Jordans you can actually play basketball in.

Yesterday I tried playing ball in my new 16.5s and twisted my ankle twice (maybe I just suck but who knows). Does anyone actually use their Jordans to playball and not just for style?

Originally Posted by degenerazn

Yesterday I tried playing ball in my new 16.5s and twisted my ankle twice (maybe I just suck but who knows). Does anyone actually use their Jordans to play ball and not just for style?

I've used the XIV's, XVII's and XIII's. Not really happy with the performance. So I stick with my Nike Huaraches
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by degenerazn

Does anyone actually use their Jordans to play ball and not just for style?
yes, i play ball in my xix's all the time.

I tend to stay away from playing in the Jordan series. I've heard the 2009's weren't too bad. I played in the latest Melo shoe, that fits reallywell.

Some Jordans you can but you have to remember that some of the technology is outdated. However, the IIs, IIIs, IVs, VIs, IXs, XIs, XIIs, XIIIs, XIVs, XVI,XVII, XX, and XX3 are good money.

I've never balled in the XIX or XXI. All the others are just for show.

I dont see alot of people playing ball in jordans but I use my 2001 TB IIIs...they help me alot with my movements on the court...id also recommend the XIVs,IIs, and IXs

do not ball in team js....they are horrible...at least to me. i ball in 8's they are
pimp.gif
for ball. so are 12s, 4s, 19s and 3s..

clearly everyone has differing opinions because they are looking for different things...i highly doubt it is the 16.5's fault that your ankles are messed.I've played in XX3, XX, XVI, XV, XIV, XIII, XI. I did not like the XX3, XV or XIII but I liked the XIV, XVI and XX (especially the XIV).

XIVs are nice to play in. OG or retro. A lot of the earlier team J's were good to ball in too. The Team 1s were another good one!

I have stood by this for years and I think the Jordan XIII is the best shoe to ball in... great ankle support and confy. Have played for hours in them.

Another good shoe is the XXIII... AFTER U BREAK IT IN... the shoe is stiff @ first but once u get some plays in them they r an awesome shoe to ball aswel.

i've never had problems with the xiv's or the xii's but if you want shoes that guaranteed to not give u issues on the court get away from JB and goto the nike elitie series, they hyperizes are the best shoe i have ever played in

Originally Posted by tjames2582

i've never had problems with the xiv's or the xii's but if you want shoes that guaranteed to not give u issues on the court get away from JB and go to the nike elitie series, they hyperizes are the best shoe i have ever played in

Agree with him here. I thought the hyperdunks were amazing and then they brought out the hyperizes. Can't wait to see what Nike brings next.

16,17, 19se, 22..... Jordans are okay on the court, but out of numbered jordans these are the only ones that even come close to performance bball shoes

Originally Posted by b20 eg8

I have stood by this for years and I think the Jordan XIII is the best shoe to ball in... great ankle support and confy. Have played for hours in them.

Another good shoe is the XXIII... AFTER U BREAK IT IN... the shoe is stiff @ first but once u get some plays in them they r an awesome shoe to ball aswel.

dont you get the pain in the pinky toe when you wear them to play ball in?? i dont wear my 23s to ball in but when i wear them just to mess around in i getthis pain on my pinky toe and its only on the left foot. anyone else get this???

The Air Jordan XVII's with mesh toes (white/blue, black/silver) (NOT White/red) are amazing for basketball.

The XI's are also a great once you switch the insoles out. I put a full length zoom air insole in my XI's and they were the ultimate bball shoe.

I've played in the X, XII, XIII, XIV, XXII (player edition), and multiple team Jordans. They're pretty comfy but the PE 22s do allow for too much footmovement. I'm looking at getting the 16.5s and/or the Melo 6 to play in when the next F&F sale goes down.

Back
Top Bottom