the lowest yet on a Zion signature shoe. This gives players cushion where they need it, but also helps them feel in control of their ground movements, like a tight spin off the low block.

The rubber herringbone traction pattern helps enable quickness and control as well, while the iconic “Z” icon, which has been consistent on Zion’s signature line, comes to life via a raised TPU material and helps with lateral containment.

When brainstorming his third signature shoe in collaboration with the Jordan Brand design team, Zion told them that he’s “made it out of the mud,” referencing the hard work on his journey from Marion, South Carolina, to the NBA. The upper features a material and color splatter that was created using 3D imaging of Zion’s foot last launching through mud. It is a canvas to tell Zion’s personal story, but it’s strategically reinforced to help contain strong lateral movements over the footbed.

The Zion 3 “Sanctuary” releases exclusively in North America in September, while the “Mud, Sweat and Tears” colorway launches globally in October on jordan.com and at select retailers.

These bear some resemblance to some of the Puma LaMelo Ball signature shoes. It looks as if they got the design inspiration from them.

Jordan Zion 3 “Sanctuary”
Release Date: September 2023
Price: $140
1688240997225.png

Jordan Zion 3 “Mud, Sweat and Tears”
Release Date: October 2023
1688241084900.png

Jordan Zion 3 “Fresh Paint”
Release Date: November 2023
1688241155943.png

Jordan Zion 3 “Black/White”
Release Date: December 2023
1688241187949.png

I liked these in the video (some kind of optical illusion going on when rotated), but the pic itself makes them look so so.

1688223130675.png

But they really do have li-ning/chinese shoe vibes. Interested to see how they feel!
These and the mint colorway are my favorites. And honestly all the color ways are really nice except I’m not a fan of the all pinks though. I’m surprised these are so nice because this not the next shoe I expected for Zion. These remind me of the gt cut and Kobe nxt 360. I’m again, surprised the shoe is on the sleeker side as well. I just want this dude to have a healthy full season and reach his potential for his career because he can be a special player.

I'm looking at these and must say that's a huge leap away from the Zion 2, that shoe was pretty heavy looking, but very comfortable to wear, this shoe looks lightweight and very focused! Can't wait to try them on and. See what they have come up with, as of right now I'm eyeing a few of these colorways and truly like I'll get them.and them and then ,.... Oh look at those?

Back
Top Bottom