Just got my Dream Car!! And I would like to share my history of vehicles. Vol. 2jz? No $&@*!!

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

finnns2003 wrote: 

i see these cars everyday along with Evo III's IV's and V's. Also,every skyline you can imagine. Still appreciated tho
Somewhere with JDM cars I assume?

yeye the Caribbean 
Yes..In Jamaica there are a load of JDM cars on the road (Altezzas, Supras, Civic Type R, etc).  My uncle has a car business there where he gets cars directly from Japan and sells them in JA.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

finnns2003 wrote: 

yeye the Caribbean 
Yes..In Jamaica there are a load of JDM cars on the road (Altezzas, Supras, Civic Type R, etc).  My uncle has a car business there where he gets cars directly from Japan and sells them in JA.

Yah when I was in the Caymans I saw alot of skylines and supras.  Like they were just normal cars.  It was crazy. 

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

finnns2003 wrote: 

yeye the Caribbean 

Yah when I was in the Caymans I saw alot of skylines and supras.  Like they were just normal cars.  It was crazy. 

a lot of the shops in florida have connects with the islands
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

No comparison. Porsche turbo any year is better than a TT supra.With that said, i guess the supras cool. Id rather have an nsx if i had to get a classic *** import, i see a lot of guyanese heads withbsupras arround my way.
You're right, no comparison, Supra TT spanks a Porsche with a lot of cash left over.
laugh.gif

No comparison. Porsche turbo any year is better than a TT supra.With that said, i guess the supras cool. Id rather have an nsx if i had to get a classic *** import, i see a lot of guyanese heads withbsupras arround my way.
You're right, no comparison, Supra TT spanks a Porsche with a lot of cash left over.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif

Stock? Alright sir.Price was never the discussion. A better car is a better car.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif

Stock? Alright sir.Price was never the discussion. A better car is a better car.

Originally Posted by akm2tan

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

one of my dream cars as well. well before fast and furious.
Yah the movie really put a negative look to the car.
Nonsense.

Originally Posted by novaflight

Is this why this car seems to be so popular and elusive?
Excuse my ignorance but I know little to nothing about cars.
It wasn't very popular at all when it was released. Consumers simply weren't interested in a $45k+(plenty of 50-55k+) turbocharged Japanese vehicles. By '97, Toyota was having a hard time giving them away, and dropped the MSRP by over $10k...

Nonsense.

It wasn't very popular at all when it was released. Consumers simply weren't interested in a $45k+(plenty of 50-55k+) turbocharged Japanese vehicles. By '97, Toyota was having a hard time giving them away, and dropped the MSRP by over $10k...

Originally Posted by THockey66

Nonsense.

The movie is the main reason these are popular and have extraordinarily high resale. These joints were gathering dust until 2001

Nonsense.

The movie is the main reason these are popular and have extraordinarily high resale. These joints were gathering dust until 2001

japans mlit (like a DOT for the US) limited thier cars factory rated HP to 276 but the 2jz is known to push far beyond 500+ whp on a stock bottom end

not knocking a porshe but that straight-6 iron block twin turbo engine aint nothing to #@!& with, they only thing better is the RB
grin.gif

japans mlit (like a DOT for the US) limited thier cars factory rated HP to 276 but the 2jz is known to push far beyond 500+ whp on a stock bottom end

not knocking a porshe but that straight-6 iron block twin turbo engine aint nothing to #@!& with, they only thing better is the RB
grin.gif

Nonsense.

I wouldnt say its the main reason.  But yes it did educate people what the Supra was.  The Supra was still very popular along with the rx7 and skyline being the elite of *** imports, and they mainly collected dust do to the SUV craze.  What I meant was the movie showed the ricey side and how you can make the car look like a trapper keeper, and even though it was a trend (which I never got into) I never cared for it.  I just hated the flamboyant colors, underbody lights, altezza lights, NOS. 

Nonsense.

I wouldnt say its the main reason.  But yes it did educate people what the Supra was.  The Supra was still very popular along with the rx7 and skyline being the elite of *** imports, and they mainly collected dust do to the SUV craze.  What I meant was the movie showed the ricey side and how you can make the car look like a trapper keeper, and even though it was a trend (which I never got into) I never cared for it.  I just hated the flamboyant colors, underbody lights, altezza lights, NOS. 

laugh.gif
OP are you Asian ? By the way is that in Corona , CA ?

Sweet Ride. It's going to be somewhat of a pain to maintain that 15 years old car though. My nextdoor neighbor used to own a 96 Supras twin turbo. Head breaker though nonetheless

laugh.gif

Sweet Ride. It's going to be somewhat of a pain to maintain that 15 years old car though. My nextdoor neighbor used to own a 96 Supras twin turbo. Head breaker though nonetheless

Originally Posted by KenJi714

laugh.gif

Im Filipino.  The suby pics are from Anchorage Alaska.  The rest are in phoenix az. Im ok with the maintenance I knew that would be a challenge when I bought it.  I really want to learn the vehicle in and out.  Its not gonna be my primary vehicle so im good. 

Originally Posted by KenJi714

laugh.gif

Im Filipino.  The suby pics are from Anchorage Alaska.  The rest are in phoenix az. Im ok with the maintenance I knew that would be a challenge when I bought it.  I really want to learn the vehicle in and out.  Its not gonna be my primary vehicle so im good. 

Very nice man! Growing up it was either the Supra TT, GTR, or M3 as my dream car. I took the cop out road with the M3.

Very nice man! Growing up it was either the Supra TT, GTR, or M3 as my dream car. I took the cop out road with the M3.

Back
Top Bottom