<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

This reminded me how much I really wanted a Nas and AZ album.

And the thing with the lyrics is...Kanye can't make Jay-Z rap better. From a purely rapping standpoint, he doesn't push Jay. At all. And Jay has these moments on this album where he zones completely and it's like "whoa"...but then he has these lazy Kanye-like moments where he's just rapping for a while and you can kinda tune him out. That's partly to him being naturally better than Kanye. So he's never going to have to go in crazy to better over the course of an album. It's easy.

That and it really isn't *that* personal. Even the "introspective" things lack a personal touch. It doesn't do anything for me emotionally. Sounds good. Nice millionaire music. But...we get it.

But...Jay snapped on Welcome To The Jungle. My lord.

For ME, dude wasn't simply talking about wealth. It's one thing to just brag about to cash-flow, but from the songs on the back half Jay provided a backstory for how he got there. It's not all rosy - there's also a theme of black pride here too. Jay/Ye make it clear that they're not just millionaires, they're BLACK millionaires and it's something to be proud of given this country's history. That's just my take on it though.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

This reminded me how much I really wanted a Nas and AZ album.

And the thing with the lyrics is...Kanye can't make Jay-Z rap better. From a purely rapping standpoint, he doesn't push Jay. At all. And Jay has these moments on this album where he zones completely and it's like "whoa"...but then he has these lazy Kanye-like moments where he's just rapping for a while and you can kinda tune him out. That's partly to him being naturally better than Kanye. So he's never going to have to go in crazy to better over the course of an album. It's easy.

That and it really isn't *that* personal. Even the "introspective" things lack a personal touch. It doesn't do anything for me emotionally. Sounds good. Nice millionaire music. But...we get it.

But...Jay snapped on Welcome To The Jungle. My lord.

For ME, dude wasn't simply talking about wealth. It's one thing to just brag about to cash-flow, but from the songs on the back half Jay provided a backstory for how he got there. It's not all rosy - there's also a theme of black pride here too. Jay/Ye make it clear that they're not just millionaires, they're BLACK millionaires and it's something to be proud of given this country's history. That's just my take on it though.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

the bass is loud as $@%*... that might be why u cant hear the vocals

Nah, Handsome hit it on the head.

Jack is messed up..

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

the bass is loud as $@%*... that might be why u cant hear the vocals

Nah, Handsome hit it on the head.

Jack is messed up..

This album is beautiful. I am in tears. 
laugh.gif

Oh yeah shout out to Kid Cudi!

This album is beautiful. I am in tears. 
laugh.gif

Oh yeah shout out to Kid Cudi!

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Someone explain to me why I can't hear lyrics outta my headphones? Only the instrumental.

Get some new headphones
I have Beats.

Does the same thing with all the headphones i try. Complete $@@% quality coming through my headphones but awesome quality going through my computer speakers.
lol well thats your first problem right there 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Someone explain to me why I can't hear lyrics outta my headphones? Only the instrumental.

Get some new headphones
I have Beats.

Does the same thing with all the headphones i try. Complete $@@% quality coming through my headphones but awesome quality going through my computer speakers.
lol well thats your first problem right there 
grin.gif

I prefer that millionaire, baller type music over that broke, living in my momma's basement type rap.

Rather listen to this than College Dropout, I don't relate to poor rap anymore
laugh.gif

I prefer that millionaire, baller type music over that broke, living in my momma's basement type rap.

laugh.gif

^ Damn Dipset changed the Avi
laugh.gif

This my 3rd time playing the album....and the album is solid.....finally playing it in a full stereo gives the instrumentals that much power....

Otis actually KNOCKS
laugh.gif

Illest M'fer is my joint right now
pimp.gif

I can imagine the Africans and Arabs on Fulton Ave blasting Gotta Have it out their shoe stores 
pimp.gif

^ Damn Dipset changed the Avi
laugh.gif

This my 3rd time playing the album....and the album is solid.....finally playing it in a full stereo gives the instrumentals that much power....

Otis actually KNOCKS
laugh.gif

Illest M'fer is my joint right now
pimp.gif

I can imagine the Africans and Arabs on Fulton Ave blasting Gotta Have it out their shoe stores 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom