Just started collecting any suggestions

Just make sure you wear what you got. If they just sit there on ice they wont be a good investment unless you plan on waiting a long time to sell em.

Originally Posted by rockinjs23

Hello NT i just started my jordan collecting in 2008 so far i have a pair of 8's orange blaze, Fire red V's, oly flag VI's, 3/20 cdp, cool grey spizikes, and some i.e xi in white and blue, like the title says anysuggestions for a new sneakerhead

Ebay does have VERY educational guides written by jordan die-hards that will help you avoid fakes. Take some time and read them. They'll teach you how tospot cons. Most importantly, buy what YOU like not what will be worth the most in a few years.

Originally Posted by MethRer1A

Originally Posted by Untitled

stop while you can....

sneaker "collecting" is thousands of dollars wasted on shoes that could go into something alot better....

agree

but you should check out the buy/sell forum
lol for real i think were all witness

-don't fall into the hype of a shoe.
-prioritize the kicks you want because you are gonna fall into a black hole of shoe collecting.
-develop a budget.
-watch who you buy from, make sure they have good feedback.
-look for deals and discounts because they're plenty out there.

i consider for you to STOP because its a lot of money and its addicting. Save yourself Lots of MONEY MONEY!!

First off Do not purchase anything from Ebay!!! Most j's on ebay are fakes! I learned the hard way. Also
Purchase the kicks you really want and if you really have the dough purcahse 2 pair! 1 to rock and 1 to stash.
early j's 1-13 are the ones that will go up in value. What ever you do sport the kicks! dont just buy a pair and store'm. You'll regret after awhile. Thats what there for to wear!!

-ponyboy
devil.gif

Originally Posted by CSDsofaKing

These are the new HOTNESS!
roll.gif
People are right it can beexpensive, but you have to wear shoes so why not wear hot ones, and your shoes will maintain and perhaps gain value over the years so TAKE CARE OF THEM. Decidea number you do not want to go over say 50, 100 or 200 pairs whatever it may be. Focus on obtaining your grails and things you like, dont buy something becauseits cheap or you think you are getting a good deal buy it because you like it. And lastly as I have learned the hard way, try and stay away from shoes that arenot at least NDS, nothing is worse than the feeling of opening a package and seeing a pair of beaters when for 100 dollars more you could have gotten a freshpair.

Originally Posted by CSDsofaKing

These are the new HOTNESS!
I was laughing cause I thought it was sarcastic. Little I did I realize it is you who has been posting these atrocities everywhere..

Originally Posted by ponyboy

First off Do not purchase anything from Ebay!!! Most j's on ebay are fakes! I learned the hard way. Also
Purchase the kicks you really want and if you really have the dough purcahse 2 pair! 1 to rock and 1 to stash.
early j's 1-13 are the ones that will go up in value. What ever you do sport the kicks! dont just buy a pair and store'm. You'll regret after a while. Thats what there for to wear!!

-ponyboy
devil.gif
im sure basically everyone on here has bought off of ebay myself included and have never bought a fake..learning how to sniff out the fakes is animportant skill however

Originally Posted by ponyboy

early j's 1-13 are the ones that will go up in value. What ever you do sport the kicks! dont just buy a pair and store'm. You'll regret after a while. Thats what there for to wear!!

-ponyboy
devil.gif
That's why there's a legit check forum.

I just started as well...only buying what I like anyway, but that is some good advice. I'd never get anything for completion's sake.

Was looking over the legit retailer list in the legit check forum. It was a lot to go through all of the links to find the best places...some just sell SB,some are broken links, some very limited sizes (I wear 14).

I managed to find citysole, pick your shoes, and flightclub. Are there other big retailers along these lines?

legit/fake forum is gonna become your best friend. know your *%#! before you buy anything anywhere from ebay etc. don't go for everything you see, buy whatyou like only. if you don't like something everything else calls "heat" then don't get them. save the money. every jordan shoe differs infit, so take that into consideration before you get them. og's are more true to size in earlier models, newer ones xvi-xxiii tend to be more narrow, so igo 1/2 bigger if possible.

If your going to use ebay, be sure you know what your doing. Lots of fakes out there, especially on ebay. Make sure theyve got legit feedback and check theirhistory.

Your best bet for buying jordans or any shoes is to know the right people. Establish connections and youll be set.

Originally Posted by Untitled

stop while you can....

sneaker "collecting" is thousands of dollars wasted on shoes that could go into something alot better....
QFT.

It might be fun to collect Sneakers/Jordan, but this hobby is very expensive.

Listen to what a lot of people say on here. Buy what you like, wear your kicks, and don't feed into the hype (Unlike me when I first started now I haveshoes that I really don't want. Wish I would of found NT sooner). Also be prepared for a lot of ups and downs like dealing with resellers, finding the realJ's on ebay, and some broke pockets.

"collecting" is only for the fortunate. unless you're ballin' like jim jones explains, then you're wasting your time and money. you got 2feet, and collecting does nothing but drain your wallet. just wear the shoes you get, but just take care of them. you save up money and you spend money toenjoy the luxuries in life. not to buy something that just catches dust, stored somewhere in your house. i got a few friends that are already selling theircollections because they keep telling me that they should've just spent their money on something else better like a car or to move out their parent'shouse. haha, some people may have the nicest kicks, but they probably still live with their parents.

If you're not worry about your money, buy what you like. It gets very expensive after a while. I fall into the hype 3 years ago and I have over 100 pairsDS in my closet just collecting dust. With tough economy like this, think wisely!

Back
Top Bottom