Just bought a new puppy! Tips needed!

omg i think my puppy has a separation anxiety......... he KEEPS on crying and its so annoying its driving me crazy and i couldnt even sleep last night.......

how long is this going to last.... i tried to ignore his cry but it makes me so sad because it sounds like hes in pain.

omg i think my puppy has a separation anxiety......... he KEEPS on crying and its so annoying its driving me crazy and i couldnt even sleep last night.......

how long is this going to last.... i tried to ignore his cry but it makes me so sad because it sounds like hes in pain.

Mine stopped after about two weeks, with less crying after the first week.

It's tough, but just gotta ignore it. If he realizes that you'll come if he cries, he'll keep doing it.

We also had the radio on near where he sleeps. That kinda helped.

Last edited:

sadface.gif

We had the same prob till I got him a doggie bed and put it in the corner of our room now he sleeps all through the night

The first week or 2 is gonna be hard man... You need to keep strong and keep with the crate training... I got some videos of my pup when he first came home getting upset when we simply put a gate between him and ourselves in the living room...

Dont even get me started on how loud he was when he was in his crate to begin with... I didn't sleep a single wink for the first 2 nights... Dont let him in your bed if you're going to crate train correctly.

Hes upset because hes been removed from his siblings and in a new environment... He wants to be with you now where your sleeping

One thing that helped us was moving the mattress out into the living room next to his crate so he could see us... he still cried a bit but hed fall asleep for a couple hours at a time. 

Dont nurture his crying... If you show him that he'll get attention by throwing a fit... Hes going to keep throwing fits.

Do you guys feed your dogs people food cause my friend's fam feed their dogs reg food most of the time and they seem fine to me

introduce your puppy to new people and other dogs early...get 'em socialized early

This. Just adopted a choco lab last year and he either wasn't socialized with other dogs properly or was treated like sh*t wherever he came from. Been a lot of work and need to be hyper vigilant when he's around other dogs.

Cooked or raw?

raw, crack up the shell and throw it in there too.

fish oil will also keep their coats nice and shiny

to the dude who purchased a big kennel.. you dont have to return/sell it.. measure enough room for the dog to walk in and be able to turn around comfortably.. and maybe a tad bit more room if you feed your dogs in their kennel. you can set up a divider to block off the rest of the space, most kennels come with them now.

Last edited:
Shoot thanks for the tips also, some i didn't know and some I've been doing by accident. Haha

Nope just dog food unless he has isn't feelin good then he gets boiled chicken and rice

SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS, SHOTS ASAP. Parvo is serious, especially in young pups. Almost lost my 5 month old to it.

Back
Top Bottom