Jose Bautista...

http://journals.lww.com/c..._Improve_Athletic.9.aspx
Objective: To conduct a critical appraisal of the literature to address the question of whether human growth hormone (HGH) improves performance in trained athletes.

Data Sources: Used PubMed using the search terms of growth hormone athletes and the reference lists of previous reviews of the subject.

Study Selection: Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study of exogenous HGH on muscle power in trained athletes. Only one study matched the search criteria.

Conclusion: There is no evidence of increased muscle strength with HGH in trained athletes.

I'm just saying common knowledge isn't always right...

in order to use HGH effectively it has to be used in combination, in cocktails and cycling on and off...

in order to use HGH effectively it has to be used in combination, in cocktails and cycling on and off...

Since Bautista has been brought up again, and the things I want to comment on are here Im bumping this thread.
Like Gunna said the HGH has to be used in a cocktail to have some of the more coveted performance enhancing effects.
That being said Bautista could be using it for strictly recovery.
HGH is always used in a recovery type form. Either older people are using it to get rid of aches and pains Body builders to enhance the affect that steroids have + add vascularity and baseball players to do one or both while getting through the grind of an 162+ game season.
He could be using he could not be. I got my doubts simply cause unless the man doesnt lift any sustained weight training would be apparent unless simply using to sustain previous gains usage.
Actually using steroids is a tricky thing, thats why guys like Victor Conte got paid. Based on my limited knowledge if hes full out using he could be using something like Stanozolol commonly known as Winstrol or in most athletes cases Winstrol Depot.
Hes not bloated, no weight rentention staying lean, and if he had sometype of prior knowledge and or some new masking agent he wouldnt test positive. The diet he would be on with a HGH Low dose testerone and Winstrol would not raise red flags to teammates coaches or anyone for that matter. He might be able to cycle on and off 2 times a season, and if it were used in a sustaining fashion he might be on it for 4 weeks at a time in addition to the masking agent.
Heck he could have just worked on his craft a whole lot. He could have worked on his craft and is using a test cream, and HGH to maintain. MLB could just not care right now.
All I know is that Bautista is a better player than he was when he was with the Pirates.
As for steroids in sports. Look after Balco I fully think that industry and inparticular keeping guys from testing positive went back to prefecting masking agents. HGH is still not tested for anywhere on a level that is actually valid.
http://articles.nydailyne...esting-hgh-blood-sample.
I also thought this was the well established reason that a Urine test wouldnt work consistantly on its own 2 feet.
Theu are eventually going to have to conceed that unless synthetic growth hormone has specific chemical markers which are still present during excretion they are never going to find out who is using that stuff.
Then they have to do the thing where they test to see if something like taking a legal water retention pill has any effect on the test results.
By now you have to see that its a losing proposition. At least I hope when you see the NFL and MLB testing for HGH next season you will see its a Joke.

Since Bautista has been brought up again, and the things I want to comment on are here Im bumping this thread.
Like Gunna said the HGH has to be used in a cocktail to have some of the more coveted performance enhancing effects.
That being said Bautista could be using it for strictly recovery.
HGH is always used in a recovery type form. Either older people are using it to get rid of aches and pains Body builders to enhance the affect that steroids have + add vascularity and baseball players to do one or both while getting through the grind of an 162+ game season.
He could be using he could not be. I got my doubts simply cause unless the man doesnt lift any sustained weight training would be apparent unless simply using to sustain previous gains usage.
Actually using steroids is a tricky thing, thats why guys like Victor Conte got paid. Based on my limited knowledge if hes full out using he could be using something like Stanozolol commonly known as Winstrol or in most athletes cases Winstrol Depot.
Hes not bloated, no weight rentention staying lean, and if he had sometype of prior knowledge and or some new masking agent he wouldnt test positive. The diet he would be on with a HGH Low dose testerone and Winstrol would not raise red flags to teammates coaches or anyone for that matter. He might be able to cycle on and off 2 times a season, and if it were used in a sustaining fashion he might be on it for 4 weeks at a time in addition to the masking agent.
Heck he could have just worked on his craft a whole lot. He could have worked on his craft and is using a test cream, and HGH to maintain. MLB could just not care right now.
All I know is that Bautista is a better player than he was when he was with the Pirates.
As for steroids in sports. Look after Balco I fully think that industry and inparticular keeping guys from testing positive went back to prefecting masking agents. HGH is still not tested for anywhere on a level that is actually valid.
http://articles.nydailyne...esting-hgh-blood-sample.
I also thought this was the well established reason that a Urine test wouldnt work consistantly on its own 2 feet.
Theu are eventually going to have to conceed that unless synthetic growth hormone has specific chemical markers which are still present during excretion they are never going to find out who is using that stuff.
Then they have to do the thing where they test to see if something like taking a legal water retention pill has any effect on the test results.
By now you have to see that its a losing proposition. At least I hope when you see the NFL and MLB testing for HGH next season you will see its a Joke.

is it really out of the realm of possibility that this guy actually figured it out and is just good ?

is it really out of the realm of possibility that this guy actually figured it out and is just good ?

Originally Posted by onewearz

I've realized that in this day and age normal people do not want to believe that others can be that much more talented at anything. These dudes are professional athletes. A couple hundred of them out of billions of people on the planet are at the top level.
laugh.gif
That's already some X-Men stuff. Why couldn't a few of them just be that much more talented than the rest? 

Originally Posted by onewearz

I've realized that in this day and age normal people do not want to believe that others can be that much more talented at anything. These dudes are professional athletes. A couple hundred of them out of billions of people on the planet are at the top level.
laugh.gif
That's already some X-Men stuff. Why couldn't a few of them just be that much more talented than the rest? 

This Home run derby will just help his swing, which is absolutely perfect for hitting bombs, so when some like Cano, Gonzalez, and probably Weeks, might suffer from this, it'll just help him, Papi and Fielder hit even more

This Home run derby will just help his swing, which is absolutely perfect for hitting bombs, so when some like Cano, Gonzalez, and probably Weeks, might suffer from this, it'll just help him, Papi and Fielder hit even more

I was laughing when he got that extension, but he's a steal....running away with the MVP

I was laughing when he got that extension, but he's a steal....running away with the MVP

Originally Posted by SCuse7

too bad the rest of the team sucks.. 
frown.gif

but i went to 2 games this year, and both the games he hit a jack
pimp.gif
 so it was worth the money even tho the jays lost 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

too bad the rest of the team sucks.. 
frown.gif

but i went to 2 games this year, and both the games he hit a jack
pimp.gif
 so it was worth the money even tho the jays lost 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom