Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

^ I always liked it. It has some groundbreaking songs but it also had some boring *** songs. That album would have been better if it had been done only by Timbaland and Danja. That's why I prefer this album. It has a cohesive sound, just Timb and J Mac on this one.

^ I always liked it. It has some groundbreaking songs but it also had some boring *** songs. That album would have been better if it had been done only by Timbaland and Danja. That's why I prefer this album. It has a cohesive sound, just Timb and J Mac on this one.
Completely agree. The songs not produced my Timbo on FS/LS are completely forgettable and skippable.

Completely agree. The songs not produced my Timbo on FS/LS are completely forgettable and skippable.
^

Tim pretty much did all FS/LS, minus 2 songs...

Probably just me but "Damn Girl" was one of my initial favorites when the album dropped.
And "Another Song" which Rick Rubin produced was as well, that joint is beautiful.

Last edited:
^

Tim pretty much did all FS/LS, minus 2 songs...

Probably just me but "Damn Girl" was one of my initial favorites when the album dropped.
And "Another Song" which Rick Rubin produced was as well, that joint is beautiful.
Dang, I didn't know Rick Rubin produced that track.  It's hot fire.  

Is FS/LS really that good? Aside from What Goes Around, My Love, Summer Love, Chop Me Up, and Losing My Way, I couldn't get into it.
I have to agree. All 3 are great albums, but people treat FS/LS like it's God. IMO 20/20 is much better. Summer Love, My Love, What Goes Around, Set the Mood, and Until The End of Time were amazing, but everything else was just good. Not great, not bad, good.

This. The official music video tho.
there are songs which I like and can F with, but when I see the music video - it'll grow on me even more.

"Mirrors" did that. Like the fact that the video reflected the love his grandparents had for each other.

FInally got around to this last night. CD is GREAT.

Spaceship Coupe
Pusher Love Girl
Strawberry Bubblegum (especially the 2nd half)
That Girl
Suit & Tie

Are the standouts for me, but the whole record is gooooood stuff. Those first 3 in particular will be in heavy rotation.

Mirrors grew on me like a MFer. It's been on repeat allll day
This. The official music video tho.
Add me to the list
laugh.gif
, been playing it for the past few hours.  Can't believe I slept on this album
mean.gif

Aye man, You guys can rave all you want about this album I got no problem with it.
It's a nice album.

But don't you start disrespecting Miguel's album...**** was smooth man.
nthat.gif
Sonically and lyrically it was something very creative and unique. I don't think the two albums are comparable. 2 totally different visions.
Miguel finally brought some life back to an RnB game which had become stale and repetitive.

Both are great. Just leave it at that
pimp.gif
Both are great.  Can't say I could blame anyone who would take one over the other.  But, If I was gonna choose one then I'd go with JT's album.  He's got a more mature sound, Miguel's is basically a cd about sex
laugh.gif
.  I mean it sounds awesome, but sometimes I need a little variety...

Album has still been on repeat and sounds just as good as it did the first time I heard it. Blue Ocean Floor came out of nowhere and became my favorite song on the album as well as one of my top songs of the year so far, wow :pimp:

Last edited:
FSLS - Justified - 20/20

In that order. But it's very close

Just because I'm battling with JT newfound ability to consistently to pick a theme to base his album around and make it hot. Versus the first album you can tell that he was experimenting with things and trying to find the perfect fit.

It's a battle of refined vs process.

Back
Top Bottom