.:: Kanye West - Flashing Lights (Deleted Version) ::.

chick is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

This was the kind of video I was expecting for Flashing Lights though it did get redundant in the middle. The first video was disappointing at first viewing, but realizing how Kanye/Spike Jones was able to tell a story in one sequential shot was amazing but that was too short of a video. Plus Rita G > Version 2 chick.

Anyways, result so far: Version 1 > Version 2.

Can't wait to see version 3.

Your kidding me right?
roll.gif
I didn't notice anything amazing on thatsequence period. Except ol girls behind.

smh.gif

Cinematography speaking, this 2nd video is WAYYYY > than the first one. The way in which the stop animation is used to portray the story in the song,and how it is symbolic for where she is headed in life. The photography and framing alone is head and shoulders above the first one....the framing in the 1stone was TERRIBLE, ol girl was out of the thirds and everything in the first one.

Also this is youtube quality that your looking at. I'm sure it's much smoother on TV or on film.

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by Patriots 18 1

1. this video SUCKED
2. Kanye west tries way to hard to appear all artsy
3. He should just film himself doing this in concert and use that footage instead.

But that's part of the reason why all the cool kids like him.
Well considering in this day in age where there are NO artsy videos in mainstream rap, how is this a bad thing?

Originally Posted by TW3EK

^the og didnt... this is different... and its not in slow motion... if the other video wasnt focused on a bad broad the whole time nobody would care about it either... like somebody said artisticly this a million times better... the other video was beyond stupid...
Quoted for Truth

Not just beyond stupid, but directed terribly.

I love this video 100 times more.... but Rita G! in the first video [rick flair] whoooo! [/rick flair] Nobody even cared that the video was short

Originally Posted by buggz05

Cinematography speaking, this 2nd video is WAYYYY > than the first one. The way in which the stop animation is used to portray the story in the song, and how it is symbolic for where she is headed in life. The photography and framing alone is head and shoulders above the first one....the framing in the 1st one was TERRIBLE, ol girl was out of the thirds and everything in the first one.
Originally Posted by TW3EK

^the og didnt... this is different... and its not in slow motion... if the other video wasnt focused on a bad broad the whole time nobody would care about it either... like somebody said artisticly this a million times better... the other video was beyond stupid...
Quoted for Truth

Not just beyond stupid, but directed terribly.

to add on to the bolded part... it also took the flashin lights theme literally... since it was still animation (photos) the whole song had "flashinglights" cuz each frame is essentially a picture
happy.gif

Kanye is one helluva artist IMO. But dude's visual concepts for videos make no sense. I would expect an alternative band to record music to the videos heput out for this song before Flashing Lights. I don't know though.......video's alright to me.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Kanye is one helluva artist IMO. But dude's visual concepts for videos make no sense. I would expect an alternative band to record music to the videos he put out for this song before Flashing Lights. I don't know though.......video's alright to me.

laugh.gif
PPL don't understand anything past big booties shaking, chainsblinging and expensive cars anymore
smh.gif

Step away from BET for awhile. Watch something that's not watered down and actually stands for something. You'll get it after awhile, or someday.

Originally Posted by buggzpimpin

Kanye is one helluva artist IMO. But dude's visual concepts for videos make no sense. I would expect an alternative band to record music to the videos he put out for this song before Flashing Lights. I don't know though.......video's alright to me.

laugh.gif
PPL don't understand anything past big booties shaking, chains blinging and expensive cars anymore
smh.gif

Step away from BET for awhile. Watch something that's not watered down and actually stands for something. You'll get it after awhile, or someday.
So let's just assume that I expect an artist the caliber of Kanye West to have chain blingin, booty shaking, and expensive cars in all hisvideos...
roll.gif
Homie you're a good laugh. I guess since Rita G. was shownin the first video getting out of a car to hit Kanye with a shovel that makes it an incredible concept right? ......and btw I don't check out BET so knockoff the dumb assumptions.

laugh.gif
PPL don't understand anything past big booties shaking, chains blinging and expensive cars anymore
smh.gif

So let's just assume that I expect an artist the caliber of Kanye West to have chain blingin, booty shaking, and expensive cars in all his videos...
roll.gif
Homie you're a good laugh. I guess since Rita G. was shown in the first video getting out of a car to hit Kanye with a shovel that makes it an incredible concept right? ......and btw I don't check out BET so knock off the dumb assumptions.

laugh.gif
Actually about 4 or 5 post ahead of yours I said how stupid thefirst video was, and how ungreat it was, and that the hypebeast need to lay off the nuts. What got me rolling about you in particular, is that, "I would expect an alternative band to record music..". Basically that tells me you that your not use to anythingbesides RAP music videos, because 99.9% of alternative music videos are generally better than 99.9% of RAP videos, and are most of the time (excluding themainstream teenage aimed bull...) quite good.

The fact that you said that you would expect an alternative band to make music to his videos tells me your not very conceptual nor multicultural..

No hate fam. I call it how I see it, and the state of RAP and hip hop that I see today, especially the fans underneath the blanket of the man, is ridiculous.

EDIT: Open your mind. Free your soul.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

So let's just assume that I expect an artist the caliber of Kanye West to have chain blingin, booty shaking, and expensive cars in all his videos...
roll.gif
Homie you're a good laugh. I guess since Rita G. was shown in the first video getting out of a car to hit Kanye with a shovel that makes it an incredible concept right? ......and btw I don't check out BET so knock off the dumb assumptions.

laugh.gif
Actually about 4 or 5 post ahead of yours I said how stupid the first video was, and how ungreat it was, and that the hypebeast need to lay off the nuts. What got me rolling about you in particular, is that, "I would expect an alternative band to record music..". Basically that tells me you that your not use to anything besides RAP music videos, because 99.9% of alternative music videos are generally better than 99.9% of RAP videos, and are most of the time (excluding the mainstream teenage aimed bull...) quite good.

The fact that you said that you would expect an alternative band to make music to his videos tells me your not very conceptual nor multicultural..

No hate fam. I call it how I see it, and the state of RAP and hip hop that I see today, especially the fans underneath the blanket of the man, is ridiculous.

EDIT: Open your mind. Free your soul.
Just for the record, I am not an avid fan of alternative music so I will readily admit that. However that doesn't mean I haven't seen anyvideos the last few years from any alternative bands. Admittedly I do think rap videos in general are horrible nowadays especially compared to other musicgenres. But hip hop is my main choice of music so it is what it is.

As far as "not being very conceptual" or "multicultural" that is just your opinion and if that's how you feel I honestly don't carebut more power to you anyway. Kanye West is an artist first before being just another "rapper" like 50 and others. So I do feel his music stands forsomething. I just don't find the video concept to the song pertinent to what the lyrics of his song is and the instrumental. Just my opinionthough.....don't care if anyone agrees or not.

^Wait...which video are you talking about first off? So we can get on the same page...

And I said that's what your statement tells me about you. I don't know anything about you really....it's not that deep.

I, as a film producer and video editor, find the stop animation video very intriguing, creative and well done. But that's just me...I guess you can sayI'm "trained" (so to speak) to notice these things...

^Wait...which video are you talking about first off? So we can get on the same page...

And I said that's what your statement tells me about you. I don't know anything about you really....it's not that deep.

I, as a film producer and video editor, find the stop animation video very intriguing, creative and well done. But that's just me...I guess you can say I'm "trained" (so to speak) to notice these things...
I was referring to the 1st video with Rita G. getting out of the car just to hit Kanye at the end with a shovel...."Flassshhing Lighttsss"WTH?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Lyrics to the song just don't incorporate a vision in my mind of a videolike that.

In general I do think the second video was better though. Much better.

chick in the vid is straight
devil.gif
anyone got info on her

I really didn't like this ver. until the end that kinda pulled it together especially that's like a wknd scene over on 2nd ave
- as far as the first ver. goes it made sense to me for 2-reasons the lyrics seem to be portraying a girl turned "ugly" by the fame and later becameobsessive hence killing him
and the second reason is when the vid came out Kanye was in hiding 'cause of his mom's death then he gives you a vid basically saying he'skilling his former self after getting caught up in the fame

Cinematography speaking, this 2nd video is WAYYYY > than the first one. The way in which the stop animation is used to portray the story in the song, and how it is symbolic for where she is headed in life. The photography and framing alone is head and shoulders above the first one....the framing in the 1st one was TERRIBLE, ol girl was out of the thirds and everything in the first one.
roll.gif
get out of here with that rules of 3rd BS...visually (andconceptually), the first video ****ted all over this one...

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

roll.gif
get out of here with that rules of 3rd BS...visually (and conceptually), the first video ****ted all over this one...

grin.gif
sh...was tacky

Kanye music + chick in underway + Expensive Car + Slow motion = Greatness!

roll.gif
Hypebeast

Back
Top Bottom