Just Graduated & at a Crossroads........

Originally Posted by ATL Candy Man

This is a good option but I don't want to be hired for next to nothing then the economy rebounds & I am left making less than someone doing the same work.

I don't really follow this reasoning. Later on, you can find a higher paying job while working, matter of fact, it's easier to find a job when you already have one.

Also, any experience will put you ahead of the next guy who doesn't have any.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Really hard for me to believe you have degrees in Applied Physics and Industrial Engineering and can't find a decent job. I'm an industrial engineering major myself.

Industrial Engineering is the weakest area out of all the engineering disciplines IMO...my cousin's boyfriend graduated from Cornell with an Industrial Engineering degree and he's been bagging stuff at Target for the past two years since he graduated but he recently got a temporary research position. The job market is tough and that area usually gets the least funding at most universities.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Really hard for me to believe you have degrees in Applied Physics and Industrial Engineering and can't find a decent job. I'm an industrial engineering major myself.

Industrial Engineering is the weakest area out of all the engineering disciplines IMO...my cousin's boyfriend graduated from Cornell with an Industrial Engineering degree and he's been bagging stuff at Target for the past two years since he graduated but he recently got a temporary research position. The job market is tough and that area usually gets the least funding at most universities.

Industrial Engineer  = Imaginary Engineer ..

nah jk .. I know an IE that works for JP Morgan as a financial analyst.. your internships really have a huge factor in what you end up doing full-time unless you go in a completely different direction

Industrial Engineer  = Imaginary Engineer ..

nah jk .. I know an IE that works for JP Morgan as a financial analyst.. your internships really have a huge factor in what you end up doing full-time unless you go in a completely different direction

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

How do you have two hard majors and yet didn't manage to land a job? And you're black too? You either didn't apply to anything or have a beyond abysmal GPA
Yes I am black...I had a 2.95 overall GPA...I applied for a job with P&G but didn't get it

How do you have two hard majors and yet didn't manage to land a job? And you're black too? You either didn't apply to anything or have a beyond abysmal GPA
Yes I am black...I had a 2.95 overall GPA...I applied for a job with P&G but didn't get it

How do you have two hard majors and yet didn't manage to land a job? And you're black too? You either didn't apply to anything or have a beyond abysmal GPA.

Yes I am black...I had a 2.95 overall GPA...I applied for a job with P&G but did not receive it.

How do you have two hard majors and yet didn't manage to land a job? And you're black too? You either didn't apply to anything or have a beyond abysmal GPA.

Yes I am black...I had a 2.95 overall GPA...I applied for a job with P&G but did not receive it.

Being a student as well whos still in school I have 1 question,

Why arent you graduates looking for a job before you graduate? I dont get it

Being a student as well whos still in school I have 1 question,

Why arent you graduates looking for a job before you graduate? I dont get it

I don't believe this guy. How can you be stuck at step 1 after you graduated? You should have been thinking about all this stuff at the beginning of your senior year and I would still consider that a little late.

I don't believe this guy. How can you be stuck at step 1 after you graduated? You should have been thinking about all this stuff at the beginning of your senior year and I would still consider that a little late.

^^I was planning to go straight to law school, but then everyone jumped in saying I need to get a job so I stopped studying for the LSAT & everything passed me by

^^I was planning to go straight to law school, but then everyone jumped in saying I need to get a job so I stopped studying for the LSAT & everything passed me by

So basically you got lazy and procrastinated. Homie, you can study for the LSAT while trying to find a job. More likely than not, you did a lot of sitting around and planning but no actual doing. 

So basically you got lazy and procrastinated. Homie, you can study for the LSAT while trying to find a job. More likely than not, you did a lot of sitting around and planning but no actual doing. 

@40inchBoost I was studying for the LSAT so I could go to law school, but everyone jumped in saying I need to go & get a job so I stopped and by that time alot of companies were pretty much done hiring

@40inchBoost I was studying for the LSAT so I could go to law school, but everyone jumped in saying I need to go & get a job so I stopped and by that time alot of companies were pretty much done hiring

Back
Top Bottom