Justin Timberlake - "Man of the Woods" New Album

This album ain't for me at all. :lol:

This is some white men outdoorsy, flannel shirt, country ****. Clearly he made this for a certain crowd. I thought Waves and Montana was good, that's it. He wasted the Neptunes.

Still crying at the Pitchfork review. :rofl:

They also killed Ed Sheeran's last album too which I thought was solid.

It's honestly not THAT bad but it's absolutely his weakest album for sure. Some of the production is absolutely stellar, though. :nthat:

Came into the thread before listening to the full album, so went in with low expectations. With that being said, it was better than I thought but not entirely what I was hoping from JT.

Had to run back Higher, higher a few times tho :pimp:

Listened 2-3 times through now.. I'm feelin it. The only couple songs I could care less for are sauce and waves- the beas just feel really uninspired/unfinished Neptunes mumble jumble. Outside of that, I'm cool with the folkish type songs. Higher higher in the whip :smokin

Higher Higher is the only song worth downloading onto my phone.
Everything else is so bad to me. Maybe not bad to others thats cool i wont rag on anyone else tastes, but this **** is trash to my ears.

Going back to FS/LS.

Current album SO trash that he didn't even perform any songs from it at the SB. All that needs to be said, really. LOL

Man of the Woods is underwhelming overall but "Higher, Higher" is the goods, man. Song had me like this

200-5-2.gif

man, I thought for sure he'd do Sauce.
Halftime show wasn't bad but it wasn't as elaborate as I usually come to expect.

Filthy, Higher Higher, Supplies, Montana, Breeze Off the Pond...all are jams to me. Excited to take my girl to his show at the UC in March....and maybe again in October.

^Same! I'll be at the UC too. Not sure if im going to make the October show. I guess it depends on how good the first show is...Hopefully he puts out more material for that leg of the tour.

I think people are being overly critical just to be critical and I can understand some of the hate, but man this album is really fun. Truthfully there's only two tracks that I'm whatever about. Filthy is still just that to me. It's better in the ride and full volume, but still very lackluster and Wave is just flat out terrible, but past that there's some really good songs on there and some of the best Neptunes production in a minute. I dig it. And it's miles better than 20/20 part 2.

Welcome to 90% of music reviews on NT these days.

Very, VERY disappointed with this new album. Part 1 of the '20/20 Experience' is an absolute classic. "Strawberry Bubblegum" alone is ****ting on every song on 'Man of the Woods'.

Yeah, MOTW just isn't very good. Production is there, but song execution is missing. Two forgettable albums in a row.

Back
Top Bottom