<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

What people gotta understand is this theme for the album wasn't meant for The Throne to spit like lyrical geniuses. They kept to the theme..."Who #%@+#@# with us?" haha

Man these beats 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

I'm going to be in the minority on this, but here goes...

Like I said in a previous post, sonically? No questions its phenomenal. The production is off the charts. But the raps to me are just average/okay/good (Jay had some fine moments on the record), I can't get past that. I honestly have played this twice and I could see myself skipping a lot of these tracks in the coming weeks. For me, the reliability of the raps on here just isn't there, and that's a big thing when I'm listening to a new record.

IMO they alienated a listener with this one (Me) but who am I. "Planking on a million" just doesn't do it for me, and Kanye West raps on this album are subpar.

The features all were good to me, (I liked both records frank ocean was on, and beyonce's soulfulness on lift off was great. Mr. Hudson did his thing too) but it was just missing a certain "it" to me.

8/10
This was kinda where I was going with my previous post...Ye' raps' just don't have that same soulful feel to it...

I see myself skipping some of these songs in the coming weeks too, the replay value just isn't there for me. MBDTF has plenty of replay value for me, but this...it's just missing some of that good ol' "Soul" that Ye' usually delivers...

When I listen to it, I get a sense that these guys are bigger then life..and in a way they are...but I mean, how many people can relate to that at every moment? It's cool to see the way Ye' has progressed though, from the College Dropout to this..but it's a bittersweet feelin..no pun intended...

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I'm seeing people saying they dislike Lift Off.

How?

The beat is ridiculous. Extremely well developed. And the ending to ride out to is just the icing on the cake.

Its the verses...Hook is dope...Ye/Kanye didn't flow well with the beat/timing

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I'm seeing people saying they dislike Lift Off.

How?

The beat is ridiculous. Extremely well developed. And the ending to ride out to is just the icing on the cake.

Its the verses...Hook is dope...Ye/Kanye didn't flow well with the beat/timing

Like I said in a previous post, sonically? No questions its phenomenal. The production is off the charts. But the raps to me are just average/okay/good (Jay had some fine moments on the record), I can't get past that. I honestly have played this twice and I could see myself skipping a lot of these tracks in the coming weeks. For me, the reliability of the raps on here just isn't there, and that's a big thing when I'm listening to a new record.

IMO they alienated a listener with this one (Me) but who am I. "Planking on a million" just doesn't do it for me, and Kanye West raps on this album are subpar.

The features all were good to me, (I liked both records frank ocean was on, and beyonce's soulfulness on lift off was great. Mr. Hudson did his thing too) but it was just missing a certain "it" to me.

8/10
This was kinda where I was going with my previous post...Ye' raps' just don't have that same soulful feel to it...

I see myself skipping some of these songs in the coming weeks too, the replay value just isn't there for me. MBDTF has plenty of replay value for me, but this...it's just missing some of that good ol' "Soul" that Ye' usually delivers...

When I listen to it, I get a sense that these guys are bigger then life..and in a way they are...but I mean, how many people can relate to that at every moment? It's cool to see the way Ye' has progressed though, from the College Dropout to this..but it's a bittersweet feelin..no pun intended...

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

"N In Paris" makes me just want to upgrade my whole life
laugh.gif
, the last past of that track is just soooo 
sick.gif

Gotta focus in and get these billions 
devil.gif

this track and the murder to excellence, towards the end of the track where he goes in on black excellence..i just need to be more focused yo!!

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

"N In Paris" makes me just want to upgrade my whole life
laugh.gif
, the last past of that track is just soooo 
sick.gif

Gotta focus in and get these billions 
devil.gif

this track and the murder to excellence, towards the end of the track where he goes in on black excellence..i just need to be more focused yo!!

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

I'm disappointed that the intro beat from the documentary is not on this album. That @$#@ was cray

It is, its in one of the songs midway through the album. They changed the pitch a little tho

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

I'm disappointed that the intro beat from the documentary is not on this album. That @$#@ was cray

It is, its in one of the songs midway through the album. They changed the pitch a little tho

"I'm going to be in the minority on this, but here goes..."

And that's exactly it.

People here mad that Jay/Ye ain't sound like Lupe on this album
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Even LUPE HIMSELF is learning that when it comes to the mainstream, lyricism takes you so far - if your music sounds like trash to them, they ain't coppin.

IMO, There's plenty of meaningful introspection, wordplay, rhyming/flow (particularly from Jay) on WTT, and it's over nice production that's experimental instead of formulaic.

"I'm going to be in the minority on this, but here goes..."

And that's exactly it.

People here mad that Jay/Ye ain't sound like Lupe on this album
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Even LUPE HIMSELF is learning that when it comes to the mainstream, lyricism takes you so far - if your music sounds like trash to them, they ain't coppin.

IMO, There's plenty of meaningful introspection, wordplay, rhyming/flow (particularly from Jay) on WTT, and it's over nice production that's experimental instead of formulaic.

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

8/10

QTF. Exactly my point. I mean, do I REALLY want to hear about how much better your life is than mine? Do I really want to hear about your black card, and where you vacationed last week? Do I really need to hear about the class of women that come your way?
ohwell.gif
 No real replay value for this, I just don't hear what everyone else his hearing. What I got from listening to this album, top to bottom, is that "We're the $$$+, we run $$$+, we can do this that and the other because of our status."
And that's cool, but where's the wordplay? Where's the wit? Somehow, when it comes to Jay (Not really Jay, he was pretty good on this album) and Kanye, that gets lost. Sounded like average rappers to me, but then again, what do I know?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

8/10

QTF. Exactly my point. I mean, do I REALLY want to hear about how much better your life is than mine? Do I really want to hear about your black card, and where you vacationed last week? Do I really need to hear about the class of women that come your way?
ohwell.gif
 No real replay value for this, I just don't hear what everyone else his hearing. What I got from listening to this album, top to bottom, is that "We're the $$$+, we run $$$+, we can do this that and the other because of our status."
And that's cool, but where's the wordplay? Where's the wit? Somehow, when it comes to Jay (Not really Jay, he was pretty good on this album) and Kanye, that gets lost. Sounded like average rappers to me, but then again, what do I know?
ohwell.gif

First listen: Done.

9/10 for me off that listen. Only 2 tracks I'd skip in the foreseeable future (Lift Off and The Joy [only cause I listened to this song so many times when it first dropped]). The production is the best I've heard in a long, long time. Favorite songs right now are No Church in the Wild, N in Paris, and New Day.

Ugh, this album's gonna take up so much of my time for the next week or so.

First listen: Done.

9/10 for me off that listen. Only 2 tracks I'd skip in the foreseeable future (Lift Off and The Joy [only cause I listened to this song so many times when it first dropped]). The production is the best I've heard in a long, long time. Favorite songs right now are No Church in the Wild, N in Paris, and New Day.

Ugh, this album's gonna take up so much of my time for the next week or so.

I know it was The Dream on the first track! And
laugh.gif
at Jay/Ye didn't spit like Lupe. Yeah cause you got all of Lupe's lines first listen. Read the booklet with the rhymes while listening than talk to me

Back
Top Bottom