just seen Law Abiding Citizen and Taking of Pelham 123

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Originally Posted by handullz

Jaime Foxx and Denzel Washington are the top two black actors... followed closely by Will Smith...
why can't they just be two of the best actors period?

look at what i said... the two top...

they are not the two top...

i think both would be in top 5...

but you got cats like mel gibson, brad pitt, and john travolta...

i forgot about don cheadle and samuel l jackson for honorable mention, too...

and besides... i'm black... i get a pass... lol...

j/k... i keed, i keed...

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Law Abiding Citizen is one of the most underrated films of 2009. I thought it was excellent.
I agree. Although I was slightly disappointed with the ending. Have yet to see The Taking of Pelham 123 but Denzel is still that dude so I'msure it delivers. I'm waitin' for that Book of Eli flick to drop. "Put that hand on me again, you won't get it back".
laugh.gif

I loved Law Abiding Citizen, I was blown away when I saw it. Pelham 123 was real dope but I think the way Travolta's character ended was a huge reach. Hehad such a lead but then gets caught? How is that possible? If you been to NY then you know it's some BS how that ended.

Law Abiding Citizen was dope but I didn't care too much for Pelham 123. Gerard Butler's acting was wayyyy better than Jamie's though, kinda lost onthat assessment that Jamie was excellent in that movie. Now The Soloist..... Jamie KILLED that role. Denzel does play the same type of character in almostevery movie, but he does it damn good. I can't wait to see him kicking $@@ in Book Of Eli
laugh.gif

Law Abiding Citizen was trash.
I refuse to believe that the dude wouldn't
Spoiler [+]
have a fail safe device on that bomb/have a contingency plan

LAC was fun but the entire plot was much too ridiculous.
Pelham 123.. eh.. never watched and won't watch; seems like a movie I've seen at least a dozen times before..

handullz:
alotta of Denzel's roles are similar....
I know, right? His character in Training Day was so similar to his role in He Got Game, which was practically a carbon copy of his character inGlory. And all of those roles were pretty much just the same as his role in Antwone Fisher, and that was just a cheap re-write of his role in AmericanGangster, which was practically just a prequel to John Q. Then there's Philadelphia, Man on Fire, and Remember the Titans, which were all just more of thesame.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

handullz:
alotta of Denzel's roles are similar....
I know, right? His character in Training Day was so similar to his role in He Got Game, which was practically a carbon copy of his character in Glory. And all of those roles were pretty much just the same as his role in Antwone Fisher, and that was just a cheap re-write of his role in American Gangster, which was practically just a prequel to John Q. Then there's Philadelphia, Man on Fire, and Remember the Titans, which were all just more of the same.

Ether

and.... woooooow....

Jaime Foxx and Denzel Washington are the top two black actors... followed closely by Will Smith...

and i really think Jaime Foxx takes over the top spot...

both of these movies were great...

no pole jockin...

but i look forward to a movie that stars them...
LAC - of of Jamie Foxx worst performance as an actor
123 - We seen denzel do this same type of stuff numerous time

I think you are smoking - go back to the chubbie chasing thread ..,

LAC had me on the edge the whole time. I haven't see Taking Pelham or whatever, but I heard its not nearly as good.

Both definately good actors, but when I watch a Denzel movie, I always get the sense that I'm watching Denzel being a cop, Denzel being a villain etc etc(you know, the thumb-to-lip-brush, the "my man"), whereas Jaime is more of a chameleon...he really changes into the character he portrays.

Hope that makes sense to you guys..

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

honestly, how many contenders are there???
No love for Don Cheadle, Chiwetel Ejiofor, or Terrance Howard?

LAC was so corny and predictable, how anyone found that to be a "great" movie is beyond me.
laugh.gif

Original Pelham was a great movie, the remake was average at best.

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

and.... woooooow....

and i really think Jaime Foxx takes over the top spot...

both of these movies were great...

no pole jockin...

but i look forward to a movie that stars them...
LAC - of of Jamie Foxx worst performance as an actor
123 - We seen denzel do this same type of stuff numerous time

I think you are smoking - go back to the chubbie chasing thread ..,

daaaamn, son... you watchin close...

first nikeStalker on the team...

pimp.gif

wish it coulda been a chick outta the big girl appreciation thread, though...

lol....

eek.gif

I honestly just saw these two movies last week in the same order.

I enjoyed both but Law Abiding Citizen was bomb

Originally Posted by Theta

both those movies were crap

Although I don't agree, they were both far from impressive. Also Jamie Fox's acting has always been meh I dunno.

I havent seen law abiding citizen or taking of pelham 123 but i heard they were both bad before i read the same here. I dont think jamie foxx is a good actorat all. I dont think hes as bad as someone like mark wahlberg, but he isnt and will never be on denzels level. Every squirrel finds a nut, case in point, cubagooding jrs career. Man made some classics with great acting but overall hes a decent actor. Same as foxx. Consistancy makes a great actor, not a few greatmovies.

LAC was OK... just too unbelievable......How the hell did he place bombs under 5-10 Cars without being caught on some type of surveillance camera? I mean, theywere in the parking lot of a Police station...
laugh.gif

And how did Jamie know that he would detonate the Bomb when he got back to his Jail Cell?...He could have Detonated it while he was still in the utility Vanand then Jamie would have been blown to pieces...

Back
Top Bottom