June Wrestling Thread 2021 | AEW | Sasha Banks is JOTM

Favorite Show This Year?

• Total voters

This is wild man. I love reading this type of stuff when it surfaces so many years later.

If she knew a lick about pro wrestling she wouldn't of buried herself
I hope one day someone that loves wrestling is able to have control of "The Worldwide Leader in Sports Entertainment." NTWT

The current leadership has to go man..
The faction that runs this thread and keeps sneakily swapping out ownership has to go. Drain the swamp.

Last edited:
This is wild man. I love reading this type of stuff when it surfaces so many years later.

If she knew a lick about pro wrestling she wouldn't of buried herself

much better now
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
@degenerate423
@Case
Peep Game Peep Game
@King of Trash Style
@JCMojica24
Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison

Slamborre 1996: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=1619&page=2
Booker T & Road Warrior Animal vs. Lex Luger & Road Warrior Hawk
Notice how Lex Luger is petrified of the Road Warriors whenever they interact. Something told me some funny business was going to happen where we would end up NOT seeing Hawk vs. Animal take place.

Chris Benoit & The Taskmaster (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock)
A Public Enemy = Zzz. Why are they allowed to use International Objects right in front of refs without being disqualified? I figured Benoit and Sullivan were going to get into it at SOME point. They fooled us.

Rick Steiner & The Booty Man (w/The Booty Babe) vs. Sgt. Craig Pittman (w/Teddy Long) & Scott Steiner
Got DAMN Kimberly. Enjoyed this match a lot. Rick Steiner got dropped on his head a few times here, especially by Pittman. Rick got him back with the vicious clothesline though. The fans were hyped when they got Rick vs. Scott. Good back and forth there. Excellent tag work from Pittman/Scott, very frequent tags. Bobby Heenan was funny as hell during this match. “Damn good match.”

Jim Duggan & VK Wallstreet vs. The Blue Bloods (Lord Steven Regal & Squire David Taylor) (w/Jeeves)
Dave Taylor sold the hell out of that taped fist. :lol:

Alex Wright & Disco Inferno vs. Earl Robert Eaton (w/Jeeves) & **** Slater (w/Col. Robert Parker)
Dirt D. Slater was getting a lot of love from the announce team. I wonder why that was the case.

Diamond Dallas Page & The Barbarian vs. The Dungeon Of Doom (Hugh Morrus & Meng)
Lord Of The Ring First Round Tag Team Match
Big Bubba & Stevie Ray vs. Fire And Ice (Ice-Train & Scott Norton)
Fire and Ice crushed Big Bubba man. He was fed to the dogs here. They are looking better and better the more experience they get as a tag-team.

Lord Of The Ring First Round Tag Team Match
Arn Anderson & Eddie Guerrero vs. Randy Savage & Ric Flair (w/Miss Elizabeth & Woman)
:lol: We knew what was going to happen here. A whole lot of craziness.

WCW World Cruiserweight Title Match
Dean Malenko (c) vs. Brad Armstrong
Dean Malenko was like a damn surgeon during this match the way operated on damn Brad Armstrong. The fans sat on their hands during this match but this was wrestling. Kevin Sullivan always talks about how good Brad Armstrong was so whenever I get a chance to see him work, I tend to appreciate it more and more as I get older. Excellent way to finish the match with a non-finisher. (We rarely see that in modern wrestling (clean finishes)). I wish Mike Tenay worked this match as well.

Nothing worth noting in the “Lord Of The Ring Semi Final Tag Team Matches.”

WCW United States Heavyweight Title Match
Konnan (c) vs. Jushin Thunder Liger (w/Sonny Onoo)
You know I was looking forward to this. Before I say anything, I couldn’t imagine having to sit through this match without the expertise of Mike Tenay. He really made the international matches POP during his early days in WCW. The crowd wasn’t as alive for this match as I hoped but it was still a solid match. Konnan’s dropkick to the knee that counter Liger’s Plancha was SO perfectly timed.Again, Mike Tenay was so good here and he really elevated the overall quality of the match.

Lord Of The Ring Final Battle Royal
Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Barbarian vs. Scott Norton vs. Rocco Rock vs. Earl Robert Eaton vs. Ice-Train vs. **** Slater (w/Col. Robert Parker) vs. Johnny Grunge
The Dimaond Cutter Stored Finisher sequence was funny, I was expecting him to get big BArbarian too. Barbarian crushed DDP with that Piledriver, my goodness. The Diamond Cutter used to look weak as hell before he made it a “thing.”

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Sting (w/Lex Luger)
Outside of the interference goofiness, I really messed with this match. Sting played the underdog well here and when he was able to get some offense going, the crowd definitely woke up. I agree with Dusty though, there is no way Jimmy Hart should have been able to overpower Luger in that tussle.

Overall, OK PPV. The Tag-Tournament was 1 round too long IMO but I have always liked the concept of IT. They made it too obvious with pairing up so many tag-partners in opposition though.
2/5 PPV for me. The main event and the international match were the only highlights for me. Crowd was def out of it for the technical matches.
Some sort of suplex driver was used in that international match.

012F0D1B-9621-4563-9A32-EC98D7CFF96A.jpeg

who the **** is killian dane? dont nobody know who the **** he is.

now this list of released talent looks reasonable not like the other list with braun, black, joe, and lana.

I really enjoy Hangman as a face. I thought A&W did him a disservice by feeding him to Jericho for the title coronation. He's bounced back well though, def think he should be the one to take it off of Omega.

who the **** is killian dane? dont nobody know who the **** he is.

now this list of released talent looks reasonable not like the other list with braun, black, joe, and lana.

You're mad that I was able to name all those NXT names, make better points next time how about that lol

Forgot suns clippers was on ESPN, Turned to tnt real quick and watched a quick minute of that wrestling show ya like…… :rofl::sick:

Back
Top Bottom