Jose Calderon the 2nd best pg in the east. Billups is the best b/c he has prince, Rashweed, Rip,

Originally Posted by bjm5295

rondo_thumb350500.jpg

/thread

Took longer than I thought for the first Boston homer to post some stupid crap.

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

How the heck can Arenas bee a tweener at 6-4 215 lbs, that makes no sense, he is the same size of Wade! Raptors fans say the darnest things. Arenas is a PG just as Billups is a PG. 29 ppg 6 apg 4 rpg 2 spg sounds like elite stats to me.

Since when is Dwyane Wade a point gaurd?

Im sorry it's been a along time since volume shooters were considered good point gaurds.

Gil is a better player but I would rather have Calderon running my team.

Chauncy Billups (by a mile)
Gilbert Arenas

...THEN you can argue for him with the rest of the guards.

Devin Harris>Jose Calderon

laugh.gif
now? Maybe last season, but this season Jose's very efficient.

about the Gilbert comparison, it depends on how you're looking at it. Do you like scoring PGs? then best believe you'll like Gil better. but if youre trying to base it from ball distribution, court vision, etc, Jose takes it.

dont get it twisted though, i'd take Gil over him to start any team. Jose's a good PG to have in your team because you know he'll give 100% all the time (kinda like when Turiaf hustles his %%% when he's playing).

Asking if Calderon is the best PG in the east is like asking who is the smartest kid in the special ed class.

The fact that after Chauncey and Gilbert are mentioned, and no can come up with ANYONE else, is NOT a reflection of how good Calderon is. Its a reflection ofhow poor the east is. Dont get me wrong, Calderon is nice. He just isnt great. If someone was the best (or close to the best) PG in the entire conference, heshould be great. Calderon is not.

Is Calderon an efficient point guard? Yes he is. But in the grand scheme of things he is barely in the top 15 point guards in the entire league, if at all.

Originally Posted by dland24

Is Calderon an efficient point guard? Yes he is. But in the grand scheme of things he is barely in the top 15 point guards in the entire league, if at all.

Based on production from THIS year I would argue that statement.

But some folks just have more experience than he does and have been doing their job's for longer. This is his first year making noise so I agree withyou.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Smush Parker>Jose Calderon

indifferent.gif
i kno your probably joking but thats taking it too far
Calderon is a good point guard. He is having a good year, and he works in the Raptors system and the Raps are winning. He is still relatively young (26) and hewill develop, hopefully into a premier point guard. The thing people are missing is the Raps are getting wins with him and Calderon has been a major reason whythey are.

The point I was making is if Arenas was a SG he wouldn't even be undersized because him and Wade are almost the same size no one calls Wade an undersizedSG.

Last time I checked the most important stat for a point guard was assist?

Oh what is that? He leads the East in assist?

Highest FT%? Highest assist to turnover ratio? 9th in the league in FG%.

Last time I checked Gilbert wasn't a real point guard.

Billups IS better but, not by much. Jose's role is not to put up buckets, it's to distribute the ball.

TJ Ford is NOT a better PG than Calderon. TJ's decision making skills are doo doo. Sometimes I cringe when he has the ball in tight games.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Billups IS better but, not by much. Jose's role is not to put up buckets, it's to distribute the ball.

TJ Ford is NOT a better PG than Calderon. TJ's decision making skills are doo doo. Sometimes I cringe when he has the ball in tight games.

see my man that is where you're wrong and that is why fantasy bball is killing the out look on this game.

Assists are not the most important stat for a pg, or any of that other $*$% you mentioned... WINNING is.

I mean you say Billups is not by much... get the @*$* outta here.

Billups is the better point guard and it is not even close. I mean how can you compare a guy who has put up some ok #s in the $*$% *@! eastern conference toa proven championship MVP point guard.

And Gil is better also. Gil does what it takes to win. I mean Gilbert is a scoring pg. He is not a distributing point guard, but is still a point guard. Hetakes the ball up, it is hjust that his first priority is to score because that is where he is best at. Because that is how he helps his team win.

And Calderon is not even close to Gilbert as on overall point guard also.

Like i said. Calderon has had people become so crazy by how underated he is, that people are trying to overate him and put hi in elite class which he isnot,'

1. Billups

2. Arenas

3. Because the east is so pathetic i would day either Jose or mo Williams

I was waiting for a mention of Mo. If he was on a good team that needs a PG, they'd be a contender. Put him on Denver, they're a contender. MaybeI'm a homer for Mo William's game, but he's a really good all around player.

THE GR8 wrote:

see my man that is where you're wrong and that is why fantasy bball is killing the out look on this game.

Assists are not the most important stat for a pg, or any of that other $*$% you mentioned... WINNING is.

laugh.gif
What kind of loopy Robert Horry logic is this?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

THE GR8 wrote:

laugh.gif

greta example of Toronto fans' dillusion and the impact of the fantasy bball. The PG is a leader and just like a QB his prime example is to getwins.Whether that means scoring or passinfg or whatever. Just like a QB is a runner or a thrower, power or accuracy. It is ALL about Ws and Ls. Those are the onlystats that matter at the end of the day. Gil does more to help his team win and is way better than Jose.

Like i said he cannot be compared to those 2 (Chauncey and Gil)

Than cause the east sucks you got the above average players as #3 the Mo Williams and Jose Calderons

They arre nice players but no where near all star or elite.

I'm not blinded by stats. Like I said, I trust Jose with the ball more than TJ. When TJ was out we were WINNING.

Bilups has not always been on a Championship status team. Yes he is better. Billups won FINALS mvp. AKA of the 2 Teams that played in the Finals who was themost valuable player. I'm not even saying he's not better, he's just not a GOD to Jose like you're putting it.

For gilbert, so if you're a undersized SG that carries the ball past half court you are automatically a PG?

I never said the East wasn't garbage either.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

THE GR8 wrote:

laugh.gif

greta example of Toronto fans' dillusion and the impact of the fantasy bball. The PG is a leader and just like a QB his prime example is to getwins. Whether that means scoring or passinfg or whatever. Just like a QB is a runner or a thrower, power or accuracy. It is ALL about Ws and Ls. Those are the only stats that matter at the end of the day. Gil does more to help his team win and is way better than Jose.

Like i said he cannot be compared to those 2 (Chauncey and Gil)

Than cause the east sucks you got the above average players as #3 the Mo Williams and Jose Calderons

They arre nice players but no where near all star or elite.

laugh.gif
Stop it, please.

All imm gonna say ia how can you think Jose Calderon is elite?

There are 2 PGs that are all-star caliber in the east, Chauncey and Gilbery

The rest or either above average or average or mediocre or just plain bad

Wow how is Arenas an undersized SG? First of all he isn't a sg and if he was a sg he wouldn't be undersized because he is 6-4 215 lbs. Arenas gets over6 asts a night how is that not a PG? On top of that he can get you 30 pts a night 4 rpgs and 2 stls per game.

I forgot to mention Calderon is one of the worse defenders in the NBA. Devin Harris>Calderon

PG's better than Caldy in the East

Arenas
Billups
Mo Williams
Devin Harris

Caldy is efficient but Raptors fans overrate him. I like his offensive game but no way is he a franchise player like Arenas or Billups.

I'm anxious to see the 14 you rank ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom