Kanye West - Flashing Lights [Video]

Originally Posted by Mag1c12783

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

For those of you who aren't feeling Kanye's music video for Flashing Lights this might change your mind. In Diamonds Are Forever, James Bond is taken out to the desert and left to die. Kanye wore a black suit in Flashing Lights, just as Bond usually does(1st pic). The car's headlights FLASH several times on the way out to the desert(3rd pic). Yes, there is even a spy gadget lighter that drops out of Bonds' pocket while he's unconscious (5th pic). Kanye also sampled the movie's theme song for his first single on Late Registration…
Well w/o knowing that b4 seeing the video it doesn't make any sense but Thanks for sheding a lil light on it.....hope it all ties in in theend

Somebody point me towards a worse music video than this, preferably someone not wearing the kneepads.

That was like the best video I've seen in the last couple years.

Seriously, how does this video suck?

I think alot of people are either a) just hating or b) don't know %+!# about music videos.

Its an average video, what does that have to do with hating, and this is coming from a Ye fan.

Just because it has some sort of "concept" behind it doesn't make it such a "great" video, so 'artsy". I watch MTV or BET(once in a while) to hear a good song I like and see a dope video....I don't see how anyone can sit there and watch this entire video more than 2...3 timesmax just because its so slow and boring.

Originally Posted by THE GREAT SHAKE

Originally Posted by LayzieLou21

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Layzie..what is it exactly that you do?

I provide the cars that are featured in music videos, movies, tv shows, commercials, red carpets, etc...

That's why I was the one driving. And if you see the pic above with Kanye and Spike, you can see my Aqua VIII's behind Kanye. Don't know why some dude reposted my pic.

Tell us what happens in the video and if it's the whole thing if you were there then.

Are you kidding me ??? Read the whole post before you start asking questions.

Originally Posted by Super Hypebeast

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

I saw the Kanye video tonight. I didn't know what I had watched for 2 mins and 47 seconds. So I spent time researching the video. This is what I found. I'm not a big James Bond fan, but this kind of explains the video somewhat.

For those of you who aren't feeling Kanye's music video for Flashing Lights this might change your mind. In Diamonds Are Forever, James Bond is taken out to the desert and left to die. Kanye wore a black suit in Flashing Lights, just as Bond usually does(1st pic). The car's headlights FLASH several times on the way out to the desert(3rd pic). Yes, there is even a spy gadget lighter that drops out of Bonds' pocket while he's unconscious (5th pic). Kanye also sampled the movie's theme song for his first single on Late Registration…

0071.jpg

eek.gif
nice find

Thanks for shedding some light. I would have never guessed where the inspiration was from.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

That was like the best video I've seen in the last couple years.

Seriously, how does this video suck?

I think alot of people are either a) just hating or b) don't know %+!# about music videos.

Its an average video, what does that have to do with hating, and this is coming from a Ye fan.

Just because it has some sort of "concept" behind it doesn't make it such a "great" video, so 'artsy". I watch MTV or BET (once in a while) to hear a good song I like and see a dope video....I don't see how anyone can sit there and watch this entire video more than 2...3 times max just because its so slow and boring.

Exactly.

You can have a creative angle to a video. Look at Ye's past videos. They've all been pretty good.

But here, us viewers are supposed to key in and appreciate some sort of 'concept.'

Some obscure James Bond reference, that 90% of the viewing public won't have a clue too, if you didn't tell them beforehand.

And even then, it's still meh.

Doesn't help really either that the video all of a sudden abrubtly ends.

I'm not that impressed either....hot chick drives car, takes off clothes, burns clothes, walks a bit, opens trunk of car, kisses then ,kills Kanye withshovel...fin

ehhh......i was hoping for some actual flashing of lights....not a club scene, but something like that

I think what kanye is trying to do is embark his place in music history, rather than acute his style to do the expected. The song is super parallel to thevideo.

ok imma make a comparison of da video that everyone can agree with...

da song flashing lights is da suns offense....flashy, fast, excitin...

da video is slow, mythotical, philosophical, and conceptual.....

da video and da song are great by themselves....but they don't mesh...kinda like throwin shaq in that PHX team.

I guess I'm with the few that actually likes the video.

It goes great with the song if you understand it. I can't until the next parts come out.

Spike Jonze is a genius... This video is essentially 35-40 seconds of footage slowed down enough to tell an amazing story to go with the song.
Its got one cut in the whole thing
eek.gif
. It changes the entire meaning of thesong. Obsession is a b*(*&...
eek.gif

That's one of the best videos i've seen in a minute. Definately the best from Graduation. I can see why people are complaining though. Dudes aren'tgoing to feel this *%@ because its suppose to be a music video. This is one of those videos that doesn't grab your attention but you have to pay closeattention to it to appreciate it. Damn Rita G is bad. I remember ol' girl on the Howard Stern Show on E! back when I was in high school.

Kanye done made his bread but this wasn't a smart move to drop as a video. Probably as a short film of some sort but the music video crowd isn't gonnarock to this *%@. MTV crowd might mess with it though.

Back
Top Bottom